Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Oct 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3773388)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert [VASC17R21R22] Vodafone Gold Coast 600:20-22 Oct

The race along the beach, well the Queensland one anyway...

The last event in the Pirtek Enduro Cup, with the final 2 driver event for 2017...

No news about driver changes, although noise around suggests there may be one or two...

Will 888 come back to form.. or will DJRTP just walk away with it?

Not long til we find out...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Oct 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3773488)   #2
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richards out? Webb out?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 00:12 (Ref:3773541)   #3
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if Ash Walsh will be ready to jump back in by then?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 04:49 (Ref:3773566)   #4
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm what changes of drivers ????????
Old 11 Oct 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3773595)   #5
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Mr Douglas locked in? Who's driving it in NZ?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 08:15 (Ref:3773602)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Pick a GC Sticker Job Here
Old 13 Oct 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3773940)   #7
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bathrust design romping it. Who'd thunk it?
Old 13 Oct 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3773966)   #8
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So we come to another street circuit. Who has form at these tracks? I think 888 will bounce back especially Van Gisbergen.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3773972)   #9
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst showed there's now at least a couple of new generation co-drivers with equally as big, if not bigger, balls than the Giz.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3773982)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
So we come to another street circuit. Who has form at these tracks? I think 888 will bounce back especially Van Gisbergen.
Well in GC600 times

Last ford win was Reynolds in 2013
SVG has won the last 3 saturday races
Jdub 5 wins
Scotty was on the podium in both races last year
DJRTP (DJR) have never won
Old 15 Oct 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3774373)   #11
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gold Coast had a huge drenching on the weekend, 50% chance of rain this weekend. Should make for interesting racing (and sodden spectators).
Old 15 Oct 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3774383)   #12
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Gold Coast had a huge drenching on the weekend, 50% chance of rain this weekend. Should make for interesting racing (and sodden spectators).
Despite what the BOM tells us it is not generally possible to provide a weather forecast more than 2 or 3 days in advance with any reasonable accuracy in this part of the world.

We all remember the forecast for Bathurst at the start of raceweek. And what happened on Sunday?
Old 15 Oct 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3774389)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Heimgartner to partner Slade at GC600
Old 16 Oct 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3774438)   #14
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Despite what the BOM tells us it is not generally possible to provide a weather forecast more than 2 or 3 days in advance with any reasonable accuracy in this part of the world.

We all remember the forecast for Bathurst at the start of raceweek. And what happened on Sunday?
Over the past 18 years , standing trackside with flag in, hand,we have had some sunny days and some wet ones. Depending on the Tasman and the Coral Seas, or blast from the southern up through the guts, you never know what is in store on the Coast.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3774458)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
#56 Mega Racing... the old fella used to be quick there not that long ago...
Old 16 Oct 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3774465)   #16
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit of a lucky dip as to which chassis he'll use, considering the one that is known to be a bit of a dog, is still in the fleet...
Old 17 Oct 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3774585)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Boost Mobile Continue On #8
Old 18 Oct 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3774841)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Over the past 18 years , standing trackside with flag in, hand,we have had some sunny days and some wet ones. Depending on the Tasman and the Coral Seas, or blast from the southern up through the guts, you never know what is in store on the Coast.
The year I did it we had both on the same day. Built our own shelter out of discarded advertising hordings, a couple of brooms and some discarded rope from behind the grandstand. Once the rain stopped and the sun came out it started to steam off and turned our shelter into a sauna!
Old 20 Oct 2017, 04:43 (Ref:3775144)   #19
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Bit of a lucky dip as to which chassis he'll use, considering the one that is known to be a bit of a dog, is still in the fleet...
Which PRA car is a dog!?
Old 20 Oct 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3775145)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

The first CotF they built.

Was the car Mr Reynolds nicknamed, and then went on to be the Delorean.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3775162)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Yet another crash for Mr Moffat...
Old 20 Oct 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3775163)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yep.

Not a good thing to do, when your career is hanging in the balance.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 08:04 (Ref:3775167)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Yep.

Not a good thing to do, when your career is hanging in the balance.
A cleanout of the shed before he leaves?

Pretty ordinary form..
Old 20 Oct 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3775172)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Yet another crash for Mr Moffat...
Video Here
Old 20 Oct 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3775183)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....