Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Dec 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3692626)   #101
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent Stuart - that gives me some of the VSCC dates I've been waiting for as well, because I think the first four in your list are VSCC meetings aren't they?

Gary
You are correct that these are VSCC dates.
Stuart
Old 1 Dec 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3692741)   #102
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Classic is now 28/29/30 July according to the email from them.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3692762)   #103
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Classic is now 28/29/30 July according to the email from them.
Interesting but good that previous exhibitors and media get told before anyone else......
Old 1 Dec 2016, 21:09 (Ref:3692813)   #104
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The full list of VSCC dates (provisional). I've limited it to race meetings, not trials, sprints etc but could add those if desired:

Sat 22nd April - Silverstone Spring Start
Sat 10th June - Oulton Pk
Sun 23rd July - Cadwell Pk
Sat 12 Aug - Mallory Pk
Sun 17th Sept - Snetterton

I'd heard that the Cadwell meeting was on the Saturday but the above list is from the latest VSCC Newsletter so hopefully the most up to date (but as said - provisional).
Old 2 Dec 2016, 01:19 (Ref:3692856)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No Pomeroy?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 06:25 (Ref:3692894)   #106
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Silverstone Classic now updated to new dates. For any info-

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/
Old 2 Dec 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3692908)   #107
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
No Pomeroy?
Sorry, missed that one - it never did appeal to me!

18th Feb at the concrete jungle.

On the GP circuit apparently which I understand is new (or rare?) for the Pom?

Last edited by gary396; 2 Dec 2016 at 08:40. Reason: Circuit info
Old 2 Dec 2016, 08:21 (Ref:3692910)   #108
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter Auto has added a Euro F2 series to their portfolio, catering for cars from 1967- 78. First race will be at Spa Classic in May.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 10:27 (Ref:3692937)   #109
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Peter Auto has added a Euro F2 series to their portfolio, catering for cars from 1967- 78. First race will be at Spa Classic in May.
Mmm, bet the HSCC are chuffed with that.....

I knew it was being discussed last year as some PA customers have suitable cars and wanted to race them at same meetings as their other cars. Let's hope it works for everyone....
Old 2 Dec 2016, 10:59 (Ref:3692942)   #110
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I keep hearing that HF2 is making a bit of a resurgence next year. Think the cost of DFV is putting people of HF1.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 11:21 (Ref:3692951)   #111
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I keep hearing that HF2 is making a bit of a resurgence next year. Think the cost of DFV is putting people of HF1.

Talking of DFV's, with next year being its 50th anniversary it would be interesting to find out the earliest one still in active service.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 11:24 (Ref:3692952)   #112
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Talking of DFV's, with next year being its 50th anniversary it would be interesting to find out the earliest one still in active service.
That would be a little bit like working out the lineage of Trigger's broom!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3692954)   #113
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
That would be a little bit like working out the lineage of Trigger's broom!
I know, & I know engine numbers get moved around, so just a curious bit of trivia nevertheless.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 12:04 (Ref:3692959)   #114
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Goodwood has now changed the dates for FoS to 29 June - 2 July.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 12:10 (Ref:3692962)   #115
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt that a BMW F2 engine is much cheaper.

Are there many Harts about, or did most of them become 2.5 litre Hillclimb engines?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3692970)   #116
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even the Good Lord is not immune to the machinations of Bernie:

FESTIVAL OF SPEED NEW DATE CONFIRMATION
29 June – 2 July 2017

Edit: I'm so sorry I posted before I read the post 2 up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3692991)   #117
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Even the Good Lord is not immune to the machinations of Bernie:

FESTIVAL OF SPEED NEW DATE CONFIRMATION
29 June – 2 July 2017

Edit: I'm so sorry I posted before I read the post 2 up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The previous date clashes with the Baku GP on revised F1 calendar. Just shows how important having access to current F1 drivers Goodwood FOS is, as can't believe the clash would have been a problem for spectators!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:42 (Ref:3692997)   #118
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
HF2 will need plenty of cars if both HSCC and PA want healthy grids! The former's Magny-Cours weekend clashes with PA Monza, and some other dates are only one week apart. That will be far from ideal for any owner that wants to do both series....
Old 2 Dec 2016, 15:31 (Ref:3693072)   #119
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
AMOC Racing are back with Duncan Wiltshire and MRL next season.

"Aston Club Racng is pleased to confirm that Duncan Wiltshire will be taking on responsibiltiy for managing Aston Club Racing and the AMOC Racing programme for the 2017 season and beyond.

Duncan and his team at Motor Racing Legends come with a wealth of experience in the organisation and administration of race events and will be working closely with Roger Bennington and the Aston Martin Owners Club to ensure our racing programme continues to expand and flourish. We are delighted that Roger Bennington will continue to support ACR, and will maintain responsibility for the modern GT4 races.

The long-term aim is to return to a full programme of five AMOC meetings each year. For 2017 the intention is to run four full meetings, with two additional out-rounds for the Intermarque Champtionship/GT4 Challenge. The four main meetings will feature the Intermarque Championship, the GT4 Challenge, the AMOC 50s Sports Cars, the Innes Ireland Trophy, the Equipe GTS and the Pre-War Sports Cars at most, if not all events, as well as additional invited support races."

Provisional calendar-

13/05/2017 Oulton Park
08/07/2017 Snetterton 300
12/08/2017 Brands Hatch Indy
30/09/2017 Silverstone National

Last edited by Mike Bell; 31 Dec 2016 at 12:29. Reason: sp
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3693104)   #120
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So another Historic F2 championship. An nice way to thank the HSCC who took over and nurtured the F2 championship when it was all but dead and buried. It's the championship organising version of goal hanging really - wait until all the real work is done then whip in and look like a hero for doing b#gger all. As I understand it they didn't even have the courtesy to inform the HSCC.....
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3693135)   #121
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
So another Historic F2 championship. An nice way to thank the HSCC who took over and nurtured the F2 championship when it was all but dead and buried. It's the championship organising version of goal hanging really - wait until all the real work is done then whip in and look like a hero for doing b#gger all. As I understand it they didn't even have the courtesy to inform the HSCC.....
Not a bad analogy, Simon. Think the man at the top of the French organisation is going to be off some Christmas card lists this year! Apart from the above, I can't imagine the French governing body (FFSA?) are very impressed with the clash between PA Monza and their fledgling Magny-Cours Historic meeting.....
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3693137)   #122
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm guess we better start a new thread
Old 3 Dec 2016, 10:48 (Ref:3693296)   #123
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FISCAR's calendar here:-

http://fiscar.org/

Additionally, I'm running (and I did consult the HSCC first!) the Archie Scott Brown race at Snetterton with VSCC on September 17th. Yes, I know it clashes with Spa but you have to work with what you have, and hopefully those who cannot get to Spa for time/distance/work/ whatever reasons will be able to give one day over to Snetterton to remember this legend of a racer.

Last edited by John Turner; 3 Dec 2016 at 10:57.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 3 Dec 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3693349)   #124
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just on my way home from the GTSCC lunch and prizegiving in London, and can confirm that provisionally they will be at 4 meetings in 2017-

Donington Historic festival

HSCC Silverstone International

Castle Combe Autumn Classic

Portimao Classic

The dates for these are already posted in this thread if you read through.....
Old 3 Dec 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3693367)   #125
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Did you win anything Mike