Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Jan 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2374312)   #1
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You are saying the AVD Oldtimer is cancelled?

(I've now attempted to clarify this, in the title, as I shared your confusion Roger - JT)

Last edited by John Turner; 19 Jan 2009 at 12:06.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2374323)   #2
dr46rossi
Rookie

Germany
Düsseldorf
dr46rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nürburgring Oldtimer festival cancelled

This morning the DAMC05 informed, that the do not make the Oldtimer Festival this year. the cost are expoading and not enough motorcycles will come, so the have cancelled the festival (The Egons500 at the 24h race is cancelled too)
kind regards

marcel
Old 19 Jan 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2374324)   #3
dr46rossi
Rookie

Germany
Düsseldorf
dr46rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not the AVD Oldtimer Grand prix is cancelled, The DAMC05 Oldtimer Festiaval is cancelled
Old 19 Jan 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2374328)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably not surprising considering the German economic situation is worse than ours!
Old 19 Jan 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2374387)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just to clarify, the AVD Oldtimer GP is, as far as we can tell going ahead 7-9 August see here:-

http://www.avd.de/ogpracing/english/index.html

I will alter the thread title to avoid confusion.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2374394)   #6
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks VERY much for the clarification, would've made for a somber lunchbreak! Pity to hear about the DAMC though, sounds like a nice event.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2374444)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Just to clarify, the AVD Oldtimer GP is, as far as we can tell going ahead 7-9 August see here:-

http://www.avd.de/ogpracing/english/index.html

I will alter the thread title to avoid confusion.

Not a bad idea John,but the clue was in the DAMCO5.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2374551)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Terence but what you hadn't realised is that this discussion was spread over two threads which I have tried to bring together, that DAMCO5 did not and does not appear in the thread title and not everyone knew/knows the difference .... clever clogs!
Old 19 Jan 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2374566)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Yes, Terence but what you hadn't realised is that this discussion was spread over two threads which I have tried to bring together, that DAMCO5 did not and does not appear in the thread title and not everyone knew/knows the difference .... clever clogs!
Old 19 Jan 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2374583)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Is this the meeting usually in June that was called the Jan some thing or other ?
Old 19 Jan 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2374680)   #11
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the Jan Wellem Pokal.
Old 19 Jan 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2374853)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We raced there about five years ago.Didn't go back.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 07:32 (Ref:2375039)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have raced at the meeting its allways been less high profile than the Old Timmers as the meeting caters for us grass rootes racers. Dissapointing for us.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2375041)   #14
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, my name is Ralf. I live in Germany, so I am also affected by the cancellation of this event - this is my first post in this forum.
We have been at the Oldtimer Festival for the past years, because it also contained the Vintage Nürburgring event - a meeting for pre war sportscars, racers, bikes etc. It was thought as successor of the much lamented Vintage Monthlery. You got a few hours of free (untimed) driving on the Nordschleife plus some other driving (Grand Prix circuit and hillsprint), all in a very relaxed athmosphere.
I do hope, that this will not be the end of Vintage Nürburgring...

Fortunately, since the rebirth of the Eifelrennen in September there is another opportunity to drive pre war cars on the Nordschleife, I do sincerely hope, that this will take place in September as planned.

Unfortunately, there are not enough opportunities to race a pre war car in Germany, we do mostly hillclimbs during the season with the odd rallye.

Ralf
Old 20 Jan 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2375055)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome RDP. It's always sad to read about cancelled/removed meetings so let's hope there is a return to "normality" soon.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2375084)   #16
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Peter, that is definitely true.
It is especially sad here in Germany, since we are not really blessed racetrack-wise. With the exception of THE ´Ring, all tracks are more or less Tilke -cised, which makes them not exactly fun or suited for a pre war car.
So we usually grab allthe possibilities we can get.

Ralf
Old 20 Jan 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2375121)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You need to talk with John Ruston, he's the man who knows about the pre war cars. Hopefully there'll be a pre war race at the Spa 6hrs again this year.

BTW. The Bentley Driver's Club is celebrating 60years of Bentley racing. You may find there's somewhere for you cars on their Silverstone bill in august.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 20 Jan 2009 at 10:05.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2375131)   #18
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Peter, thank you for that info.
I do know about all the opportunities pre war racers do have, especially in the UK.
I am also a VSCC member, so there are additional events.
The problem is, that it is quite a trip from southern Germany...
At least I am thinking for going over to the VSCC 75th anniversary events and hopefully do Prescott.

Ralf
Old 20 Jan 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2375149)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Then I hope you'll have a good season.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2375187)   #20
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Thank you !
Old 20 Jan 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2375242)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Peter,The Pre War cars will be at Spa 6 hours organised by Motor Racing Legends,Duncan Wiltshire would welcome all the old gang who used to do the Pre War race at Oldtimers.I have always wondered why they did not do it because Spa is ideal for Pre Wars apart from that last new bit.There may be a class for pre-war at Dijon in mid June (20th?).Much depends on the outcome of the Silverstone negotiations this week.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2375252)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
That said John but we are then back to the other problem of too many historic meetings. The Spa 6 hour clashes with the Eifelvennen.As ive said before just wish all the organizers would get together and sort it out. Surelly this year more than ever.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2375255)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Its Goodwood date along with GP that governs Spa and no body has control over that.There is no Pre War race at the Ring?
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2375418)   #24
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
John, if you mean at the OGP, there probably will be a race again.
But was that not held as a regularity run last year ?
I seem to remember the regulations from 2008, that it was at least run as such.

At the Eifelrennen there will definitely be the free driving for pre war cars again at the Nordschleife, just as in 2008.
Probably again 2x 90 Minutes, which will give plenty of track time.
Additionally we had about 30 Min. GP Circuit and a wonderful tour through the Eifel scenery including a hilltop picknick for road registered cars.

Ralf
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2375419)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Peter,The Pre War cars will be at Spa 6 hours organised by Motor Racing Legends,Duncan Wiltshire would welcome all the old gang who used to do the Pre War race at Oldtimers.
Good stuff.