Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Apr 2001, 23:02 (Ref:78763)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

OK, who was at fault? What are your thoughts on the incident?

All I can say is that Skaife will win the championship this year. Why? Because he is almighty lucky... I've seen many a race car written off with similar damage to that part of the car...
Old 9 Apr 2001, 02:40 (Ref:78803)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Not sure crash, we did'nt really get to see the whole thing - from what I saw - racing incident.

PS: He was extremely lucky
Old 9 Apr 2001, 04:24 (Ref:78813)   #3
hypo
Racer

hypo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Wrex has already said,we didn`t really get to see the whole thing so it`s a bit hard to judge,but Lowndes looked as though he could have been a bit more patient.....

It was just a real shame that it ended in tears,it would have been brilliant if we could have watched these two champions battle it out for a few more laps once again.

Old 9 Apr 2001, 07:57 (Ref:78833)   #4
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife should've been given a stop go penalty, u could clearly see that Lowndes gave Skaife a tap at the rear, then Skaife went left then pulled straight across the nose of the Falcon.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 10:16 (Ref:78855)   #5
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also noticed that from lowndes in car camera that skaife was still on the brakes, or he reapplied them when he saw craig was going to dive for the inside. I think both were at fault but craig could have been a little more patient
Old 9 Apr 2001, 12:29 (Ref:78901)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seemed to me that Craig was just carrying a lot more mid-corner speed.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 13:27 (Ref:78917)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe when the pressure is on - and I mean really, really on for example oh..battling your ex team mate or trying to pass Radisich at Eastern Creek the Kid can't make these moves under such intense pressure ?

I notice all you FORD blokes have stopped calling him Clowndes now he's your golden boy

Cheers Buck.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 13:31 (Ref:78920)   #8
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
I notice all you FORD blokes have stopped calling him Clowndes now he's your golden boy
NOT ME!! but then again, I'm not a bloke!!

he is an exceptionally talented driver, yeah ... and I can't deny I'm pleasantly surprised by how well he is doing in his Falcon ... but he will ALWAYS be Clowndes to me!!
Old 12 Apr 2001, 23:58 (Ref:79972)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by thompson_fan
Skaife should've been given a stop go penalty, u could clearly see that Lowndes gave Skaife a tap at the rear, then Skaife went left then pulled straight across the nose of the Falcon.
From what I could make out, Lowndes tapped Skaife and Skaife half spun his car and Lowndes T-boned Skaife. I cannot see how Skaife should be penalised when Lowdnes tapped him. In fact, I thought that was a bonehead move to tal anyone there because you could end up running into the car you tap.
Old 13 Apr 2001, 01:41 (Ref:80002)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with valve bounce..it did seem as if Craig just ran into the back of Skaife..whether Skaife was slowing up to hinder Lowndes or not is a little bit of a grey area..but the end result is Lowndes atarted the incident and then lost out in the end result.

racing incident in my book but I think CAMS should have a bit of a word to both of them to sort out any little problems that may occur from this.

I was surprised at how Skaife was able to continue..luck of the irish i guess.
I think both of them will put it behind them and move on and shouldnt have any malice over the incident
Old 13 Apr 2001, 05:48 (Ref:80055)   #11
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh come on.

u can clearly see Lowndes give Skaife a nudge in the rear, Skaife manages to hang on to it, then simply drives across the front of Lowndes
Old 13 Apr 2001, 08:09 (Ref:80081)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is one of those situations when you need to bring things down to basics to see right and wrong. Then to proportion blame and hand out a punishment.

That said, this is my ruling

Lowndes drives a Ford........he is clearly being blocked by a slower car driven by a stupider driver.

Skaife drives a Holden.......he is clearly in the wrong!

Now, what exactly is the problem here?

Lowndes - no punishment
Skaife - 3 race ban and $100,000 fine.

So endeth the lesson.
Old 13 Apr 2001, 10:45 (Ref:80107)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I ever get charged with murder, I hope i come up against Judge Moffat...3 race ban???! Blimey! Give him life, or at least a nose job!
Old 13 Apr 2001, 13:11 (Ref:80161)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
hmmm..lets hope I never meet you in a court of law Moff

I think one of the main issues is that the TV didnt really catch the incident that well...the outside shot got it all to late and the inside shot doesnt quite tell us the whole story.

whether Skaife turned in on Lowndes is debatable...Mark may have simply started to spin after the tap ..who knows..I think I will go back and have a good look at the tape.

decision : Inconclusive
Old 13 Apr 2001, 22:39 (Ref:80263)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, I'd agree with that. I just hope that it doesn't turn into a Paul Tracy/Michael Andretti thing where they must crash into each other every time they are together on the track...