Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Nov 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3471132)   #26
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomroche View Post
Thanks for the input guys and I do tend to agree but for two points.
This car was ultimately a failure, never quick enough to race so not sure how much I want to advertise this fact and secondly it was never given an original paint / design and was ugly in the mismatch of colours it tested.
The plan is to get it eligible and competitive for the St series and then either rent out drives in the car or put it for sale. Just thought it may be more desirable looking similar to a well known car.
If it were me, I'd paint it white with a Blendini logo on it! If it's known to have been a failure originally, but you can make it work, then how good an advert is that for your team?
Old 3 Nov 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3471154)   #27
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being 20secs off the pace at Croft (1m22 lap in the races in '99) would suggest that the car was suffering mechincal/teething problems rather than inherent lack of pace.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3471173)   #28
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomroche View Post
This car was ultimately a failure, never quick enough to race so not sure how much I want to advertise this fact and secondly it was never given an original paint / design and was ugly in the mismatch of colours it tested.
The plan is to get it eligible and competitive for the St series and then either rent out drives in the car or put it for sale. Just thought it may be more desirable looking similar to a well known car.
HSCC regs do say that the car should be in original livery, although admittedly that isn't enforced.

The ex-Slim Borgudd Mazda has a similar problem. It never raced in period and was never anything more than plain orange. That now runs with black stripes and a few extra sponsors in white text over the orange base. The few pictures that people will have seen of your car testing in period will be in what looks like an all-over silver/grey, which looks fine.

In my experience people aren't going to buy this sort of car just because it has a specific livery - they want a Prodrive Rapid-Fit car because it is a Prodrive Rapid-Fit car, not because it looks like one. If/when you come to sell it you are going to have to explain to people what it is anyhow. Surely better to be up front about it than let people think you are trying to pass off a fake Prodrive car.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3471177)   #29
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
In my experience people aren't going to buy this sort of car just because it has a specific livery - they want a Prodrive Rapid-Fit car because it is a Prodrive Rapid-Fit car, not because it looks like one. If/when you come to sell it you are going to have to explain to people what it is anyhow. Surely better to be up front about it than let people think you are trying to pass off a fake Prodrive car.
That's a very good point, people are buying these cars because of what they are, not what they look like. On that basis you're probably better off making it clear that this is very much not a Prodrive Mondeo but a one off. Ok it doesn't have the race winning pedigree and history of the works cars but it is certainly still an interesting piece of machinery in its own right (much like the Mazda mentioned above).
Old 3 Nov 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3471202)   #30
tomroche
Rookie

tomroche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys. Like the idea of Blendini livery, not wanting to make it look like something it's not just thought making it look like a recognised car from the year made sense. Does anyone know the answer to my question above - how good was Gareth Howells?? Would be very interesting to find out if he was on the pace in other formulas.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3471245)   #31
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why not a nice vibrant Ford blue with your own twist on it? I remember Gareth Howell doing group N in a Sapphire Cosworth in 91, but i don't recall him setting the world on fire against Matt Neal and Dave Pinkney.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3471348)   #32
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd go with the majority silver/grey colour, but work in some of that lovely Imperial Blue the ST's wore. Make it your own! And hell, why not add a little splash of the Blendini green on the mirrors or windscreen strip? :-P
Old 3 Nov 2014, 22:03 (Ref:3471355)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Gareth Howell did win a race in 91 in group N after Pinkney and Neal raced each other a little too hard
Old 2 Apr 2015, 02:39 (Ref:3522924)   #34
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Put it back to this...