Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Oct 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3773900)   #876
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Seems as though Jenson Button still pledges allegiance to Honda after this divorce?
There's a big assumption that Button will be in a Penske due to Honda. But Zak Brown has a United Autosports LMP2 at Daytona as well.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3773908)   #877
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
There's a big assumption that Button will be in a Penske due to Honda. But Zak Brown has a United Autosports LMP2 at Daytona as well.
After posting above, I think I read that the Button Penske deal is not going to work for undisclosed reasons ($$$?). I also read about the Zak Brown deal as well.

Richard
Old 13 Oct 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3773991)   #878
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
After posting above, I think I read that the Button Penske deal is not going to work for undisclosed reasons ($$$?). I also read about the Zak Brown deal as well.

Richard

And the fact there's no space left for him? The drivers were announced at the beginning of this week, Cameron/JPM/Pagenaud and Castroneves/Taylor/Rahal. And think the money Zak may have hinted at for United's LMP2 at Daytona and potentially Sebring, Petit Le Mans may have been more than Penske/Acura wanted to offer.
Old 13 Oct 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3773992)   #879
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Button and Honda go back a long way and he did compete for them in Super GT, so I think he still has some connection with them
Old 13 Oct 2017, 19:40 (Ref:3774071)   #880
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if his 2017 retainer is any indication of his 2018 salary demands, can Mclaren justify spending that much for Button to maintain essentially a promotional/reserve driver role?

also seeing some silly numbers being thrown around for Alonso's 2018 salary.... 40mil euros!!!

regardless of how good he is/still might be, if that number is true then its a crazy amount for a driver not in a top car.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 00:54 (Ref:3775128)   #881
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso thinks McLaren-Renault can.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132495
Old 20 Oct 2017, 02:03 (Ref:3775135)   #882
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When will the team announce their new corporate pArtners to fund the year?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Oct 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3775259)   #883
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well Fred hasn’t lost anything, will make a nice change to see him at the front again
Old 20 Oct 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3775310)   #884
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well Fred hasn’t lost anything, will make a nice change to see him at the front again
I always wondered what happened at Renault when Trulli was Blowing Alonso away then mysteriously became slow around mid-season
Old 20 Oct 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3775312)   #885
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I think there's still a question as to whether McLaren Renault can compete.

How many changes will be needed to that apparently great chassis to accommodate a new motor? How much will those changes bring McLaren in line with other Renault teams, basically putting them in a fight with Red Bull, and possible Renault, all a step below Mercedes and maybe still Ferrari? Although, I could see Red Bull and/or McLaren leapfrogging Ferrari.
Old 20 Oct 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3775323)   #886
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hmmm, lets see how it goes. I don't quite see that as a fait accompli.

Richard
Old 20 Oct 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3775326)   #887
insane014
Rookie

insane014 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I think there's still a question as to whether McLaren Renault can compete.

How many changes will be needed to that apparently great chassis to accommodate a new motor? How much will those changes bring McLaren in line with other Renault teams, basically putting them in a fight with Red Bull, and possible Renault, all a step below Mercedes and maybe still Ferrari? Although, I could see Red Bull and/or McLaren leapfrogging Ferrari.
McLaren should be happy if they can hold onto the pace they have right now with new engines next year.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 11:24 (Ref:3775406)   #888
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
I always wondered what happened at Renault when Trulli was Blowing Alonso away then mysteriously became slow around mid-season

Because Flavio Briatore probably...
Old 21 Oct 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3775412)   #889
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren considering historical papaya orange for 2018. Maybe that will help?

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132541
Old 21 Oct 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3775419)   #890
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Worth at least a second a lap......
Old 22 Oct 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3775611)   #891
insane014
Rookie

insane014 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Worth at least a second a lap......
McLaren is on route to be the first car on the grid without power unit. They will gain the speeds purely on their chassis magic and gravity put into math equation. After all did you see that qualy lap from Alonso on Texas powertrack? They've ultimately ousted the engines lack of everything on straights and fast corners with heavenly chassis tune up
Old 22 Oct 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3775640)   #892
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be seriously funny if McLaren ended up with the worst performing engine again next season
Old 22 Oct 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3775646)   #893
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
It is amazing, the timing of the engine switch announcement and the sudden improvement with the McLaren/Honda package.

Since Alonso is involved, I expect the voodoo to get on Renault and Honda to turn dominant.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3775648)   #894
S griffin
Veteran

Well shame it’s taken this long. Still too much of the season wasted
Old 22 Oct 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3775668)   #895
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
It is amazing, the timing of the engine switch announcement and the sudden improvement with the McLaren/Honda package.

Since Alonso is involved, I expect the voodoo to get on Renault and Honda to turn dominant.
It's not much of an improvement if they still can't finish races.
Old 22 Oct 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3775744)   #896
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
NO.....they can't compete.
Old 24 Oct 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3776158)   #897
S griffin
Veteran

Well after looking like they had been a bit too hasty in dumping Honda on Saturday, they were justified again on Sunday. It's simply been not good enough
Old 30 Oct 2017, 08:31 (Ref:3777398)   #898
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Alonso must be beside himself with joy at the thoughts of a Renault engine next season..
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3777415)   #899
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I thought Maclaren would use Renault engines next year, but after watching the renault engines yesterday they must be thinking frying oan or fire, however max did have one in his car so perhaps?
Old 30 Oct 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3777444)   #900
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Alonso must be beside himself with joy at the thoughts of a Renault engine next season..
At least the McLaren shouldn't get blown off up the straights so easily... just on the pit entrance...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House