Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Dec 2014, 06:00 (Ref:3488355)   #51
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Why not, the gathering is tomorrow, not yesterday........

I"ll await travel report then.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3488390)   #52
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Weather sunny, but cold, no known traffic problems, should be OK to travel.

Hopefully see you there.

Bauble.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3488397)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Have a great time all, I still have this blooming flu and also a couple of work issues so will not be along. All the very best for 2015.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3488406)   #54
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
We're on our way should be there by about five
Old 29 Dec 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3488445)   #55
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just got home, easy run down M1 this morning, completely lost on/off North Circular. Arrived to find Mike and Steve there, eventually a number of other faces drifted in, A rather rude lady; "Who's this then." gesturing to the famous Bauble.

Hi! Clare!

A couple of Falce's turned up, Cliff Ryan, Ian P and son. John , Jim, plus some I can't immediately remember.

North Circular a nightmare coming back, M1 fine.

Good company, as long as you were interested in historic cars.

Good to put faces to names.

Bob.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3488447)   #56
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Apologies Bob I didn't mean to be rude it's just the rest know me and I know them so I'm just rude to them ha ha

Great to see you all (Colin Ian B and son then Jim Uncle Eric Mike David Tim Cliff John and of course Bob ) that of course was in no particular order

It just remains for me to thank you all for your company and to all at ten tenths I wish you a very happy and safe 2015 xx hope you can come race with us at one of the events we have next year

God bless

Claire
Old 29 Dec 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3488451)   #57
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
We had a nice afternoon and it was great to see everyone again, especially John S who is such a pleasure to talk to.
Happy new year to one and all at Tenths.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3488461)   #58
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A better run back than when going there, thank goodness. Lots of salt spreading going on, my car will probably have dissolved by the morning!

Simpson vs Hans play off in the car park, 3 - 0 to Simpson I believe. Very useful exercise,so thanks due to Cliff for that, and Happy New Year to all the 10thers who didn't make it along
Old 29 Dec 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3488472)   #59
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
It was really great to see everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. There's no point in yet another roll call but thanks to Tim Falce, and David Smith for looking after me and a special thank you to Claire Smith for organising things and nagging me into actually making the journey .

Wishing everybody a happy and safe New Year.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3488477)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
My thanks to Cliff also for bringing the two different FHRs for us to compare. I wonder if the folk in the car park worked out what the strange bods were playing about with baclavas and crash hats for!

Great to catch up a bit with those than attended. My journey from home to the Ace by foot, rail and tube was on time and without hitch, plus no salt encrusted bolide to wash........

Grant, apologies for not noticing your post regarding making the thread sticky. Bit too subtle, maybe!

May 2015 be a good and safe one for our sport. Best wishes and luck to all tenthers!
Old 29 Dec 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3488482)   #61
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Smashing, great to see you all, look forward to a very interesting 2015, good luck everyone.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 29 Dec 2014, 21:55 (Ref:3488497)   #62
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grant - I picked it up

Great to see the 'quality' crowd attending and talk racing, Claire you were just being your normal forceful self. I'm sure I even saw Tim smile at one point!

I must admit I felt like a travelling salesman peddling my goods in the car park and am really glad it helped Mike & Colin.

Happy Healthy & Safe New Year to all
Old 29 Dec 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3488513)   #63
IanBankhurst
Rookie

England
Oakham
IanBankhurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks all for the chat and the tea. We have only just arrived home, though we did have to take in a panto on the way. (Oh no you didnt etc). Happy new year all from matt and i
Old 30 Dec 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3488561)   #64
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Grant, apologies for not noticing your post regarding making the thread sticky. Bit too subtle, maybe!
Mike, I just thought you were doing the correct thing and ignoring it! I would have done.

Old 30 Dec 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3488767)   #65
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I twigged Grant, but only because we have a fridge full of the stuff. we're having a Greek-themed Hogmanay, which as you know is very traditional where I come from
Old 31 Dec 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3488913)   #66
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
I twigged Grant, but only because we have a fridge full of the stuff. we're having a Greek-themed Hogmanay, which as you know is very traditional where I come from
I have no idea what you lot are on about, and frankly I think it does me credit!

I have lead a very sheltered life.

St Babel.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3488943)   #67
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have no idea what you lot are on about, and frankly I think it does me credit.
I could explain Bob, but most likely half of those that read this stuff would lose the will to live while I did so.

P.S. The clue is in my mis-spelling of 'balaclava'......
Old 31 Dec 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3488948)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Baclava is a Turkish, or if you like, Greek pastry which essentially consists of honey and er pastry. Not good when fitting a HANS and also sticky. A BALACLAVA is, on the other hand, inedible.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3488959)   #69
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greek themed Hogmanay? Sounds a bit Irish.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3488969)   #70
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Baclava is a Turkish, or if you like, Greek pastry which essentially consists of honey and er pastry. Not good when fitting a HANS and also sticky. A BALACLAVA is, on the other hand, inedible.
I must get out more.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3489009)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Baclava
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20141231_210548.jpg  
Old 31 Dec 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3489013)   #72
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Peter- Is that Colin's fridge?

Bob- Yes.

Grant- Told you too subtle!

Old 31 Dec 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3489028)   #73
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Baclava
So sticky they display it on vertical shelves.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 01:49 (Ref:3489068)   #74
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post

Kent?

Well, I suppose there might be a spreading influence from new arrivals to the area.

Did you take your sticky Hogmanay out to the people or did the people come to you?

If the latter I may be able to recommend some good upholsterers and wooden furniture re-finishers ....

Old 1 Jan 2015, 01:58 (Ref:3489073)   #75
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
The retsina-tzaziki-moussaka-baclava seemed to go down very well according to the neighbours, we never actually made it as far as the cheese. I think the ouzo was the final nail. Whether the threatened 07.30 bike ride happens is yet to be seen.