Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jun 2018, 17:09 (Ref:3833345)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Am I right in thinking this thread is all about competitors, as I have had no ticket issues going as a punter. Everything seems fine!
The thread is about anything related to the event, whatever your interest.

Enjoy and hope the weather gods smile on you!
Old 27 Jun 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3833350)   #52
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone post a link to the full final entry lists please, really looking forward to this now, have resolved a clutch issue, replaced the gearbox with a recon one and had the rebuilt engine set up on a rolling road all in the last week. Car just needs a polish now for the drive down
Old 27 Jun 2018, 17:49 (Ref:3833352)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yeaaaa. They have come. Getting excited,
Old 27 Jun 2018, 18:19 (Ref:3833354)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Can anyone post a link to the full final entry lists please,
Think this is the latest edition....

http://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-cont...-lmc-entry.pdf

Starting to regret having decided not to attend. Oh well
Old 27 Jun 2018, 18:36 (Ref:3833357)   #55
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Starting to regret having decided not to attend. Oh well
Snap!
Old 27 Jun 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3833358)   #56
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for that...........Martin
Old 28 Jun 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3833432)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yeaaaa. They have come. Getting excited,
Just take care, you are needed at Silverstone later in the month!
Old 28 Jun 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3833490)   #58
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a 2 person apartment booked from Thurs 5th to Sunday 8th in Dissay sous Courcillon which is no longer needed.PM me if interested Thanks Richard
Old 28 Jun 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3833492)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Ah, now not feeling quite so disappointed about missing the event, as I read that Jensen is no longer taking part in the GpC race....
Old 28 Jun 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3833498)   #60
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost worth the trip just see this lot
http://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-cont...-gel-entry.pdf
Pity they're only demonstrating
Old 28 Jun 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3833502)   #61
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ah, now not feeling quite so disappointed about missing the event, as I read that Jensen is no longer taking part in the GpC race....
Your welcome to come with team Delta. I’m not loosing any sleep about Button not driving . I am however loosing sleep as to when I’m going to have to start braking to get the Monster round the chicanes . We took her up the road last week and I very nearly wrote the car off . I jest not . Very much looking forward to getting back in the Rover Peter .
Old 29 Jun 2018, 05:32 (Ref:3833533)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Almost worth the trip just see this lot
http://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-cont...-gel-entry.pdf
Pity they're only demonstrating
The two Corvette ZO6 cars (amongst others) were at the Dijon Peter Auto event recently (Global Endurance Legends being their potential "next big thing") so I was anticipating a lot of loud American V8 noise.... but they were so quiet I didn't even know they were on track!
Old 29 Jun 2018, 07:28 (Ref:3833553)   #63
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Your welcome to come with team Delta. I’m not loosing any sleep about Button not driving . I am however loosing sleep as to when I’m going to have to start braking to get the Monster round the chicanes . We took her up the road last week and I very nearly wrote the car off . I jest not . Very much looking forward to getting back in the Rover Peter .
An anchor might be more apppropriate to help you slow down...
Attached Thumbnails
Monstre.jpg  
Old 29 Jun 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3833555)   #64
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
An anchor might be more apppropriate to help you slow down...

Nice pic, thanks Alan. Its what we use to call a "tank" because of the body shape. No chicanes in the old days and probably the most dangerous curve was the Dunlop one.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3833569)   #65
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
His place has been replaced by a XJR-14 so not that bad.Hopefully the recent weather stays for the event
Old 29 Jun 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3833599)   #66
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More on the Caddy for those who are interested.

https://revsinstitute.org/the-collec...es-61-le-mans/

As reported in the link the Coupé was almost stock.

Remarkable if so even for those days.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 13:33 (Ref:3833602)   #67
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I am however loosing sleep as to when I’m going to have to start braking to get the Monster round the chicanes .

Well, you worked out braking distances on the Mulsanne driving the big truck, Iain, so probably about the same. No chicanes during that run of course ...

At least you have the option to go straight on and stay on tarmac.

Take a shovel (see the previous link.) for the other sections.

Old 29 Jun 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3833610)   #68
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes the owner of le Monster has told me the shovel story. I forgot we have been down there in the Delta truck. happy days.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3833629)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes the owner of le Monster has told me the shovel story. I forgot we have been down there in the Delta truck. happy days.
The name is French- ‘Le Monstre’, not ‘monster’.....
Old 29 Jun 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3833638)   #70
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if we had too another Le Monstre, based on a Deutsch Bonnet HBR4, in '59 may be. Putting the two cars side by side could give you an indication of what is an american monster and a french one. Not really the same size!
The DB coach was heavily top chopped, more than the HBR Super Rallye will be later. The Monster nickname probably was referring to the strange look more than the size.

A shovel could have save many cars stucked in the sand of Tertre Rouge or Arnage from early retiring.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3833642)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, I am sure the Cunningham / Cadillac was so nicknamed due to it’s size.......

From memory the DBs were usually ‘petite’?
Old 29 Jun 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3833648)   #72
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quite right, Mike, two seaters only. I guess they have got a bad reputation in England, from the time those french cars had to compete against the fantastic Lotus'es. But honestly, apart from "indice de performance", what could be expected with a weak Panhard engine?
I use to drive a HBR Super Rallye, but with a 900 cc inside running on two carbs, double ignition and 3 stages oil pump. It works fine, cornering is good but in no way comparable to Hethel's machines.
The biggest mod' I saw was a Panhard fitted with two Norton Manx heads. Probably only 3 engines were ever made, all of them couldn't prevent the crank to go out from its case with no advice…
Old 29 Jun 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3833692)   #73
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

This small but rather monstrous looking thing seems to have a front panel that is quite similar to the Monstre concept in a small way.

Panhard made some of the most interesting and stylish cars of their times. Every now and again, for a few years, they seemed to become highly individualistic and unmistakably Panhard even when the general appearance of their cars was following the trend of the times.
Attached Thumbnails
1024px_HFJF_Angouleme_Saturday_IMG_0342.jpg  
Old 29 Jun 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3833694)   #74
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
The name is French- ‘Le Monstre’, not ‘monster’.....
I know I know it’s like quassons . 😀
Old 30 Jun 2018, 05:13 (Ref:3833714)   #75
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I know I know it’s like quassons . 😀
I was only thinking that as you're driving the beast you could at least spell it's name right.....