Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Oct 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3773830)   #676
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Apparently, it's bye-bye Massa. For good.

Thank god for that!!

Kubica, Wehrlien or di Resta??

I can see Sir Frank favouring Kubica. They have something in common. Not letting a serious injury get in the way of achieving your dreams. FW never gave up on F1 after his accident. And neither has RK.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 09:32 (Ref:3773832)   #677
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Goodbye Palmer! Hope this is the last we'll see of you in F1.
Quote:
Apparently, it's bye-bye Massa. For good.

Thank god for that!!
More rancorous tones - are they necessary?

I struggle to see what either driver has done that has been so bad for the sport that it would be better off without them both?
Old 12 Oct 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3773839)   #678
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we should give them both credit for doing what they love to do and fulfilling their dreams of racing in F1. Palmer just never had the rub of the green for most of the season, especially Spa. And Massa has actually been very good for Williams with his experience being invaluable
Old 12 Oct 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3773847)   #679
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
So Gasly will skip Austin after all. Who will partner Kvyat?
Old 12 Oct 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3773852)   #680
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
So Gasly will skip Austin after all. Who will partner Kvyat?
Massa
Old 12 Oct 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3773906)   #681
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
News here this morning is saying Brendon Hartley is in the frame to replace Gasly at Austin and for a full time drive next season.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3773911)   #682
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, not sure how feasible that is but it would be well deserved, always thought he was absolutely top drawer, horrible feeling Buemi will be in the car in Austin though.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3773929)   #683
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Brendon Hartley...
I knew I read that name somewhere
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Oct 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3774014)   #684
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Williams should give Stroll snr a test with a view of driving the car next season
Old 13 Oct 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3774035)   #685
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
More rancorous tones - are they necessary?

I struggle to see what either driver has done that has been so bad for the sport that it would be better off without them both?
What's the use of the internet if you can't be nasty about someone on it?
Old 13 Oct 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3774061)   #686
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there you go, Hartley it is then, absolutely fantastic news, hope he can do himself justice, pretty much a vertical learning curve but at least he will be familiar with the track, more to the point it will be nice to watch a race and have a driver to cheer on again.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3774064)   #687
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Woohoo a Kiwi to drive the Sheepo Rosso...
Old 14 Oct 2017, 06:36 (Ref:3774134)   #688
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Massa's b*tching and moaning (once again). Letting us all know how great he is, and how much worse off Williams will be without him.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...illiams--massa

I pray to god that he'll not be in F1 next year! I will be saying a special prayer at church on Sunday for this to come true. Hey crmalcolm, care to join me in prayer? If we both pray maybe god will listen to us.

Old 14 Oct 2017, 07:34 (Ref:3774141)   #689
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
No doubt Hartley feels happy to get the one off drive at STR.

But.., this story is kind of like... a guy who got dumped by his girlfriend 7 years ago (for one of his best mates mind you), then out of nowhere, she calls him 7 years later asking him if he would like to accompany her to an work dinner. Even says to him it's only because the guy she was to be going with, has made other plans, and she could not find anyone else suitable.

How would you really feel?

Either way, hope he does get lucky!
Old 14 Oct 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3774143)   #690
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
It’s certainly a very strange decision but a chance is a chance. Be interesting to see if he can make anything of it. Must be doubtful but who knows. Kvyat should demolish him.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3774146)   #691
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No doubt Hartley feels happy to get the one off drive at STR.
Yes. https://mobile.twitter.com/brendonha...38622270861312
Quote:
But.., this story is kind of like... a guy who got dumped by his girlfriend 7 years ago (for one of his best mates mind you), then out of nowhere, she calls him 7 years later asking him if he would like to accompany her to an work dinner. Even says to him it's only because the guy she was to be going with, has made other plans, and she could not find anyone else suitable.

How would you really feel?
Except it isn't like that. What it is like is getting the opportunity to race a Formula 1 car.

Quote:
Either way, hope he does get lucky!
He already is.

Last edited by Adam43; 14 Oct 2017 at 09:00.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3774157)   #692
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nothing new here. McNish, Montagny and Lotterer finally got the chance after it seemed they never would.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3775215)   #693
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Heard some "inside information" that Alonso maybe staying at McLaren next year. More news soon.

Old 20 Oct 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3775261)   #694
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Heard some "inside information" that Alonso maybe staying at McLaren next year. More news soon.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=151905
Old 20 Oct 2017, 21:45 (Ref:3775321)   #695
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=151905
And... a slight pet peeve. Why create a thread just to note that Alonso has signed for next year?

At least we are now discussing it in the right thread.

Richard
Old 23 Oct 2017, 00:17 (Ref:3775763)   #696
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
The Williams second drive is an interesting one, with Paddy Lowe indicating any driver currently without a contract is in the running, and the 'over 25 rule' is not as strict as first thought.

That being the case, Wehrlein should be at the front of the queue. Even though I'm all aboard the Kubica hype train.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3776146)   #697
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
The Williams second drive is an interesting one, with Paddy Lowe indicating any driver currently without a contract is in the running, and the 'over 25 rule' is not as strict as first thought.

That being the case, Wehrlein should be at the front of the queue. Even though I'm all aboard the Kubica hype train.
Mr Wehrlein should be smoking Mr Ericsson this year, easily if you believe the hype, but it’s just not happening...

Mr Hartley come on down..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3776157)   #698
S griffin
Veteran

I still have a feeling the team would rather use Kubica
Old 24 Oct 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3776185)   #699
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kubica's testing performance had been amazing would they have not signed him already
Old 24 Oct 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3776199)   #700
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
If Kubica's testing performance had been amazing would they have not signed him already
Given the Williams tests for Kubica and di Resta completed days ago, I am surprised some type of info as to how those went hasn't leaked out. There were some articles saying the testing happened a few days ago, but that's about it.

Richard