Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jan 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2618055)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mad Memorabilia....

I couldn't help but post this......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pair-of-Genuin...item3ca979de36

Much as I'd love to have them hanging in my study - £1000???? And £70 postage??

Someone's playing silly b's........
Old 24 Jan 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2618428)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
There's going ta be a run for them this year !!!

All you brits travelling to Le Mans better get your GPS up and running .

Amazing just how far people will go .

I wonder how long this one will last ?

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-co...s-Mulsanne.jpg

Last edited by The Badger; 24 Jan 2010 at 09:08.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2618520)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

How do you prove that they are genuine, A letter of aunthenticity from the city council might be difficult to obtain.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2618536)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Exactly.....
Old 24 Jan 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2618622)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im keeping my eye on them , just for interest . Bet they dont sell for that price , or someone could have more money than sense .

Wonder might that person get a visit from the cops ?
Old 24 Jan 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2618635)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
There's going ta be a run for them this year !!!

All you brits travelling to Le Mans better get your GPS up and running .

Amazing just how far people will go .

I wonder how long this one will last ?

http://www.sportscardigest.com/wp-co...s-Mulsanne.jpg

one of those i'd like .. just a bit too big to carry home in my backpack

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Jan 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2618725)   #7
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

I will be selling off some of my '99-'02 L-M memorablia shortly.

No road signs but souveneir and official ACO t-shirts and Dunlop coverals issued to me when I marshalled there those years.

PM for details.

Old 24 Jan 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2618764)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
PM sent.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2619102)   #9
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, those signs either have to be fakes or they are stolen, can't believe the local LM Council would have given/sold them to a Brit!
Old 25 Jan 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2619115)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Well, those signs either have to be fakes or they are stolen
A quick look on the web shows that "commercial" grade alluminium signs of a larger size than that can be bought for about £150 each, so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to make a pair.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2619306)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The plot thickens........
Old 26 Jan 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2619880)   #12
turbo-ww
Racer

England
turbo-ww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

YOU'LL STRUGGLE TO FIND ANOTHER GENUINE SET. ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE.

I know of a small town in central France where I may be able to find some. Do I want to is another question.....
Old 27 Jan 2010, 06:14 (Ref:2620122)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think Grant was right though - you might be able to source some, with difficulty, but making a set wouldn't be that hard, surely? And of course we're assuming these are genuine, with no provenance of any kind....
Old 27 Jan 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2620170)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But the big question is why, what the hell are you going to do with them, not exactly the sort of things you put up in the living room and investing large sums of money for them and then putting them on the garage wall? I would prefer some decent posters.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2620319)   #15
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that I would bother with them but I can think of many better things to do with £1070!
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2620596)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If they were genuine, and I could pick them up for a few quid, I'd happily have them on my study wall......
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2620836)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Surely by now your study wall must be covered in much more interesting prints/posters, these signs are not exactly interesting/detailed or even nice to look at, give me framed poster from the group c era anyday
Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2621186)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Surely by now your study wall must be covered in much more interesting prints/posters, these signs are not exactly interesting/detailed or even nice to look at, give me framed poster from the group c era anyday

Surprisingly not. I have a framed Sunday Times magazine front cover depicting Ayrton Senna* plus an original large oil painting of a scene depicting a Formula Ford race at Brands hatch. The picture also includes myself and my late father in it plus the MGB I owned in the 80s. My father painted it.....

(*I hope that a certain member here will remember giving this to me!).
Old 29 Jan 2010, 08:41 (Ref:2621501)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Surprisingly not. I have a framed Sunday Times magazine front cover depicting Ayrton Senna* plus an original large oil painting of a scene depicting a Formula Ford race at Brands hatch. The picture also includes myself and my late father in it plus the MGB I owned in the 80s. My father painted it.....

(*I hope that a certain member here will remember giving this to me!).
You do surprise me I would have expected your study to be full of Le Mans stuff, I think you should put at least a full sized framed poster down on your christmas list. Perhaps one with a nice jag from the group C era.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2622242)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I do have quite a large framed aerial photo of the start of the 1998 Le Mans race. I bought it at the circuit that year and had it framed ready to go on the wall of my office when I was promoted as I had been promised..... The fact that it's still in my study tells the story.....
Old 31 Jan 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2622959)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
If they were genuine, and I could pick them up for a few quid, I'd happily have them on my study wall......
If they were original , I might be persuaded to part with a ton ..... but a grand , no chance in hell .

But on saying that , a grand is pitence to some too , if your bank account is bursting at the seams !!!

Anyway Ayse , you got a nice memory there ..... promotion isnt always a nice thing either .
Old 1 Feb 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2623789)   #22
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But the big question is why, what the hell are you going to do with them, not exactly the sort of things you put up in the living room and investing large sums of money for them and then putting them on the garage wall? I would prefer some decent posters.
It could be the first piece in that life size re-creation of La Sarthe that I am planning - starting in Kent...
Old 11 Feb 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2631757)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The Ebay seller is at it again....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Le-Man...item3ca979da2e

Either he has useful connections or he's just getting the things made up. Either way - this one's up for a mere fraction of the other one - just £980 this time!

Oh, looking further, he's been out and about at Mulsanne too.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-French...item3ca979dcb8

£850. Must be Mulsanne discount week.....

And it goes on..... Arnage

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Arnage...item3ca979d85d

£850.

But he does have a lot of automobilia which looks as thought it would surely have to be genuine?
Old 12 Feb 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2632006)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I know some people collect strange things but french road signs, that must put them up there with stamp collectors
Old 16 Feb 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2634330)   #25
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
When I lived in Rugby, the local council had special rugby ball shaped signs put up... The visiting Kiwis, Oz, etc had them away pretty damn quick!