Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 Jan 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2609534)   #35
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Atle, I recognize your name. Have you raced in a support race to the STCC at any point? Or in one of SSK's series?

I'll also add that NSC will have GT3 and GT4 classes this season, too. Too late for that series, though. I will be interested to see how Leif Lindström's series pans out - he's been trying to put something togeather for some time now. His Ginetta series has already been pretty successful, especially considering they don't run togeather with STCC. I like that he's been able to create a calendar with no STCC clashes, and having the Ginettas as a support cateogory is good. I do hope he chooses the 2x1hr races, those are good value for money for a gentleman racer.

Flash Engineering's series have the right format, but I don't think they'll let it compete with their Carrera Cup series. More likely this will be a place for the CC teams to run endurance races. Which is too bad, because they'd fit right into Lindström's series.

Aiming for a Scandinavian series is hoping for a bit much, I think. From a Swedish perspective I'd rather see a focus on the home market, because there's enough potential to run a good series here. At most I'd go to Våler, but then Våler isn't a particuarly good track. Any other place is too long a journey. An international series could work, but then you're talking one level up in professionalism and overall level than I am. Norway and Sweden can run a low-level series in between them. So can Sweden and Denmark, or even Sweden and Finland. But as soon as you get three countries or more you're asking a lot from your competitors in terms of travel. Also, is there the teams in Norway to support such a series? I know only of Roger Moen's team, and Cartech (which seems like a very small team). In Sweden and Denmark there's a lot of teams (relatively speaking) who could run cars. Some in Finland, too, though not many.