3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jul 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3109749)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race- German Grand Prix

Scores?
Old 22 Jul 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3109754)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have to say the lack of an English language commentary meant I had to concentrate and there were battles all the way throughout the field so top marks from me.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3109763)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7. Somehow it could be better, anyway the beach was distracting...
Old 22 Jul 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3109789)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
7. Somehow it could be better, anyway the beach was distracting...
Marks out of ten for the beach?

Not too bad, but not as good as a beach, apparently. Since I was nowhere near a beach, I'll give it 8.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3109817)   #5
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7-A better overall race than Silverstone but without a great overtake for the lead so the same score.

Lots of great overtaking, the DRS zone was more exciting than expected (I was worried it would be like Montreal) and some great drives by Alonso, Button, Kimi and the two Saubers. Glad to see Vettel didn't get away with that overtake.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3109854)   #6
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Gave it 8 because there was a fair amount of action throughout the field, and despite being knackered after a long day yesterday, going down to Castle Combe for the day, I still stayed alert throughout, which always indicates a good race.....
Old 22 Jul 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3109894)   #7
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6 , ok race , I was hoping for a major challenge to Alonso for the lead , my personal opinion (many may disagree) is that the DRS made things a little too easy .
Old 22 Jul 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3109911)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, average - 6. Didn't keep me awake. Good to see some overtaking but much of it carbon-copies into the one overtaking place.....
Old 22 Jul 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3109932)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Fell asleep after about lap 30-ish, not a good sign. Then I think I woke up for the last few laps. Was kinda dull.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3109962)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it a 6 due so good overtaking
Old 22 Jul 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3110022)   #11
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Not bad. Had some good moments, but also had a period where I went to the wife for some personal entertainment.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3110068)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great start by Alonso and another off track excursion on his first lap by Grosjean. Bad luck for Hamilton with that flat tyre; I don't think he was ever going to recover from that. Some good battles earlier on in the race. They've got enough strips of Astroturf on this track. 7.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3110069)   #13
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 with this year's standards

But how much would you have given for a race like this last year (let alone in say 2002)? I mean we had Saubers overtaking their way from 12th and 13th to 5th and 6th, and the top3 finishing only a few seconds apart with no safety car period... easily an 8 or a 9 I suppose
Old 23 Jul 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3110097)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
6 with this year's standards

But how much would you have given for a race like this last year (let alone in say 2002)? I mean we had Saubers overtaking their way from 12th and 13th to 5th and 6th, and the top3 finishing only a few seconds apart with no safety car period... easily an 8 or a 9 I suppose
Yeah, comparisions always put things in perspective... 6 for this season but 10 for past seasons...
Old 23 Jul 2012, 04:35 (Ref:3110133)   #15
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed. If people were falling asleep halfway during this race, they must have slept their way right through the 90s and early naughties.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3110191)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!

Because there was always plenty of action.

My god Perez is looking really, really good. He charged from 17th or wherever it was upto 6th before pitting....

Shame it took him so long to dispose of The Hulk the second time round, otherwise he might have been able to deal with his teammate before his tyres ran out ofl life.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3110199)   #17
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7, interesting enough but didn't really glue me to the seat edge.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3110261)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 6. There was some good passing here and there(Checo, Kobawashabi, Schumi, Kimi and Vettel's ham-fisted attempt on Button). But it left me a bit underwhelmed. I suppose that I wanted a wet race. Still, maybe I am just being picky.

Next up, the most amazing circuit on the plant - the Boringring (sorry - Hungaroring). I always get them mixed up!
Old 23 Jul 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3110324)   #19
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
While I am delighted with the results, once again I feel we were robbed of an exciting finish because of the bloody tyres.

Another 5 from me for a rubbish Pirelli result.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3110336)   #20
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8, minus 2 points for all the track limit infridgements, plus 1 point for Vettel's penalty.

7 in the end.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3110340)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it was a 7 but i had to minus a point because of all the post race debate and the delayed penalty. although i think it was the right call but just that it was handed down too late.

so much can change in that time. everyone's motives come into question and everything gets dissected...and for what? like them, by next week most of us will probably have a different opinion about it then we did when we first saw it. make the call in the moment and have the courage to stick with it. referees do this all the time. sometimes it sucks but thats life.

so with a minus point the race is a 6 for me.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3110341)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
8, minus 2 points for all the track limit infridgements, plus 1 point for Vettel's penalty.

7 in the end.
didnt see your post before posting mine but i love the minus points
Old 23 Jul 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3110347)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's all getting too complicated to vote uhn ? Too much math.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3110351)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I voted 7.

I started at 7. I took a point off because of the relatively low attendance, added 2 because Kobayashi kept dicing with people, multiplied it by the length of the race before Massa hit someone, divided it by the additional time it took Hamilton to get a puncture, rounded it down to the nearest whole number and added the weight of the biscuit packet on my desk in kilos.

Which, all taken together, came to 7.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3110352)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
the perfect answer