Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Apr 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3527769)   #1
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington Park, Rounds 4, 5, 6

Someone has to start the thread!

I would attempt to predict the results in some way based on form, but I really can't. There are surely about 12 drivers who have a realistic shot of winning a race this weekend.

However, I can pose big questions, such as:

How much will the success ballast impact qualifying now?
Will Árón Smith continue his beating of his teammates (however he did it, or rather, the others didn't!!!)?
Will AJ find a reasonable car setup?
Will Matt Neal continue his "resurgence"?
Can Priaulx get a win?
Will the soft tyres have such a major affect as at Brands?
If AJ and Plato have no ballast, does this guarantee them a front row start?

And, very importantly:

Will it rain?
Old 15 Apr 2015, 20:52 (Ref:3527776)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No rain expected.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3527787)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
No rain expected.
Well it can't stay like this forever can it?!
Old 16 Apr 2015, 09:59 (Ref:3527888)   #4
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport reports that the second Infiniti will be out, as will Dan Welch, so the grid should be complete this weekend.

According to the BBC, at the moment "light rain" is expected on Sunday morning into lunchtime....
Old 16 Apr 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3527915)   #5
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it doesn't rain. BTCC is better in the dry.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3527928)   #6
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I hope it doesn't rain. BTCC is better in the dry.
Does anyone know what the tyre situation is if it rains? Of course the cars will switch from drys to wets, but how does this affect the hard/soft tyre situation?
Old 16 Apr 2015, 15:26 (Ref:3527965)   #7
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much will the success ballast impact qualifying now?
Hopefully it won't effect it too much. Last thing I want to see is "Do well in a weekend be an also-ran in the next weekend"
Will Árón Smith continue his beating of his teammates (however he
did it, or rather, the others didn't!!!)?
Hopefully he does Don't forget he's got more seat time in the car than the others
Will AJ find a reasonable car setup?
I've a feeling it won't happen this weekend but maybe in the next I hope we don't have to wait for the mid season break for it to happen
Will Matt Neal continue his "resurgence"?
It would b to see alright.
Can Priaulx get a win?
I think he will. I seen something with him on that Mobil 1 grid program the other night I didn't know he was involved in driver training looked very interesting.
Will the soft tyres have such a major affect as at Brands?
I don't. think they will people will have learnt from the season opener hopefully.
If AJ and Plato have no ballast, does this guarantee them a front
row start?
AJ I don't know as I said earlier I think he won' t be fully up to speed this weekend. Potato I say will be. He has a habit of being at the pointy end regardless of the situation
Old 16 Apr 2015, 16:54 (Ref:3527991)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
No rain expected.
No rain was expected here today, but I've just got wet cycling home!
Old 16 Apr 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3527994)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan View Post
Does anyone know what the tyre situation is if it rains? Of course the cars will switch from drys to wets, but how does this affect the hard/soft tyre situation?
If it's wet the soft tyres carry over to the next race, at that meeting. So if you elect to run softs in race 1 and it's wet then you have to run them in race 2, unless race 2 is also wet in which case they carry over to race 3. If race 3 is wet the softs don't carry over to the next meeting.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 20:23 (Ref:3528058)   #10
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and just a reminder we now have a new rule for the rest of this championship, we will have a random person do the draw so the grid random for race 3.
Old 16 Apr 2015, 20:25 (Ref:3528060)   #11
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
No rain was expected here today, but I've just got wet cycling home!
Me too, just going on what the forecasts are saying really, we all know this country is dodgy weatherwise!
Old 18 Apr 2015, 15:15 (Ref:3528510)   #12
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what excuses does Plato now have ? has Turks Passat RWD advantage ?

if Turks beats Plato this season it will be forever proven that he is simply a better driver than Plato , most of us already know it

and Shedden rocks too , just wait until that Civic hits the more tight and twisty tracks, it may be unstoppable

also impressed with COOK putting the Power Maxxed Chevy that up front

WSR is a real dissapointment this session, Collarad 19th, Priaulx 23rd

Last edited by porsche962fan; 18 Apr 2015 at 15:25.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3528518)   #13
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Link to qualifying results for anyone who blinked while watching the ITV stream...

https://twitter.com/DunlopBTCC/statu...959809/photo/1

Interesting top ten. More problems for Welch, but at least one of the Protons is higher than last place.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3528534)   #14
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
BmW struggling alot with straight line speed, only thing that will save them is tyre wear.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 17:07 (Ref:3528545)   #15
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so what excuses does Plato now have ? has Turks Passat RWD advantage ?

if Turks beats Plato this season it will be forever proven that he is simply a better driver than Plato , most of us already know it
I'm getting the feeling you don't like the most winningest driver in BTCC history....

Looking forward to tomorrow, a proper touring car track.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3528546)   #16
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm getting the feeling you don't like the most winningest driver in BTCC history....
and the WHINIEST too in BTCC history

BTW the most wins is utter rubish PR crap, Plato has 30 races per year

the likes of Andy Rouse had say ONLY 9 races per year, say like in 1986
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Br...ionship_season

so how exactly can you call this fair measuring ?? Andy Rouse would had to drive 3 seasons just to achieve the same number Plato can in single season !!
Old 18 Apr 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3528553)   #17
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
and the WHINIEST too in BTCC history

BTW the most wins is utter rubish PR crap, Plato has 30 races per year

the likes of Andy Rouse had say ONLY 9 races per year, say like in 1986
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Br...ionship_season

so how exactly can you call this fair measuring ?? Andy Rouse would had to drive 3 seasons just to achieve the same number Plato can in single season !!
You beat me to it sir on both counts!
Old 18 Apr 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3528571)   #18
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm being a bit facetious Viva
Old 18 Apr 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3528579)   #19
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But remember Rouse was against almost no competition. Also bear in mind, whilst there are 30 races a season, actually winning more than 20 of them is extremely difficult due to the reverse grids, and this year even winning more than one a meeting is looking tough due to the increased success ballast.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3528583)   #20
porsche962fan
Veteran

then what about the guys before 80s ? like Jack Sears, Frank Gardner and Co
Old 18 Apr 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3528588)   #21
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
But remember Rouse was against almost no competition. Also bear in mind, whilst there are 30 races a season, actually winning more than 20 of them is extremely difficult due to the reverse grids, and this year even winning more than one a meeting is looking tough due to the increased success ballast.
The difference is that back then it was an engineering driven competition, whereas today car development is supposed to be not a factor anymore.
Old 18 Apr 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3528603)   #22
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about staying on topic?
Old 18 Apr 2015, 22:24 (Ref:3528610)   #23
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's people's opinions on the goff abbott coming together? Most of what I've read about it is a tad biased (Rob Austin's FB page)
Old 18 Apr 2015, 22:52 (Ref:3528617)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So everyone expects Plato with zero ballast to be on pole, then Colin in the same car but with more ballast puts him in his place. That said ballast maybe did have a bit of an effect as Jordan was up there despite driving a s***box and the two Chevys and Moffat in the top 10. Disaster for WSR, Tordoff's top 10 being the only consolation, although Priaulx missing half the session doesn't help. Should make for great racing tomorrow.

Finally is anyone else getting annoyed with the bufferting on the ITV website while trying to watch quali?
Old 18 Apr 2015, 23:12 (Ref:3528624)   #25
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by slummingangel View Post
What's people's opinions on the goff abbott coming together? Most of what I've read about it is a tad biased (Rob Austin's FB page)
Hard to say, all ive read is that Abbott was on an inlap and was crawling through the chicane and Goff didnt slow down and just ran into the back of him.