Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Jul 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3755957)   #101
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshFiles View Post
Could i ask where you get these figures from?

There were a number of BTCC cars and a couple of TCR cars at a private test in spain pre season this year. 4 top BTCC teams were there, and 1 TCR team. Of the 5 days test, in the end a TCR car posted the quickest lap time by 0.2s over the fastest BTCC car on the soft compound dunlop. So I would say the TCR cars are every bit as fast as the lighter (1280kg with most TCR cars are over 1300kg (HONDA is 1315kg)) and more powerful (TCR 350hp btcc 380hp) btcc cars.

Maybe I am biased as I race them, but having driven cars of both formulae I also prefer the way a TCR performs.
Good to hear your feedback Josh.

Can you possibly give us some more insight into exactly how the cars differ handling wise?
Old 8 Aug 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3758170)   #102
Racing line
Rookie

Racing line should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but what are the ballpark running costs of a TCR car and how do they compare to a current NGTC ?
Old 8 Aug 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3758229)   #103
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing line View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but what are the ballpark running costs of a TCR car and how do they compare to a current NGTC ?
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...-announcement/
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...-uk-programme/

BTW Welcome on TT.
Old 8 Aug 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3758272)   #104
Racing line
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome FIRE - really want TCR UK to be successful just hope it doesn't stand on too many other championships toes.
Old 8 Aug 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3758273)   #105
Racing line
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome FIRE - really want TCR UK to be successful as the rest of the world can't all be wrong about TCR
Old 9 Aug 2017, 23:37 (Ref:3758503)   #106
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched the last set of BTCC races with so little enjoyment. I just feel that series has gotten stale.

Dunno if it's the cars, the same old crowd of drivers, or the format, but I just get less interested in it each year.

I think the TCR provides great Racing, so I'd welcome TCR UK to challenge BTCC for the top step of British Touring cars

And if it fails, maybe it causes BTCC to spice things up a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 Aug 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3759803)   #107
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I think the TCR provides great Racing, so I'd welcome TCR UK to challenge BTCC for the top step of British Touring cars

And if it fails, maybe it causes BTCC to spice things up a little
As Shaun Hollamby put it in this article, "a bit of competition is never a bad thing"

http://www.touringcars.net/2017/08/a...g-tcr-uk-entry
Old 17 Aug 2017, 15:34 (Ref:3759973)   #108
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
TGR will be there next season, Motorbase are thinking about doing a duel program and Sutton has also said he might. Interesting times ahead
Old 17 Aug 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3759979)   #109
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sutton has also said he might.
wow you are a master of spin
suttons exact words are "If someone offered me a drive I wouldn't let it take over what I do in the BTCC. If it was a sideline then maybe".
Old 18 Aug 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3760109)   #110
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
wow you are a master of spin
suttons exact words are "If someone offered me a drive I wouldn't let it take over what I do in the BTCC. If it was a sideline then maybe".
Thank you for the very important clarification.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3760110)   #111
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see these campaigns are all alongside the BTCC, not instead of.

For HARD, it provides a VAG-based car that fills a gap between their VW Cup and BTCC team, nice for progression.

If someone like Depper drives for Motorbase in TCR to develop FWD driving skills, or (hopefully) Davenport to get back in the swing of things, then that's a good thing.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3760121)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe it could become the new National Saloon Championship
Old 18 Aug 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3760134)   #113
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any word on a calendar yet? Would like to support this series if it comes north of the border.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3760201)   #114
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice to see it in the south west as well , but I fear it is likely to be held in the midlands and south east .
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3760226)   #115
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe it could become the new National Saloon Championship
Nice thought.

I'm not a fan of it nor the current BTCC regs but if it's well supported it will be worth a look for fans and sponsors.

On another note. I remain convinced there is a gap in the market for a 'big banger' type of saloon series.

I really think GT3 (or even GT4) type regs would work a treat (think BMW 3/5, Guilia, CClass,XF/XE, Mundano, Inuglya, etc etc) but maybe a bigger engined version of TCR?
Old 19 Aug 2017, 06:05 (Ref:3760325)   #116
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

On another note. I remain convinced there is a gap in the market for a 'big banger' type of saloon series.

I really think GT3 (or even GT4) type regs would work a treat (think BMW 3/5, Guilia, CClass,XF/XE, Mundano, Inuglya, etc etc) but maybe a bigger engined version of TCR?
Agree with that and have thought something similar for some time, although I was thinking that the Italian V8 Superstars should have developed along these lines and become the basis for a resurrection of the European Touring Car Championship.

Now DTM is losing manufacturers, perhaps that series could do the same?
Old 19 Aug 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3760330)   #117
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
It would be nice to see it in the south west as well , but I fear it is likely to be held in the midlands and south east .
My guess is that they will go to the tracks with the infrastructure that can support it. As much as I'd love it, we aren't going to see any rounds at Pembrey, Castle Combe, or Mallory Park.
Old 19 Aug 2017, 08:29 (Ref:3760343)   #118
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
I would love to see them at Castle Combe as well ! I was thinking more of Thruxton which , apart from the BTCC , seems to have been sidelined in recent years from hosting British GT , BRDC Formula Three etc .
Old 19 Aug 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3760344)   #119
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I would love to see them at Castle Combe as well ! I was thinking more of Thruxton which , apart from the BTCC , seems to have been sidelined in recent years from hosting British GT , BRDC Formula Three etc .
Thruxton is getting British GT GT4 class next year. The full fat GT3 cars might be too fast for it. But I'd recommend going to see the GT4 race next year. If they did the same for Knockhill then I'd be going to that!
Old 19 Aug 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3760353)   #120
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Great news that Thruxton is getting GT4 next season . The last couple of seasons even the Porsche Carrera Cup and Ginetta GT4s haven't appeared on the BTCC programme . Fingers crossed for a GT4\TCR double header at Thruxton next season .
Old 19 Aug 2017, 11:21 (Ref:3760360)   #121
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I guess a lot of it depends on what series TCR actually supports, since I doubt it will be the headline act. Joining the British GT bill perhaps?
Old 19 Aug 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3760368)   #122
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Great news that Thruxton is getting GT4 next season . The last couple of seasons even the Porsche Carrera Cup and Ginetta GT4s haven't appeared on the BTCC programme . Fingers crossed for a GT4\TCR double header at Thruxton next season .
If you can't make it to the race, British GT streams races live. Hopefully they'll do the stand alone GT4 race live, as I really want to see Thruxton.

TCR and British GT would be a good tie in. Unfortunately that means Scotland would not get a race. If British GT continues the GT4 stand alone events, I'd love to see them come to Knockhill.
Old 19 Aug 2017, 12:43 (Ref:3760376)   #123
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I guess a lot of it depends on what series TCR actually supports, since I doubt it will be the headline act. Joining the British GT bill perhaps?
With plans for BGT to split GT3 and GT4 into separate races, except at Silverstone and Spa, the race weekends will usually be too crowded to accommodate TCR on a regular basis.

Perhaps at Silverstone, Snetterton and Donington, and also supporting the GT4 cup race at Thruxton.

That gives you four events for TCR. I can see the rest of the calendar being shared with MX5s or Caterhams (which TCR may well be headlining on those occasions).
Old 20 Aug 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3760522)   #124
Wrldtrng
Rookie

Russian Federation
Wrldtrng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Make a list of teams that have confirmed participation in TCR UK 2018 and prospective participating teams. Now it is quite difficult to understand how many teams have already confirmed their participation and how many have only expressed their intentions.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3760563)   #125
S griffin
Veteran

Castle Combe, that would be cosmic to see them round there