Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Jul 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3430530)   #26
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
Don't really believe that manufacturers are going to be involved, more likly to see customers building their own cars. No incentive for manufacturers to participate here, at least for now
If they have to develop bespoke cars, then you're right. If it is to be a "Cup-of-Cups" kind of thing, they'd probably have to at least give their approval to these cars being used outside their native one make series.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3432212)   #27
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Duarte and Antonio Felix da Costa have something to comment on the Portuguese language this new TC3 series http://www.sportmotores.com/portal/!...20055&id=39868
Old 15 Jul 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3434192)   #28
LeonidasBL
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
LeonidasBL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More news on TC3

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...on-tc3-series/
Old 15 Jul 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3434211)   #29
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonidasBL View Post
That's it?
Pffft.
Old 15 Jul 2014, 23:12 (Ref:3434270)   #30
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not? It doesn't sound half bad.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 01:55 (Ref:3434306)   #31
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't sound too bad. Some interesting aspects though: Limited to only 24 cars? Why? This type of production car racing could facilitate fields of 40 easily, and that would be fantastic to watch.

I'm looking forward to it. I think it has the potential to be interesting, if not particularly exciting. But as an entry level touring car class for global consumption, it ticks the boxes. It can be picked up in any market where these cars are sold.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3434343)   #32
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonidasBL View Post
sounds interesting. i would love to see a championship with those cars (civic type r must be a mistake). But stephan ratel should tell this lotti guy about how stupid is to limit the number of teams and cars.

Anyway. It cant be worse than wtcc.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3434367)   #33
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
It doesn't sound too bad. Some interesting aspects though: Limited to only 24 cars? Why? This type of production car racing could facilitate fields of 40 easily, and that would be fantastic to watch.

I'm looking forward to it. I think it has the potential to be interesting, if not particularly exciting. But as an entry level touring car class for global consumption, it ticks the boxes. It can be picked up in any market where these cars are sold.
A reason for the cap on entry numbers could be that they plan on (partially) funding travel expenses for the International Series.

Quote:
But stephan ratel should tell this lotti guy about how stupid is to limit the number of teams and cars.
Limiting teams and cars wasn't Ratel's problem: Limiting how many cars of one particular make can compete in the series was. And I don't think there has been an indication that they'd want to do that.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3434368)   #34
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I don't understand if it will be w championship for indipendent drivers and team of it will be for official manufacture.

moreover lotto understood one really important thing which is to make a championship with car belonging to the same kind of segment exactly as it was in the golden era of super touring series.

anyway I don't agree too about the limit to the number of cars but maybe this can be a way to be sure to get the 8 most serious team that will participate to all rounds.

I'm really curious and impatient to know more details about category, cars, drivers and track hoping that at least tc3 will race in monza
Old 16 Jul 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3434529)   #35
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe a limit of 24 cars is because they run alongside Formula 1 at selected events.
I guess all European races will be part of the calendar, then Monza should be here.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 20:07 (Ref:3434636)   #36
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn´t think that they will drive all European F1 Events, because Lotti says, they will have 10 Races at 3 Continents and a pair races a driven with the Asien Series.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3434650)   #37
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
sounds interesting. i would love to see a championship with those cars (civic type r must be a mistake).
The new Civic Type R is 2litre turbo, so will be able to compete (assuming it is released in time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Anyway. It cant be worse than wtcc.
Kind of what I thought - At least manufacturers can't just throw money at it to win - but will this be a detriment to the series?
Old 18 Jul 2014, 04:57 (Ref:3435039)   #38
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Lotti will need manufacturers to homologate cars. Between you me and the gatepost...the clock is ticking.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3439646)   #39
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Former WTCC driver Pepe Oriola has said he hopes to compete in the new TC3 International Series which is set to launch next year.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3439748)   #40
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Perhaps Pepe wants a seat for free in TC3. But mediocre drivers don't get freebies, Pepe.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3441901)   #41
Speed-King
Veteran

Not quite about TC3, but I don't want to start yet another thread about a potential new ruleset:

Anybody know what this is all about?

My Danish isn't particularily good and neither is Google's, so it's hard to get more than just the gist from that story, but apparently the FIA and the National Danish Autosport Federation are planning on introducing a new national top class called "Superturismo", something that the current DTC-teams are obviously oppossed to.

Would any of our Scandinavian members have any more info on that proposed new class?
Old 12 Aug 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3443740)   #42
Speed-King
Veteran

Well, it took some digging, but I found out some things about the proposed new Danish Super Turismo series.

It couldn't be further from TC3 or actual touring cars if they tried to. The plan is to start a series for "Mitjet" 7:8 silhouette cars. Such a series already exists in France and is quite successful there as a support to French GT3. In Denmark, however, the plan seems to be to make it the national top series, which - quite frankly - is more than a bit embarassing.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3444562)   #43
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Meanwhile the organisation behind the recently announced TC3 International Series has confirmed plans to go ahead with an Asian sister series next year: the TC3 Asia Series: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...tion-announced

And an interesting related post: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=168
Old 6 Sep 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3450716)   #44
kurski
Veteran

Finland
Portuguese company FullEventos has announced plans to run a national championship based on the new TC3 formula for 2015, with a calendar to be announced later this month comprising of six events.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3450745)   #45
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Portuguese company FullEventos has announced plans to run a national championship based on the new TC3 formula for 2015, with a calendar to be announced later this month comprising of six events.
To be honest, I prefer the bottom-up approach, instead of the top-down approach, where international series are founded before regional/national series. So in my opinion, Marcelo Lotti should have reached out to countries like Portugal, Turkey, France, BeNeLux and so on first and then established an european and then an international series.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3450753)   #46
Speed-King
Veteran

I think it's easier to establish a new category when you have a showcase series that proves to other promoters that the concept works. Doesn't really matter if it is a national or international series.

I am kind of surprised to see Portugal (of all places) picking up on TC3 that early but I guess with the Iberian GT scene in shambles now might be a goid time to capitalize on that.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3450760)   #47
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Portugal has nothing on Touring Cars so it's not like they take a huge risk. But even so it's surprising that we know nothing about the series/cars and yet there are adopters. I am wondering what they know that we don't
Old 6 Sep 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3450769)   #48
Speed-King
Veteran

Maybe Lotti needs to get a certain number of national series on board in order to convince manufacturers that there is a market for TC3s?
Old 6 Sep 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3450843)   #49
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More likely that Lotti has found a promoter in Portugal willing to take on the challenge. Expect to see SEAT cars competing, especially with the likely similarity between the new León cup cars and TC3.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3451534)   #50
Speed-King
Veteran

Right, but the more national series Lotti can win to adopt TC3, the easier it becomes for him to convince manufacturers that the market for TC3 cars is big enough to justify setting up a customer program.

Either way, with less than one week until the big announcement, what do you guys think will be revealed on that occasion?
  • Schedule?
  • List of eligible cars?
  • Technical regulations?
  • Teams and drivers?
  • Additional countries adopting TC3?
  • Anything else?

Last edited by Speed-King; 9 Sep 2014 at 14:41.