Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Sep 2020, 13:04 (Ref:4000042)   #1551
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
On the streaming subject, I assume others had this yesterday?

(There is nothing on the new 'special' website yet).
I didn't see that but it was announced Motortrend would be streaming the race over here again this year.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 20:16 (Ref:4000113)   #1552
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I didn't see that but it was announced Motortrend would be streaming the race over here again this year.
Do you have any experience with watching their streamed version of live events? Will there be commercials? I have a Youtube TV account and it appears it allowed me to log in through those credentials.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 20:45 (Ref:4000116)   #1553
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Do you have any experience with watching their streamed version of live events? Will there be commercials? I have a Youtube TV account and it appears it allowed me to log in through those credentials.
Yes, I watched the race last year on a combination of stream and tv. I honestly don't remember the level of advertising. Stream worked fine though and I had it on TV via hdmi.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 20:57 (Ref:4000120)   #1554
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
You'll be alright with the motortrend stream. Usually pretty solid. I got the shirt shenanigans last year. There were times when I would mute motd and turn up rlm.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 20:28 (Ref:4000311)   #1555
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
RLM are claiming no video coverage of FP1, so I assume the Eurosport coverage begins with the afternoon practice.
Might be the case with the special scheduling.

Eurosport Player's schedule doesn't show week 38 yet.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 02:05 (Ref:4000343)   #1556
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ll cope. It’s not as outrageous as not showing the first Road to Le Mans is it?

Old 6 Sep 2020, 13:55 (Ref:4000454)   #1557
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eurosport schedule for Thursday and Friday is up on the Radio Times website, they look to be showing all the LM24 sessions from Thursday lunchtime onwards, so just that first practice session that is not getting video,

The Saturday schedule should be listed from tomorrow so we can see how much of the buildup they are showing.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:32 (Ref:4000480)   #1558
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Details will follow but the full ACO TV comms squad will be on site at Le Mans with some very familiar names!
Old 7 Sep 2020, 07:48 (Ref:4000679)   #1559
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Graham. Members had an email a couple of weeks ago, seemingly promising a stream - on something - are you any the wiser?
Old 7 Sep 2020, 08:37 (Ref:4000701)   #1560
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Other than knowing who we have, and when we're broadcasting - sadly not yet!
Old 7 Sep 2020, 11:36 (Ref:4000741)   #1561
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks Graham. Members had an email a couple of weeks ago, seemingly promising a stream - on something - are you any the wiser?
I hope the stream will be available for everyone and not be some ACO-members exclusive thing.

I'm holding off a Eurosport Player registration for now.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 13:36 (Ref:4000754)   #1562
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, yes, I don't want anyone to miss out, but right now, many members have paid a fair bit of cash for nothing so far, so it's right that they should get something back....
Old 7 Sep 2020, 13:49 (Ref:4000755)   #1563
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The fact that there have been no formal announcement and the race doesn't seem to be 'for sale' on the WEC website might mean there are still discussions taking place about free streaming coverage.

At least things are now appearing on the Eurosport schedule so there's some coverage at no extra cost for those of us with suitable tv packages.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 14:17 (Ref:4000769)   #1564
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well, yes, I don't want anyone to miss out, but right now, many members have paid a fair bit of cash for nothing so far, so it's right that they should get something back....
Not getting much if you are a member and subscribe to the WEC app. They need to work out what to do here too I guess.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 20:53 (Ref:4000833)   #1565
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
"Member" refers to fiawec.com streaming subscriber or what?

I haven't seen the email but it will be more likely some studio feed, not an actual tv broadcast (that used to be a thing few years ago too).

Postponing the race has not negated existing contracts and because there will no ticket sales tv/streaming is even more important.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 23:38 (Ref:4000854)   #1566
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The teaser is up. Are you prepared to fight?

https://youtu.be/wI_Mt18sE5k
Old 8 Sep 2020, 07:43 (Ref:4000876)   #1567
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
The Saturday schedule for Eurosport is available, and coverage is uninterupted and on a single channel from the early morning warm up through to 2am (as far as the schedule goes)

I don't think it was in question, but good to see it in writing...
Old 8 Sep 2020, 09:42 (Ref:4000893)   #1568
mattsmith
Rookie

England
Somerset
mattsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
The Saturday schedule for Eurosport is available, and coverage is uninterupted and on a single channel from the early morning warm up through to 2am (as far as the schedule goes)

I don't think it was in question, but good to see it in writing...

Is that for British Eurosport or International. One channel coverage would be hard to fit into British Eurosports usual vital coverage of 10 year old tennis
Old 8 Sep 2020, 09:56 (Ref:4000894)   #1569
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
It is branded as 'Eurosport 1' and 'Eurosport 2' on my Sky box, no idea if that's British, International or both....

The Thurs and Fri action is on '2' (and the cycling on '1') and Saturday has LM on '1' and cycling on '2'.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 10:07 (Ref:4000895)   #1570
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good they are splitting the coverage between the two channels again, I don't have either of those channels, but it's good for those who do

Eurosport do a good job having complete coverage, it just wouldn't be the same without them.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 13:20 (Ref:4000921)   #1571
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
"Member" refers to fiawec.com streaming subscriber or what?

I haven't seen the email but it will be more likely some studio feed, not an actual tv broadcast (that used to be a thing few years ago too).

Postponing the race has not negated existing contracts and because there will no ticket sales tv/streaming is even more important.
I was referring to ACO membership...
Old 8 Sep 2020, 17:12 (Ref:4000967)   #1572
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Good they are splitting the coverage between the two channels again, I don't have either of those channels, but it's good for those who do

Eurosport do a good job having complete coverage, it just wouldn't be the same without them.
That reads like a sarcasm...?

Still could be better. Every year some bad commentators and those stupid magazine show segments when a practice or even the race itself is live. Need better commentator lineup, better presenters and better pit reporters. Now Tom Kristensen is there because he is a 100 time Le Mans winner and not because he is a good presenter.

Eurosport can still do great motor sport coverage/presentation e.g. British Superbikes if they just want.

Last edited by deggis; 8 Sep 2020 at 17:25.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4001006)   #1573
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That reads like a sarcasm...?
I think it is just cliche day again.

One bonus about subscribing directly to Eurosport is when they have a no commentary stream. Lovely.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 19:55 (Ref:4001008)   #1574
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to miss the early hours on Sunday morning, because BT Sport have the Oz Touring Cars live from Sandown.
Old 8 Sep 2020, 20:02 (Ref:4001010)   #1575
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There might be in car streams from teams?