Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Sep 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3769702)   #126
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair to Martin, I was the observer on the exit of Redgate so I was an awful lot closer than him, and I didn't see it either as the Nissan was in the way.

I did see the smoke as they bundled through Hollywood, but they were long past me at that stage.

Highlight for me was the #33 recovery drive after spinning at Foggy's. That was a cracking piece of driving.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3769793)   #127
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
To be fair to Martin, I was the observer on the exit of Redgate so I was an awful lot closer than him, and I didn't see it either as the Nissan was in the way.

I did see the smoke as they bundled through Hollywood, but they were long past me at that stage.

Highlight for me was the #33 recovery drive after spinning at Foggy's. That was a cracking piece of driving.
I was in the spectator banks just behind you and did see it - possibly due to being slightly higher and able to see over the Nissan. I did wonder if it was a clumsy team order at the time. At least you got a close up of the GT4 Nissan a few laps later - the infield grass and Redgate gravel trap didn't slow it down much.

Edited to add: I see than Minshaw & Keen were excluded from the results due to overtaking under yellows - does anyone know where this occurred as I've not had a chance to watch the TV coverage yet.
Old 26 Sep 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3769894)   #128
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
I was in the spectator banks just behind you and did see it - possibly due to being slightly higher and able to see over the Nissan. I did wonder if it was a clumsy team order at the time. At least you got a close up of the GT4 Nissan a few laps later - the infield grass and Redgate gravel trap didn't slow it down much.
I think I also had observation overload, trying to watch all the cars at the same time is quite tricky!

The #53 prang was surprisingly big but the guys had it all mopped up inside 4 minutes. We were 'Team Goldilocks' at the weekend - not too many, not too few, but just right

Quote:
Edited to add: I see than Minshaw & Keen were excluded from the results due to overtaking under yellows - does anyone know where this occurred as I've not had a chance to watch the TV coverage yet.
I think it may have been between Coppice & Foggy's, when a car had pulled off on the right hand side. I vaguely recall hearing a radio call but didn't take a great deal of notice at the time as I had something else to report.
Old 26 Sep 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3769899)   #129
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post

Interesting that the exclusion happened some time after the race. I know this is quite normal but I wonder if they would have been excluded if they had just "won " the Championship! Glad I am not a Steward!!!