Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Oct 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2969519)   #1
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exciting GRC Developments

In exciting news today, the GRC announced that the Wasserman Group will be promoting GRC in the US next year before going global with X Games in 2013.

Pastrana is quoted as planning to compete in 2012 and another new manufacture is coming into the SuperCar class. Rumor of another but cannot confirm that.

Also, highly like that Block will now compete as he is managed by Wasserman group.

First event in early April and a great TV package has been pulled together by ESPN.

Mark
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2969735)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds promising! Can you confirm the definate new manufacturer?

This is not meant as a dig, but will the GRC website be a bit more on the ball for the 2012 season, as it seemed a bit sluggish in 2011?

I saw Block making comments in a recent interview that a full rallycross season might be easier for him to fit in than his current obligations.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 08:16 (Ref:2969742)   #3
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
In exciting news today, the GRC announced that the Wasserman Group will be promoting GRC in the US next year before going global with X Games in 2013.

Mark
Is Global Rallycross planning to go global with their idea of what Rallycross should be or just with the crowd puller X Games?
Old 12 Oct 2011, 11:21 (Ref:2969841)   #4
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, GRC rallycross goes global in 2013. ESPN currently are bidding for six global cities to host a summer X Games outside of the US. At the same time ESPN announced that rallycross would be part of these events. So yes, GRC truly goes "global" in 2013.

I can't speak to the website but if that is now under the control of WMG then yes, I would expect a significant step forward.

And finally yes, there is a new manufacturer.

Mark
Old 12 Oct 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2969871)   #5
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guessing either it's Citroen, Mini, Volvo, Honda or Chevrolet.

I would say Citroen as when the series finally goes global I'm guessing quite a few of the countries the GRC would go to would be areas they sell their cars, and looking at how Liam Doran and KSM did at the X-games this year in the C4 I think it could work. Plus it would be a great way of promoting the DS3. (Maybe in 2013 when things get truly global?)

Mini seeing as they already have a WRC car, I think seeing as the GRC has a young viewing base, and Mini's are advertised for younger people, I would say it would be a good fit. I think wouldn't take too long to convert a Mini to supercar regulations.

Volvo as the US is one of their main markets and they already have cars built to supercar regulations.

Honda because the new Civic is comming out and as rallycross features cars of a similar size I think they would want to beat their rivals.

And I'm also guessing Chevrolet as well for the same reasons as Honda.

Or I could be completely wrong and it's a manufacturer that has never done rallycross before.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2971374)   #6
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Is Global Rallycross planning to go global with their idea of what Rallycross should be or just with the crowd puller X Games?
Is’nt that the same??
</SPAN>
Old 15 Oct 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2971450)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It may run under the same label, but does it look the same to you?
Old 16 Oct 2011, 19:24 (Ref:2972076)   #8
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if GRC would work as a stadium sport, in a similar way to the Race of Champions. I'm sure you could fit a tight rallycross track in one.

Or we could have a jump added to lydden hill?
Old 24 Oct 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2976046)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2012 Global Rallycross Championship schedule:

Sun April 15 at 10:00 PM on ESPN2 (Las Vegas?)
Sat May 5 at 6:00 PM on ESPN (Chicago?)
Sat May 20 at 4:30 PM on ESPN (New York)
Sat June 2 at 4:30 PM on ESPN (Atlanta)
Sat June 30 and Sun July 1 - X Games Los Angeles
Sat July 14 at 6:00 PM on ESPN (Dallas?)

A 110 x 70 metre football soccer field is too small, an American football field ever worse. I'd do street races, tracks on current ovals or permenent road courses, and purpose-built rallycross tracks.