Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Nov 2003, 12:23 (Ref:777772)   #1
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crompton In The 24 hour

I know this isnt hot of the press news, but i hadn't seen it posted anywhere else so I thought it deserved a thread. But great news that Neil Crompton will be re visiting his links with BMW in PHR's brand new M3 GTR. I wonder how channel 10 and AVESCO feel about this venture
Old 9 Nov 2003, 19:23 (Ref:778082)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares what AVESCO and Ch.10 think. Hope Cromley goes well at Bathurst and hopefully we'll see him in full time drive next year.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 21:32 (Ref:778196)   #3
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Who cares what AVESCO and Ch.10 think.
Umm, well since Ch 10 employs Cromley, I'm pretty sure he cares....
Old 9 Nov 2003, 21:52 (Ref:778215)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cromley will do what he did when he was a #10 employee and interviewed by #9 at places like the AGP... smile politely, talk a little, not drive the conversations like he does in a #10 interview.

I doubt he wil go into central commentary if/when the car fails however!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Nov 2003, 22:59 (Ref:778277)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Neil Crompton will be re visiting his links with BMW"

I like that. But Crompton has raced for pretty much everyone, Ford, Holden, Peugeot, Honda, Mitsi?
Old 10 Nov 2003, 01:33 (Ref:778345)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And all in a works or factory blessed program of some sort as well
Old 10 Nov 2003, 01:40 (Ref:778349)   #7
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see Crompton in a drive but i don't think we'll see him give Channel Seven too many interviews over the weekend.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 01:44 (Ref:778353)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I wonder a little about rust myself, having not sat in a car for a year...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:55 (Ref:778395)   #9
harderfaster
Rookie

harderfaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I wonder a little about rust myself, having not sat in a car for a year...
No, Greg Rust drive an Aussie legend at Winton.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:51 (Ref:778552)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In 1997, in his second year of employment at 10, he of course raced the factory Peugeot in the Bathurst 1000, and during the race talked on the in-car camera to the Channel 7 commentators.

Remember Alan Jones was an employee of Channel 9, but regularly was interviewed on channel 10 and channel 7 during races (remember his on-air banter with Doug Mulray at Bathurst in 1992 :laughs)

Good to see him having a steer this year. What does this mean for Brad Jones, a seat elsewhere (Lamborghini?), or a seat at V8Superstars in melbourne.

On Crompton returning to his BMW links, does that mean we will have the sequel to the Crompton & Brock pit-to-car show from '88

Last edited by racer69; 10 Nov 2003 at 08:52.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:15 (Ref:778577)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Or a double DNF
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:51 (Ref:778755)   #12
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69

On Crompton returning to his BMW links, does that mean we will have the sequel to the Crompton & Brock pit-to-car show from '88
you mean:
Brock: "Come on Crommley you can get that guy through skyline...have a go!!"
Cromley: "No, sorry brock"
Brock: "Awww, what you running a rev-limiter or something?"
Cromley: "no i'm not running a limiter"
Brock: "C'mon have a go through the dipper, c'mon son you can do it, look he's way slower than you!"
Cromley: "listen broc-"
uhhh we seem to have some problems with Crompton's Radio...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 14:05 (Ref:778848)   #13
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That reminds me, I heard Neil say during NZ that Skaife had radio problems and was actually picking up the race commentary instead! I would have loved to have heard his reaction to that!

Good to see Cromley back though
Old 11 Nov 2003, 10:51 (Ref:779674)   #14
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Cromley got a good drive (one at all), but why does Maher Algadri have to drive their top car????, what if he puts it into a wall again...and he's slow. He might own some, or all of the team, but can't he race in the 2nd or 3rd car?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 11 Nov 2003, 11:23 (Ref:779700)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wizzby
That reminds me, I heard Neil say during NZ that Skaife had radio problems and was actually picking up the race commentary instead! I would have loved to have heard his reaction to that!
Similiar thing happened to Jason Plato in the Williams Renault at Bathurst in 1997. He was speaking to the commentators during the race, then when the conversation finished and 7 went to an add break, JP got to hear all of the commercials....
Old 11 Nov 2003, 22:08 (Ref:780325)   #16
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And being in rural NSW it was probally for sheep dip or Round up

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 12 Nov 2003, 00:10 (Ref:780452)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by gtr69
Good to see Cromley got a good drive (one at all), but why does Maher Algadri have to drive their top car????, what if he puts it into a wall again...and he's slow. He might own some, or all of the team, but can't he race in the 2nd or 3rd car?
Mr Algadri has put a significant amount of money on the table to get the BMW here, to get the team set up, to get the drivers on board. He is not a frontline talent, and admits as much, but has the passion, desire, and capacity to be in the race with the car he owns, and is the future of the Ademeir group in PROCAR

I doubt he will do loads of laps in the race, but will form part of the driving line up at some stage thru the race.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 04:28 (Ref:781643)   #18
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gtr69
Fitzy was the one who put the Porsche in the wall last year. ALgadri while not being blindly fast year, done exactly what is needed in a 24 hour racw, drove sensibly and brought the car back to the other drivers
Old 13 Nov 2003, 04:29 (Ref:781644)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Fitzy is back, with presumably the same vehicle, for P.Morris, J.Teulan & S.Shearman to have a shot at the 24hr
Old 13 Nov 2003, 04:32 (Ref:781647)   #20
D.R.T.
Veteran

Yeah read that on the entry list, sounds good, that is a fair line up too, should be one to watch.

TLA ARE BACK aswell, can't wait to hear the Lamborghini around the mountain
Old 13 Nov 2003, 04:39 (Ref:781652)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Make sure you are there at the start, and not the end... or you may be disappointed
Old 13 Nov 2003, 05:04 (Ref:781660)   #22
D.R.T.
Veteran

I hear what your saying, but how many people thought the Monaro would finsh the race last year.
Also according to news off the Procar forum, David Brabham is in at the BE Racing Ferrari 360 GT
Old 13 Nov 2003, 05:22 (Ref:781666)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Perhaps, but the Monaro team didnt decide to enter the race 2 weeks before....
Old 13 Nov 2003, 07:03 (Ref:781705)   #24
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Perhaps, but the Monaro team didnt decide to enter the race 2 weeks before....
Decide to enter, or announce their decision to enter..........?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 08:19 (Ref:781747)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Lambo being run will be Stokell's main championship car, with the new 6 speed sequential box aboard. The car last ran at Indy, and even if the car was prepared after Indy, it gave them a 4 week window to prepare the car for the longest race of its life.

The Monaro project was around for several months....

Last minute preparation usually spells disaster... I hope it doesnt in this case but it wouldnt surprise me