Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 May 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3645074)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I have never heard that was done, even in the early days. I think now the logistics would make it insurmountable, not just the track, but the traffic flow going to the Speedway and all associated with that. That event can not be easy, plus the egress aspect after the race has to staged but fluid, as the time can vary. It all sounds daunting to coordinate in the electronic age, must have been mind numbing in the analog age, and prior to that-I think they were using stone tablets?

Anyway...so I don't really follow this series anymore, I didn't even see the race last year, for probably the first time in 50 years or radio and then tv. Who is favored? Who should I hope for in my love of underdogs (almost seems wrong to think of the pole sitting team/driver in that role, but I can do that, it is a captivating story)?

Certainly Montoya has to be on a favored list, given his talent and his team. But who else?
I've heard it for other sports, but certainly doesn't bode well logistically for this event to move it up.

I wouldn't mind seeing John Paul becoming a 3 time and back to back winner. I haven't seen enough times to know who's been consistently quick this month, but is like an American to win and if not, would be neat to Simon Pagenaud or the Mayor win.

And as for the Americans, been pulling for JR in this race since his painful 2nd in 2011.
Old 28 May 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3645154)   #52
tweeteretc
Rookie

tweeteretc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very excited for the race...so much so that I decided to make a little "Delta Force" video for fun. Hope it's alright if I share it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEogW2V39DI

Anyway, hard to pick a favorite for tomorrow. I figure Hunter-Reay and MuƱoz have good chances for Honda. Hinchcliffe and Schmidt would be a great story, but a 500-mile race is such a hard thing to win, and you're always going to trust bigger teams in them. Hard to count out Dixon, Montoya, and Castroneves. Pagenaud's been on fire this year, too.

I will say I'll be watching row four closely. ServiĆ*, Rossi, and Sato all have a good shot to finish much better than where they start. Maybe not face-on-the-trophy better, but I think they'll be factors.

And if there's one I'm cheering for, well, it's Stefan Wilson. I'm not sure what a realistic good day is for the team, so I just hope they exceed whatever expectations they have.

Going to be a great one, I suspect.
Old 28 May 2016, 21:36 (Ref:3645259)   #53
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's a few pictures from the downtown parade at the end of this album

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126204...57668609170502
Old 28 May 2016, 21:49 (Ref:3645271)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post

What was Thomas the Tank Engine doing there?
Old 28 May 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3645280)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post

Neat. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What was Thomas the Tank Engine doing there?
He's everywhere!
Old 28 May 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3645286)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

He's everywhere!
I hope he does a lap of the track tomorrow.
Old 28 May 2016, 22:29 (Ref:3645293)   #57
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the pics Bud
Old 29 May 2016, 02:34 (Ref:3645345)   #58
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Thanks for the pics Bud
I'm glad you guys enjoyed.

So, it's the race day tomorrow. Just in case, I took my 2015 Honda Indy Toronto gear with me. Though I wish those won't be needed.

Fingers crossed, 90F please. Just like on Friday.
Old 29 May 2016, 15:43 (Ref:3645534)   #59
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I guess this is it.

Fingers crossed...

...Montoya!
Old 29 May 2016, 16:07 (Ref:3645544)   #60
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Spine tinglin' listenin' to Mears, Foyt and Unser.

I'd like to see Bell win.

The weather looks ok. Fingers crossed.
Old 29 May 2016, 16:11 (Ref:3645547)   #61
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Come on Pagenaud!

After the excellent end to the N24 I'm ready for the 100th.
Old 29 May 2016, 16:25 (Ref:3645550)   #62
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully no accident on the first lap.
Old 29 May 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3645555)   #63
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great start!

My picks I would like to see win in order:

1 - Hinch - From crash last year to winner . Great Story.

2- Helio - Need a new 4 time winner.

3- Marco - That name needs to be in a Indy victory lane.

4- Graham - Just a fan. Cool drag racing wife.

5- Simon- Fan of his since his LMP1 days.
Old 29 May 2016, 16:46 (Ref:3645556)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Come on Pagenaud!

After the excellent end to the N24 I'm ready for the 100th.
After the near perfect N24 coverage, I'm struggling with this awful commentary and advert breaks. :-/
Old 29 May 2016, 16:53 (Ref:3645559)   #65
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
After the near perfect N24 coverage, I'm struggling with this awful commentary and advert breaks. :-/
Consider it part of the charm, that's the best advice I can give you!

For one race a year it should be bearable.
Old 29 May 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3645560)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Consider it part of the charm, that's the best advice I can give you!

For one race a year it should be bearable.
I am enjoying some of the ads to be fair. We don't have adverts here that make me feel patriotic. And suddenly I feel like I should buy bladder medication, despite my bladder being fine.

I'll live with it since I don't tend to watch IndyCar outside the 500. I didn't realise how ugly the aero kits are though.
Old 29 May 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3645561)   #67
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The only adverts on BT Sport is during the yellow.

It's a very clean race so far. It's only when the yellow flies we start seeing trouble.
Old 29 May 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3645563)   #68
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Oh my, we have already had 2 ad breaks before we reached 10% of the race distance.

And I've already lost count now ...
Old 29 May 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3645565)   #69
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Opps. Montoya gone.
Old 29 May 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3645566)   #70
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Well there's the wreck, driver is out and okay thankfully.

I hope nobody here picked Montoya...
Old 29 May 2016, 17:23 (Ref:3645568)   #71
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I would have, if I'd played.
Old 29 May 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3645571)   #72
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Montoya out. Looks like Carpenter's day is over.

Pagenaud gets penalized but I don't think that was the right decision.
Old 29 May 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3645572)   #73
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
I'm not sure what the crew were supposed to do, wait for everyone going two-wide down the pit lane (so that's everybody) until they release Pagenaud?
Old 29 May 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3645574)   #74
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Karam and Bell.

You just knew a crash between those two was on the cards.
Old 29 May 2016, 17:54 (Ref:3645576)   #75
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Karum Krashes.

Castroneves on a surge. Lookin' a handy bet for the win.