Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2015, 11:28 (Ref:3495504)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Masters 4 hour pre 66 GT and TC race at Donington

Looks like they might have a gem of a race here... Spa 6 Hour without the agg of schlepping to Belgium. I have tried to get more information from their website but sadly they do not have it there... anyone knwo more than the email we all got this morning?
Old 23 Jan 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3495539)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Looks like they might have a gem of a race here... Spa 6 Hour without the agg of schlepping to Belgium. I have tried to get more information from their website but sadly they do not have it there... anyone knwo more than the email we all got this morning?

Mmmm, 4hrs round Donny or 6hrs round Spa. I'll put up with the 'agg of schlepping' to the latter.....

Don't know any more than you Simon, but assume from email and release on website that GT40s are in. So same as Spa 6 eligibility? Only that grid, SRM and 70s Celebration of Masters, rest of w/end is BRSCC. And clashes with Stoke Row!

Old 23 Jan 2015, 13:30 (Ref:3495548)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GT40's have always been in the 6 hour as well. Dont get me wrong - I am already signed up and part paid for the Six Hour but this could become a great race along with Snet 3 hour (now that they have seperated the B8's)

To be honest if they can fill the rest of the weekend with BRSCC races than Masters will not be at so much risk which of course is good for us the paying punter!

We all cry out for more long distance races so we should be supportive of them when they come up! I just wish that they had told us earlier as I have committed to a pretty extensive (for me) programme already. Having said that budget allowing I will put an entry in..
Old 23 Jan 2015, 18:08 (Ref:3495651)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Sounds great, but I wouldn't throw my car in the mix, neither would they want it!
Old 23 Jan 2015, 20:00 (Ref:3495698)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I am already signed up and part paid for the Six Hour but this could become a great race along with Snet 3 hour (now that they have seperated the B8's)

We all cry out for more long distance races so we should be supportive of them when they come up.
See you at Spa then Simon! Agree about the potential for this Donington 4hr, and the 'joint venture' with BRSCC. However, for me this year only Masters events will be at are those where their other FIA Championship is racing, although I won't be- except at Spa.......

Old 23 Jan 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3495720)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mmmm, 4hrs round Donny or 6hrs round Spa. I'll put up with the 'agg of schlepping' to the latter..... :laugh

What's wrong with Donington? Not that I am part of the audience this is aimed at but I'd prefer Donington - but then I'd have to put up with the 5 min agg of schlepping home for lunch between practice and the race, lol.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3495890)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
What's wrong with Donington? Not that I am part of the audience this is aimed at but I'd prefer Donington - but then I'd have to put up with the 5 min agg of schlepping home for lunch between practice and the race, lol.
Nothing wrong with the place, but personally, if budget / time was available for one race only, I would chose to do the Spa 6!

Old 24 Jan 2015, 08:56 (Ref:3495913)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Nothing wrong with the place, but personally, if budget / time was available for one race only, I would chose to do the Spa 6!

Mike I guess that is the nub of the issue, Spa is without doubt very special but it comes at the end of the season which is not ideal and it's virtually a week and a lot of money as I am sure I don't need to tell you...

With Snet 3 Hor and now this race along with the various one hour races from GTSCC and Masters and Pre 63 there is a lot of UK endurance racing which is superb. My only regret is that only Donington caters for Touring Cars
Old 24 Jan 2015, 10:06 (Ref:3495919)   #9
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Spa is special but the budget for one race at Spa will allow 2 x 4 hour races in the UK (or the Donington 4 and Snetterton 3), and that's where my money would go.each to there own,I guess.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3495967)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Spa is 3 days after Woodgood as well, virtually impossible for mere mortals.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3495989)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Not sure how much Masters will be expecting entrants to cough up for 4hrs at Donington, so Im not going to agree or disagree with Andys comment!

Joe, not all of us mere mortals race at the Revival every year, or are involved in the theatre production!
Old 24 Jan 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3496130)   #12
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you taking Gilbert back to Spa again this year Mike?
Old 25 Jan 2015, 07:45 (Ref:3496755)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Entry's in, Gary. I think by time all costs added in, two weekends racing 7hrs in UK, plus 2 x pre-race track time- and on L's rather than Avons- Spa wouldn't be that much more. Not that I'm bothering to work it out!

Having done Autosport 3hr a few times, and of course the 360 6hrs similarly, I welcome any endurance race for older cars in UK. But this year my target is elsewhere.....
Old 25 Jan 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3496862)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The first two hours at Spa are the greatest annual spectical in Historic Racing.

Thirty or so cars at Donington is not the same.
Old 25 Jan 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3496900)   #15
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Short, sweet & to the point as ever John!