Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Apr 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3064353)   #1
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus nationality

As I was watching the GP yesterday, I was wondering which anthem would be played if Lotus won. I know they used to be Renault, presumably a French team (even if the car is built in Britain), but does anyone know what country's license Lotus is driving under this year? What anthem would be played for the constructor if they win?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3064644)   #2
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No idea , but sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon ! They will probably have to get the latest trendy talentless DJ in to do some crappy dubstep/garage/house mix of the English and French anthems!!!
Old 24 Apr 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3064657)   #3
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting question. I am suspecting as Lotus is only a sponsor and the team is owned by Genii Capital ie Gerard Lopez and Eric Lux so I am hazarding a guess Luxembourgian anthem?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 06:59 (Ref:3064668)   #4
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't they officially a British team now?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3064679)   #5
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
The only appropriate song I could think of for a National Anthem of Norfolk was this from the Singing Postman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqmXLkJ8Bwk
(Not that there's any Norfolk connection with This Lotus team..)
Old 24 Apr 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3065050)   #6
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the BBC Sport Website they are still officially classed as a French team
Old 24 Apr 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3065100)   #7
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
The only appropriate song I could think of for a National Anthem of Norfolk was this from the Singing Postman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqmXLkJ8Bwk
(Not that there's any Norfolk connection with This Lotus team..)
Alan Smethurst,The Singing Postman - now there's a blast from the past! His hit song "H'a ya gotta loight boy?" would have been highly appropriate if the car was a Lotus (which it isn't) & the sponsorship livery was John Player Special (which it isn't).

I guess I'm probably the only one on here who has The Singing Postman's autograph though.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3065132)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I guess I'm probably the only one on here who has The Singing Postman's autograph though.
Obviously worth more now than when he was alive
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Apr 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3065136)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Obviously worth more now than when he was alive
I understand from someone on the inside that its British...
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Apr 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3065195)   #10
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Alan Smethurst,The Singing Postman - now there's a blast from the past! His hit song "H'a ya gotta loight boy?" would have been highly appropriate if the car was a Lotus (which it isn't) & the sponsorship livery was John Player Special (which it isn't).

Well done John, you spotted the double irony in my post! (Mind you, if/when they suffer an explosive engine failure it'll become a treble irony!).

As for the autograph, Kudos to you sir! I thought I was sad for remembering the song, but that has now paled into insignificance!
Old 25 Apr 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3065443)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As they are owned by GENII, I would have thought the Luxembourg national anthem would have been used.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3065695)   #12
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
We played an Allan Smethurst song at my dad's funeral (You betta come'alonga me).

Everyone knows that the Norfolk National Anthem is "Twelve little tiny fingers, twelve tiny toes". Except in Potter Heigham, where they have webs.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3066330)   #13
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Might be Chinese soon based on what Dany Bahar has been up to.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...of-parliament/
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3066344)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here is the F1 entry list for 2012:
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...ntry-2012.aspx
Lotus at listed as GBR.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3066346)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
I understand from someone on the inside that its British...
I wasn't joking, I really was talking to "someone" on the "inside" last week
Old 27 Apr 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3066353)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believed you.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3066363)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I wasn't joking, I really was talking to "someone" on the "inside" last week
I thought it was a joke !
Old 28 Apr 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3066508)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I thought it was a joke !
There is another side to me apart from the "nonsense" that I normally post.
We received a letter this morning (that we were expecting) inviting my other half to a very important event.
However for security reasons I cannot divulge anything until the event actually takes place
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3066625)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We received a letter this morning (that we were expecting) inviting my other half to a very important event.
However for security reasons I cannot divulge anything until the event actually takes place
It sounds dangerous...
Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3066627)   #20
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Sir Gordon Streeter? It does have a certaing ring about it, but I don't remember seeing your name in the honours list. (I scour it every time, just in case I'm mentioned!)
Old 28 Apr 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3066663)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Sir Gordon Streeter? It does have a certaing ring about it, but I don't remember seeing your name in the honours list.
I did say "my other half" I'm not invited, she is actually going with a toyboy !
Old 29 Apr 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3066771)   #22
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sir Gordon Streeter? It does have a certaing ring about it, but I don't remember seeing your name in the honours list. (I scour it every time, just in case I'm mentioned!)
Let me know when Al, I will get my Ermine robes dry cleaned and send them up.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3067140)   #23
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Here is the F1 entry list for 2012:
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...ntry-2012.aspx
Lotus at listed as GBR.
Thank you - I think that's as official as we'll get.