Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Jul 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1352600)   #1
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Nicky, well done Laguna, well done MotoGP

After the boredom of Silverstone it was great to see a thrilling race at Laguna Seca. The bravery those riders showed through the Corkscrew was amazing, with some even trying overtaking moves in such a daunting turn. Nicky Hayden came through to take a fantastic win - hopefully the beginningof him fulfilling his potential to be the sport's new hero. Everyone made such an effort to put on an exciting show, and the minute's silence was observed tastefully and properly. If you didn't see it,make sure you don't miss Donington and beyond.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1352814)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I was there for my first experience with a motorcycle race of any kind (in person). These guys are impressive period. What a spectacle. To watch the speed they carried through Turn 1 was amazing. I kept expecting Rossi to turn it on and Hayden to fade, but neither really happened. Great race, tremendous atmosphere, awesome win for Hayden, and an achievement for American motorsport. So yes, well done Nicky and well done Moto GP. I also think a nice thank you to Yamaha is in order as well.

However, I cannot say well done Laguna Seca. They certainly must have underestimated the popularity of this event. Parking was an absolute nightmare. I've never spent that much time in a parking lot ever.

But, I'll certainly go again if they come back next year.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 07:37 (Ref:1353254)   #3
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
However, I cannot say well done Laguna Seca. They certainly must have underestimated the popularity of this event. Parking was an absolute nightmare. I've never spent that much time in a parking lot ever.
Seems the same worldwide, you want to try getting out of Donington Park....

Glad you enjoyed it though, better than the US car GP
Old 12 Jul 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1353278)   #4
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Four wheels good, two wheels better...
Old 12 Jul 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1353279)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets hope Hayden can put the same kind of focus and commitment into the rest of the season, and not become the Bryan Herta of MotoGP
Old 12 Jul 2005, 08:59 (Ref:1353316)   #6
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hayden is a lucky boy. He is on the best machine in the best team in Moto GP and it has taken him 2 and a half years and returning to his favourite track to finally reach his potential. There is obviously beleif in this kid from both his team and Honda, but the challenge now for him is to take this win from Leguna Seca and adopt it everywhere like Rossi can, otherwise he will never beat him in a championship. Well done Hayden great job, I hope it is the start of something.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 01:20 (Ref:1354272)   #7
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see those machines on one of my favourite tracks in the world.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1355657)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great result, but you kind of expected the Americans to know their way around the track.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1355752)   #9
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Moto GP bike round Laguna - I liked the analogy I heard - like driving an F1 car round Cadwell Park!
Old 15 Jul 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1356430)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the lad Hatden is a little lucky, he has not really shown that much, especially last year where he was no better and often slwoer than Barros who is a true one hit wonder and always has been. Dont get me wrong they are both quick on their day but over a season they are gonna have too many 8ths and 6ths to challenge Vale.
Remember Criville who is the best example of recent years, he took ages to learn how to get the best out of te NSR and eventually his time came But onl afer Mick had packed in and Alex had access to all hi9s settings. As soon as Vale came along HRC knew he was the better bet and built the bike around him.
Remember also it only took Vale less than a year to be right on the pace on a stroker, Luca was quick inless than a year and Jonny K, and they didnt turn out to be potential 500 class champions.
I dont know how you measure potential really, you have to say Pedrosa looks the mos likel to beat Vale in the coming years or maybe Marco if he gets a Repsol ride and the best Honda's, now there's a team Dani and Marco together!!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1356843)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Getting the first win can be the important one, and there's no doubting Hayden's talent. In the end-of-season reckoning this ride might be the one to keep him in the factory Honda team. The guys with Laguna experience did certainly have an advantage, but Nicky made better use of it than anyone. Comparing the race to the USGP is a bit selective, but in general MotoGP races do have more excitement and surprise than their four-wheel equivalents.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1356866)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Big well done to Nicky ....what an exciting race!... wouldn't see that in F1.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1357036)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wouldnt see f1 in america - great ride by nicky, but where the h#ll was shinya nakano.... 9th i reckon

had a quinella bet for $6000 on shinya coming 2nd to nicky - ohwell

lets hope nicky can take this form back to europe & take it right up to the #46....
Old 18 Jul 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1357675)   #14
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Hayden is a lucky boy. He is on the best machine in the best team in Moto GP and it has taken him 2 and a half years and returning to his favourite track to finally reach his potential. There is obviously beleif in this kid from both his team and Honda, but the challenge now for him is to take this win from Leguna Seca and adopt it everywhere like Rossi can, otherwise he will never beat him in a championship. Well done Hayden great job, I hope it is the start of something.

he will never beat him in a championshiop .. PERIOD

Ciao Marco