Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Apr 2011, 06:47 (Ref:2860015)   #2426
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
Yes the very small hole is an outlet for hot air generated by the exhaust.
Thanks for the explanation. So the function is a bit like the louvers that Audi has added in the engine cover of the R18. I would expect that all the hot air would be vented out the back, like done in F1 with the "coke bottle".

Can you disclose any lap times? How big was the improvement compared to the race weekend?
Old 7 Apr 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2860041)   #2427
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes the very small hole is an outlet for hot air generated by the exhaust and i can assure you that is the same exhaust outlet as it is even the very same bodywork and the exhaust outlet has not been modified. All we did was put some silver heat reflective tape where the bodywork was burnt.
"all we did"......now your starting to sound like a Prodrive apprentice race technician who works on the AMR LMP1 project!!!!......I guess you cant say too much, but its nice to know we have another double agent on the 10 tenths forum!!!
Old 7 Apr 2011, 08:49 (Ref:2860064)   #2428
BRG
Rookie

England
Gloucestershire
BRG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://twitter.com/AndyMeyrick
AndyMeyrick

test was mega mate
Old 7 Apr 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2860261)   #2429
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
"all we did"......now your starting to sound like a Prodrive apprentice race technician who works on the AMR LMP1 project!!!!......I guess you cant say too much, but its nice to know we have another double agent on the 10 tenths forum!!!
I dont mind talking about it after all i love sportscars and thats why im on the forum, but obviously i cant disclose technical details.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 06:12 (Ref:2860396)   #2430
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm glad to hear somebody else say that, because that is what I have been thinking - the black fenders are terrible! And on that note, I don't think the Oak cars in Gulf livery are looking that great this year either.
Time to go back to British Racing Green - imagine how the old Lola would have looked in BRG!
Old 8 Apr 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2860434)   #2431
BRG
Rookie

England
Gloucestershire
BRG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsavage View Post
Time to go back to British Racing Green - imagine how the old Lola would have looked in BRG!
Old 8 Apr 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2860492)   #2432
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, please!
Old 8 Apr 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2860493)   #2433
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
duh!

Last edited by Pandamasque; 8 Apr 2011 at 12:34. Reason: double post
Old 9 Apr 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2860708)   #2434
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ward-chappell/.

Audi and peugeot have spents millions to pay for the best drivers and mechanics and tested more than quadruple of what youve done and even gone the extra mile in looking at ALTERNATIVE fuel options in choosing diesel for their high end race cars. Once again chappel is complaining that the equivalencies are not right. before you go on a useless rant about equivalencies get your car right and performing to its maximum ability. Is anyone on that team ashamed of that car? HPD came out of the box and did pretty darn well against the diesel. HPD is the standard the ACO will use to equivalize the cars. not that petrol dud you call an AMR-one.

/its funny because aston martin spends so much money on building multiple sub-par cars that you wonder if the shoudlve of just went big on the design of one car and just evolved that through the yearsPEugeot 908 for example. Stop building a bunch of bad cars and build one good one!!!
Old 9 Apr 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2860709)   #2435
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
ttp://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/le-mans-5-questions-with-george-howard-chappell/

Audi and peugeot have spents millions to pay for the best drivers and mechanics and tested more than quadruple of what youve done and even gone the extra mile in looking at ALTERNATIVE fuel options in choosing diesel for their high end race cars. Once again chappel is complaining that the equivalencies are not right. before you go on a useless rant about equivalencies get your car right and performing to its maximum ability.

Is anyone on that team ashamed of that car? HPD came out of the box and did pretty darn well against the diesel. HPD is the standard the ACO will use to equivalize the cars. not that petrol dud you call an AMR-one.

/its funny because aston martin spends so much money on building multiple sub-par cars that you wonder if the shoudlve of just went big on the design of one car and just evolved that through the yearsPEugeot 908 for example. Stop building a bunch of bad cars and build one good one!!!
Old 9 Apr 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2860722)   #2436
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They built the car that beat the C6.R and the best petrol P1 of the last two years.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 01:35 (Ref:2860724)   #2437
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
They built the car that beat the C6.R and the best petrol P1 of the last two years.
Technically, Lola built the best petrol P1....

The DBR9 was good, at least at LM, the other projects have been a bit underwhelming, though the Vantage is starting to get some legs.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 07:19 (Ref:2860770)   #2438
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
sorry about the double post
Old 9 Apr 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2860859)   #2439
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[Stop building a bunch of bad cars and build one good one!!![/QUOTE]

Where has a "bunch" of bad cars come from. There is nothing wrong with the current LMP1 it is just the program was started too late and the car is still to new at the moment. I can assure you that Audi and Pug experience these sorts of problems except its out of the public eye in private testing. These things take time and sadly thats the one thing you cant buy.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2860862)   #2440
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Technically, Lola built the best petrol P1....

The DBR9 was good, at least at LM, the other projects have been a bit underwhelming, though the Vantage is starting to get some legs.
Yeh Prodrives WRC efforts were pretty underwhelming...
Old 9 Apr 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2860884)   #2441
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.prodrive.com/level3.html?id=802

Political negotiations by GH-C are needed as lobbying is why diesels are so competitive and one reason various GT cars from the C5-R to E92 M3 reached the top step of the podium.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2860898)   #2442
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMR/Prodrive are a great team.

DBR9 won Le Mans twice, plus the LMS Championship in 06 and should have won in 08.. It also won the most races in the FIA GT from 2007-2008

The DBRS9 is an old car now but has won the FIA GT3 championship and British GT. Upgrades look to have given it another year of life.

Vantage GT4 is one of the best GT4 cars around with wins in the class N24, Spa24 and FIA GT4 chamipoship.

Their Aston Martin Lola-Aston Martin was also a top P1 car, was it 100% prodrive no but it was still quicker than the Lola Judd's etc.

Just live them time and they'll be up there with the big boys.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2860906)   #2443
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
[Stop building a bunch of bad cars and build one good one!!!
Where has a "bunch" of bad cars come from. There is nothing wrong with the current LMP1 it is just the program was started too late and the car is still to new at the moment. I can assure you that Audi and Pug experience these sorts of problems except its out of the public eye in private testing. These things take time and sadly thats the one thing you cant buy.[/QUOTE]

Please excuse some of the heathen that frequent this board. People often have very short memories it would seem.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2860927)   #2444
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
These things take time and sadly thats the one thing you cant buy.
Yes you can, more money means more people working and developing the car, thus lowering the time needed to complete the task, also more money brings more testing from private tests,

in engenreering you can only have 2 out of these 3 things, quick development, low cost, high quality.

If you want quick development and low cost, you can't have high quality,
if you want low cost and high quality, you cant have quick development.
if you want quick development and high quality you cant have low cost!
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2860937)   #2445
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Where has a "bunch" of bad cars come from. There is nothing wrong with the current LMP1 it is just the program was started too late and the car is still to new at the moment. I can assure you that Audi and Pug experience these sorts of problems except its out of the public eye in private testing. These things take time and sadly thats the one thing you cant buy.
Please excuse some of the heathen that frequent this board. People often have very short memories it would seem.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 9 Apr 2011 at 17:20. Reason: This is what my post should have said, unlike my previous reply.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2860988)   #2446
photopigg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dover, Kent
photopigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the situation that Prodive/AMR are in at the moment remindes me so much of when Jaguar entered group "C" in 1985, if my memory is correct they entered a few race at the end of 1985 but did not finish any of them (apologies if I am wrong) they like Prodive chose to do some private testing but also some public testing during race's, it was not until the second year that things started getting better for them, if anybody can follow that example that Jaguar/TWR set then it's Prodrive/AMR and we all know what Jaguar & TWR went on to do.
So I think give them time and they WILL get there, I think it's a question of time & not if
Old 9 Apr 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2861057)   #2447
JAG
Veteran

England

Nice livery.

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%26prmd%3Divns
Old 10 Apr 2011, 05:39 (Ref:2861125)   #2448
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by photopigg View Post
the situation that Prodive/AMR are in at the moment remindes me so much of when Jaguar entered group "C" in 1985, if my memory is correct they entered a few race at the end of 1985 but did not finish any of them (apologies if I am wrong) they like Prodive chose to do some private testing but also some public testing during race's, it was not until the second year that things started getting better for them, if anybody can follow that example that Jaguar/TWR set then it's Prodrive/AMR and we all know what Jaguar & TWR went on to do.
So I think give them time and they WILL get there, I think it's a question of time & not if
IIRC finished 3rd Mosport, 5th Spa and 2nd Shah Alam.

Led at Mosport and Shah Alam.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2861137)   #2449
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat View Post
IIRC finished 3rd Mosport, 5th Spa and 2nd Shah Alam.

Led at Mosport and Shah Alam.
Plus probably some engine development work carried out by Group 44 during the preceding two years.

Talk of this being a two-year programme is all well and good, but conventional perceived wisdom has always spoken of three years being necessary to gain a LM victory when there's already first class opposition.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 07:31 (Ref:2861141)   #2450
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Strange that they will drive in the test day but have no budget for the race... preparing for a future LMS race perhaps?