Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Jun 2003, 17:28 (Ref:634564)   #1
anna_blakemore
Racer

anna_blakemore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone MGCC 21/22 June

Anyone there for this meeting?
Am hoping to get there on Friday afternoon will anyone else have got there by then or is it a bit early
Anna
Old 17 Jun 2003, 20:07 (Ref:634818)   #2
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there on saturday morning.

There will be people there on friday as far as i know so u shouldn't be on your own.

Hope to see you there!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 05:49 (Ref:635164)   #3
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should be getting there early on Friday morning. So ill see you all there.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 06:01 (Ref:635170)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy,

I generally attend racing or not. Sadly this year I'm overseas.

hope the weather stays fine.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 06:41 (Ref:635186)   #5
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there Sat and Sun - trying to decide whether to wear orange or me bobs. Tricky.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 10:17 (Ref:635354)   #6
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wear your BOB's!

Hoping that my new BOB overalls will be ready this weekend...just hope that its dry cos I don't fancy being dumped in wet gravel!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 14:09 (Ref:635555)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am racing on the Saturday and having raced on the Int circuit in a downpour the other day it holds no fear for me!!!!!! however I hope its dry and sunny as that is a lot nicer in an opentop car!!
Old 19 Jun 2003, 09:18 (Ref:636376)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by bacon sandwich
Will be there Sat and Sun - trying to decide whether to wear orange or me bobs. Tricky.

Bobs!!!!! Well I never!
Old 19 Jun 2003, 13:22 (Ref:636607)   #9
Mike Holmes
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Mike Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm there two, yellow midget No 34 Anglia Total Butler. Race 3 Saturday, Race 10 Sunday.
Come and say hello.

Mike
Old 19 Jun 2003, 13:41 (Ref:636618)   #10
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike will be over to see Bridget and you on Saturday morning after all our travels Friday.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 15:20 (Ref:636705)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome aboard Andrew.

Hope its a great weekend. Makes me homesick reading about it.

(Its usually about this time of year when I think about selling the Capri and buying an FIA MGB). Firtunately it passes by Spa.

Say hello to Barry Sideways for me.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 17:01 (Ref:636806)   #12
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Hope our have a good race mike...hopefully i will not be meeting you in a gravel trap somewhere!
Old 20 Jun 2003, 08:21 (Ref:637337)   #13
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stephen, what are you on about...Bacon Sandwich looks good in either black or orange though I bet she gets a bit warmer in those black things!
Old 20 Jun 2003, 08:34 (Ref:637346)   #14
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
just looked at the weather forecast and its fair no rain for tomorrow max temp 71 -
which probably means it will be bucketing down!!
I am racing tomorrow in the BRDC round and looking fwd to it. Peter I know what you mean I too will fight the urge to get an FIA MGB but they do have a charm about them!
Old 20 Jun 2003, 09:35 (Ref:637386)   #15
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Sunday at the Stowe circuit (anybody know where the hell you're supposed to park for that?).
Old 20 Jun 2003, 11:31 (Ref:637494)   #16
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
U drive round the service road and go over the bridge that goes over hanger straight. There is a car park once you get over there.

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 20 Jun 2003, 11:53 (Ref:637515)   #17
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Great. As long as I don't need to walk from the SRC!
Old 20 Jun 2003, 13:18 (Ref:637593)   #18
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring a flask and slum it for once like the rest of us plebs
Old 20 Jun 2003, 13:46 (Ref:637628)   #19
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Bah!!! Don't be cheeky to me dear Maisie or I'll post some pictures of you for everybody to see) (Look everybody: I'm blackmailing a Moderator )

Seriously, I'm not keen on leaving my car by the SRC given that somebody else we know had theirs broken into outside that building the other day at the test session (you know who I mean). Besides, I think I'll be staggering around with armfuls of photographs.

AND I want the chance to give Peril the opportunity to do a lap of Silverstone - albeit on the service road rather than the track (unless, of course, he has other ideas - after all, it IS an MG meeting).
Old 20 Jun 2003, 14:21 (Ref:637668)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
If you are a member of the MG Car Club you can get on track for (I think) about a tenner for three laps. Go to the register car parks in the middle of the International circuit and sign up.

You'll need to be there early though.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 21:21 (Ref:639462)   #21
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great weekend. Ive never seen so many MG.
OH and chezza did they manage to get a black hat HAHA
Old 23 Jun 2003, 10:32 (Ref:639932)   #22
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Some of those MG's were lovely...nearly bought one, but didn't have the ready cash unfortunately!

Yes a couple of them managed to blag a black hat and also they managed to get a couple of the black MG X-power (staff) t-shirts cheap!
Old 23 Jun 2003, 20:51 (Ref:640717)   #23
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

It was a great day wasn't it? I didn't go for the MG's originally but my plans changed when I got there. I have an MG and I really enjoyed it.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 21:33 (Ref:640761)   #24
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I'll never wear BOBS or Orange - not me I'm a rally marshal don't you know - none of this gravel trap mularkey here - proper marshalling takes place in the woods! (hiding from the now expected stream of abuse)
Old 23 Jun 2003, 22:05 (Ref:640804)   #25
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
The MG's were great!! I've not been to a club meeting like that was that big before...looking at the cars for sale was the highlight, it was so hard not to part with some cash!

Never say never...i'll get u in BOB's or Orange at some point...although your race overalls would suffice!!!