Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Feb 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3369699)   #276
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
With only the winner allowed to celebrate with donuts, or a victory lap, then what if say... Vettel wins in Bahrain, but Hamilton's third placing means he wins the 2014 championship (), but because Lewis is not the 'winner', is he not allowed to celebrate with a victory lap, donuts, or stop and accept a British flag from a marshal?

He should do all three, regardless.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3369700)   #277
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
With only the winner allowed to celebrate with donuts, or a victory lap, then what if say... Vettel wins in Bahrain, but Hamilton's third placing means he wins the 2014 championship (), but because Lewis is not the 'winner', is he not allowed to celebrate with a victory lap, donuts, or stop and accept a British flag from a marshal?

In that instance, Hamilton will receive a lengthy prison sentence if he tackles the forbidden donut.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3369748)   #278
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Donuts in the car park after the race.

Richard
Old 18 Feb 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3369912)   #279
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

The way Bernie is going, the winnier of the last race is the WDC, the rest of the races are practice and testing for Bahrain!

P.S. Does Hamilton now have to give his WDC to Massa?
Old 19 Feb 2014, 05:52 (Ref:3369969)   #280
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The way Bernie is going, the winnier of the last race is the WDC, the rest of the races are practice and testing for Bahrain!

P.S. Does Hamilton now have to give his WDC to Massa?
This is why we have the double points candy this year... We had so many good years in a row where the title came down to the last event or two that Bernie has decided that he wants it resolved at the last race EVERY year.

What happens if they have it for three races and the championship leader with a fifty point lead with three rounds to go wins every one of them....
Old 19 Feb 2014, 06:24 (Ref:3369977)   #281
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He should do all three, regardless.
Knowing Lewis' luck, if he did, he would probably be disqualified from the race, lose the third placing, and by that, lose the championship to Vettel.

I doubt we will any donuts performed by the winner this year, or even next year. How ironic.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3370119)   #282
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm worried that they still won't change it for this year. Why take the risk of their being the wrong champion when everyone hates the rule.

Mind you, I wonder what would happen in the last race if it was stopped before 75% distance and couldn't be restarted. Surely that means it would be 'normal' points.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3370558)   #283
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
looks like Bernie is pushing for the 3 final races to be double points still, I really liked an idea I saw a guy post on Planet F1 where he suggested certain prestige races that have F1 history be double points like Monaco,Silverstone,and Monza for example.

spreading it out wont be such a bad thing if it is to happen because that way maybe say for example Ferrari have the upperhand at that point in the season and win at Monaco where as Red Bull desperate to catch up might take the win at Monza.If we have the same as last season where a driver is dominating its going to look bloody stupid when he wins all 3 final races and wins the title by 150 + points
Old 21 Feb 2014, 00:25 (Ref:3370563)   #284
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massa_number1 View Post
looks like Bernie is pushing for the 3 final races to be double points still, I really liked an idea I saw a guy post on Planet F1 where he suggested certain prestige races that have F1 history be double points like Monaco,Silverstone,and Monza for example.

spreading it out wont be such a bad thing if it is to happen because that way maybe say for example Ferrari have the upperhand at that point in the season and win at Monaco where as Red Bull desperate to catch up might take the win at Monza.If we have the same as last season where a driver is dominating its going to look bloody stupid when he wins all 3 final races and wins the title by 150 + points
Unlike last season where he won by 155 points.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3370615)   #285
321Go
Veteran

Double points for the last three races will be discussed again after the pre season tests are completed.

I have a feeling this time the idea will be given the green light, and it WILL happen.

So.. RBR, the reason behind this idea, are in a bit of a pickle at the moment. Wouldn't it just be ironic if RBR doesn't do too well early in the season, but then get's their s**t together later in the season, wins the last three rounds, and wins the championship/s. Now that would be very funny indeed.
Old 22 Feb 2014, 02:32 (Ref:3370876)   #286
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Double points for the last three races will be discussed again after the pre season tests are completed.

I have a feeling this time the idea will be given the green light, and it WILL happen.

So.. RBR, the reason behind this idea, are in a bit of a pickle at the moment. Wouldn't it just be ironic if RBR doesn't do too well early in the season, but then get's their s**t together later in the season, wins the last three rounds, and wins the championship/s. Now that would be very funny indeed.
Couldn't think of a better outcome if they pursue this double points idea - its called KARMA!
Old 24 Feb 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3371498)   #287
321Go
Veteran

Teams vote in favour of new qualifying format.

Quote:

The 16 cars which make it though to Q2 will receive an extra set of option (softer) tyres, but these tyres can only be used during Q3 - so those who don't progress will get to keep them for the race, but those who do make it into the top-ten shoot-out must use the additional options to set their final time, but must then hand them back to Pirelli after.

Interesting.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3371594)   #288
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Almost makes aiming for 11th a scenario worth considering, dependant on circumstances.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3371598)   #289
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The way it reads doesn't make sense.

Either they have to run them during Q3 only, so they all hand them back, or as I suspect they get an extra set for making Q2 and if they make Q3 they have to use that set then or hand them back; if they only make Q2 they can keep them for the race.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3371775)   #290
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Why does F1 always complicate itself? Oh because common sense is a no-no!
Old 24 Feb 2014, 23:24 (Ref:3371829)   #291
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Why does F1 always complicate itself? Oh because common sense is a no-no!
i dont know if i would watch if it was simple?

anyways im still confused by the need to have the Q3 runners start the race on the tires with which they set their fastest Q2 times??? (is that a rule still - the article above said it was)

let them start the race on fresh rubber because having drivers make a pit stop within the first several laps of the race is a greater problem then only 5-6 cars going out for Q3 no? (actually i dont know why its a problem but its irritating to me for some reason)

anyways complicated is good i think!
Old 28 Feb 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3373132)   #292
321Go
Veteran

Rest in peace F.O.T.A.

Born 29th July 2008. Died 28th February 2014.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3373281)   #293
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26387836

Phew. Now to get shot of any races with double points (unless they're twice as long as the rest).
Old 1 Mar 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3373409)   #294
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26387836

Phew. Now to get shot of any races with double points (unless they're twice as long as the rest).
How did Bernie get the double points agreement up?
Who agreed to it, and which body sanctioned it?

Everybody seems to agree with Nico that the idea sucks, and yet we still have it!
Old 1 Mar 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3373514)   #295
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An old trick I have seen at meeting where somebody wants to get something through that might cause problems is to bring it up at the end of the meeting.
This is usually done as most of those in attendance are looking at their watches or fed up and looking for the exit door. Many of those in meetings at this time then agree with a proposal without actually thinking about its full implications. I suspect Bernie is a master of such things.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3373661)   #296
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
How did Bernie get the double points agreement up?
Who agreed to it, and which body sanctioned it?

Everybody seems to agree with Nico that the idea sucks, and yet we still have it!
The irony would be if the WDC was decided before the last race. I'd really like to see that happen.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3373692)   #297
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The irony would be if the WDC was decided before the last race. I'd really like to see that happen.
ditto! actually i kind of need it not coming down to the last race of the year as i want to be able to boycott Abu Dhabi out of principle.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3373997)   #298
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
On the evidence of the pre-season tests, it seems to me these new engine rules are going to cause a major disappointment for fans looking forward to Melbourne and beyond. It's the dictated engine rules that is my concern, other changes like less downforce and so on is good.

I fear we are in for a season of cars not being raced exactly, but more, being nursed home because of unreliability and fuel-saving issues.
I'm sure it's all going to be very watchable and interesting but possibly, the pre-race build-ups may prove more interesting than the races themselves.

Hope I'm wrong. Either way though, the essence of Grand Prix racing has gradually been eroded over recent years, and from a personal point of view, it's a completely different and less exciting form now.

Last edited by MarkG; 2 Mar 2014 at 11:54.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3374154)   #299
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Then Eccles would claim that the last three races should have been double points like he wanted. And it will all be the fault of someone else (again).
Old 3 Mar 2014, 00:17 (Ref:3374184)   #300
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Then Eccles would claim that the last three races should have been double points like he wanted. And it will all be the fault of someone else (again).
Yep. And it will be double points for the last THREE races in 2015.