Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Jun 2009, 05:37 (Ref:2481382)   #1
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAMS Cohorts to face court?

CAMS delegated authority for Karting the AKA will face court over Price Fixing.

This will be a major embarrassment to CAMS in Paris who have already been substantially embarrassed from the current World Rally situation.

Link

Quote:
ACCC institutes legal action against Australian Karting Association (NSW) over alleged price fixing agreement

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has instituted legal proceedings in the Federal Court, Sydney, against the Australian Karting Association (NSW) Inc (AKA) various AKA clubs and officers for alleged contraventions of the Competition Code of New South Wales.

The alleged conduct involves an agreement made between the AKA and AKA clubs at the AKA's annual general meeting held on 19 July 2008, by which the clubs agreed to charge minimum fees for the hire of their circuits to non-AKA operators, with all negotiations for circuit hire to be conducted by the AKA.

It is alleged that the AKA, the Wagga Kart Club, Newcastle Kart Club and the Manning Valley Kart Club contravened the Code by making the alleged agreement; and that the AKA, the Dubbo, Newcastle and the Manning Valley Kart Clubs put the alleged agreement into effect.

The ACCC also alleges that AKA officers, Mr Richard Erdmann and Mr Simon Whiting, were knowingly concerned in the making of the alleged agreement.

The ACCC is seeking orders including declarations that the respondents contravened the Code, injunctions, penalties against the AKA and orders that the AKA implement a trade practices law compliance program.

A scheduling conference is listed before Justice Bennett on Friday 24 July 2009 at 9.30am in the Federal Court, Sydney.

Release # NR 132/09
Issued: 11th June 2009
Old 13 Jun 2009, 05:51 (Ref:2481383)   #2
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ronke View Post

This will be a major embarrassment to CAMS in Paris who have already been substantially embarrassed from the current World Rally situation.

Link
heavy stuff.
Pass the the port please
Old 13 Jun 2009, 09:45 (Ref:2481453)   #3
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Link
You're not pushing a barrow here are you Matthew? Surely not.

I mean the direct references in this article to CAMS and indeed Australasian Touring Cars are astonishing...

If there's one thing that the FIA are reknowned for, it's taking great interest in what a bunch of club-level organisations in regional NSW are up to....
Old 13 Jun 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2481487)   #4
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought that something like this would be to the FIA, which may have some other issues to deal with, the equivelant to calling a two stubbed toes a global medical pandemic!

I agree not good but really think "major embarrassment" may be overselling it a little
Old 13 Jun 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2481488)   #5
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And to think, I thought there were good reasons to source a delegation to the AASA.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2481513)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not good but no biggy either.
Old 13 Jun 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2482360)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anything to do with cartel-like behaviour should be investigated to the extent of the law available...

Cadbury Schweppes is in court right now about the Amcor-Visy cartel in the cardboard box business... it has the potential to impact livelihoods, to ensure that people are paying too much...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Jun 2009, 00:08 (Ref:2482412)   #8
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
not good but no biggy either.
It might just seem like a small issue but its a precedent and reflects poorly on cams.

The AKA have been doing things which have had the fans and motorsport members questioning there actions for some time now. There are lots of reasons why karting isnt as big as it once was but the governence of the sport is definately a primary factor.

It is great to see something being done about it. Just because a few championships exist that arent under the AKA doesnt mean that they deserve to get absolutely jabbed. Its little wonder why motorsport in australia is suffering when it seems each category or organisation attempts to eliminate the other. What ever happened to just racing the way you want to and letting others do the same?
Old 14 Jun 2009, 01:37 (Ref:2482464)   #9
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To understand the History puts it all in context.

Four maybe Five years ago FIA Vice President from France Yvennoe Leon (Spelling??) visited Australia to investigate the AKA. The story goes when CAMS found out the FIA delegate and fellow FIA Vice President the late John Large complained to Max Mosely and shortly after Leon was run out of the FIA with no report given on CAMS and the AKA. If any of this actually happened.

This article explains the relationship between The Late Mr Large and Mr Mosley

link

Also interesting to note that Mr Large also moved to Monaco just after Mr Mosley did.

Mr Mosley is starting to loose Favour in the FIA and there are people staring to ask questions especially about the countries that are thick with Mr Mosley. Which way did CAMS vote last year ???
Old 14 Jun 2009, 06:29 (Ref:2482631)   #10
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's an old article Matthew and hasn't been expanded on or confirmed since it was printed last year.

That aside - this isn;t the first time the ACCC has investigated CAMS or any of the organising bodies within motorsport - even some of the circuits have been 'watched' and, AFAIK, some of these 'watches' are still in place.
Old 14 Jun 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2483004)   #11
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This article explains the relationship between The Late Mr Large and Mr Mosley

link

Also interesting to note that Mr Large also moved to Monaco just after Mr Mosley did.
So why was Mr Large regarded as a "scoundrel" in Australia?
Old 14 Jun 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2483414)   #12
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspence View Post
I mean the direct references in this article to CAMS and indeed Australasian Touring Cars are astonishing...
There have been problems within karting for a long time & AKA does oversee karting on CAMS behalf just like ANDRA & NASR has links to CAMS and they administer Drag Racing & Speedway respectively.

Although this section of 10/10ths is called Australiasian Touring Cars it's long been recognised as the place to look for all things down under in motorsport

I'm not talking gearbox's & diff's either
Old 17 Jun 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2484975)   #13
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
That's an old article Matthew and hasn't been expanded on or confirmed since it was printed last year.

That aside - this isn;t the first time the ACCC has investigated CAMS or any of the organising bodies within motorsport - even some of the circuits have been 'watched' and, AFAIK, some of these 'watches' are still in place.

This has nothing to do with CAMS, AKA will cop it if deemed appopriate (and prima facie it doesn't look right)
The big one for our sport is actually 3rd line forcing, but maybe the keeper wants to deal with that
Old 23 Jun 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2488740)   #14
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Link
Mathew this an an interesting post. Can you clear up a couple of points that I am not clear on here.
Is what the alledged offence in this instance this----- several circuit owners/controllers have colluded to charge a specific minimun charge to prospective or specific potential hirers?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 05:09 (Ref:2488752)   #15
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vague understanding is that under direction from the AKA, Kart tracks/clubs all agreed to set one price for AKA sanctioned events and then a higher price for non-AKA events/hirers.

The issues are not just a double standard pricing structure, but that all clubs agreed to set a fixed price.

EG:
AKA hire $100 per day
Non AKA hire $300 per day

I also believe that this was only clubs/tracks in NSW.

I don't have a good enough knowledge of the difference between clubs/tracks/AKA but I think you get the drift.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 05:19 (Ref:2488755)   #16
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
My vague understanding
And your name is?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 05:45 (Ref:2488766)   #17
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
And your name is?
I believe his name is T-star, similarly, yours is Silver, and mine is Rachel....
Old 23 Jun 2009, 06:49 (Ref:2488777)   #18
T-star
Racer

Thanks Rachel,

If I knew everything without a shadow of a doubt I would put my full name to it.

The reason I said I had a vague understanding is because I don't know all the facts and am not pretending to.

I should have readthe initial link because all I did was regurgitate that anyway.

Allegation: Price Fixing... simple.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 06:54 (Ref:2488782)   #19
NewsStalker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
And your name is?
And yours is?

(No doubt this will no go on and on and on and on and on.....)
Old 23 Jun 2009, 07:25 (Ref:2488798)   #20
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post

The reason I said I had a vague understanding is because I don't know all the facts and am not pretending to.

I should have readthe initial link because all I did was regurgitate that anyway.

Allegation: Price Fixing... simple.
That was the point of my second post--the question was directed at the op-he has some expertise in the area.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2488916)   #21
T-star
Racer

Silver 3,

So you ask a question of 1 person and everyone must be all shhhhh until you get a response?

No wonder you are always in disagreements on here.

I am long way from your 999 posts so I must not be allowed to respond to your threads. Please accept my sincere apologies.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2488920)   #22
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
And yours is?

I now what yours is, mine is Trevor, but shhhh, don't tell anyone
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2488965)   #23
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev:
I now what yours is, mine is Trevor, but shhhh, don't tell anyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsTalker:
And yours is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver3:
And your name is?
I reckon, if you went for a Rowe in a boat, you would find Goode shelter on the Lee side.....

Old 23 Jun 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2489288)   #24
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
I reckon, if you went for a Rowe in a boat, you would find Goode shelter on the Lee side.....
Old 23 Jun 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2489299)   #25
NewsStalker
Veteran

Sometimes I think you can't look past the end of your noses. Let's see...silver calling the kettle black. Or does his drivers licence say Silver 3?

As for the others, maybe when one of then gets out of hospital (if) he can take you down the river for a trip.