Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3347940)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Walter Hayes Trophy

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Chart_...ar_2014_V8.pdf
Old 25 Oct 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3468342)   #2
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
time to drag this up

I will do it for the first time ever

HSCC open wheel

in my Mitter Formula Junior

anybody else ?
WH i mean, not racing a Mitter....

Rudolf
Old 26 Oct 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3468627)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I will be there ,Not sure if I will drive, my friend who owns the Oliroy F3 car is going to race the car. Be great listning to that Two Stroke again Rudolf.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3468745)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depending on my circs, I will try to get along to say hi and take a few pics.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3468769)   #5
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I will be there ,Not sure if I will drive, my friend who owns the Oliroy F3 car is going to race the car. Be great listning to that Two Stroke again Rudolf.

reeeng deeennng deeeengggg

actually 2 x 2 strokes as my friend Tim Bishop will race my other stroker

R.E.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3468851)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha I was going to try and emulate the noise . Very good try Rudolf
Old 27 Oct 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3469020)   #7
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
reng deng deng

thats a common east German two stroke joke

Trabants are supposed to sound like that
and they do..

Rudolf
Old 27 Oct 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3469030)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes my first time at the old Hockenheim I woke up to the sound of all the Trebants going to scrutineering. Happy days.I also remember the Germans not being very happy with me as I stuck our sports 2000 on pole.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3470801)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Came looking for you guys yesterday but sadly nobody around. However got lots of pics and some of them include this car. Other pics are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/409819...7649080752172/
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6092_10-10s.jpg  

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 2 Nov 2014 at 11:23.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 12:13 (Ref:3470820)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sorry Peter, we were out of there by 2.30.Had lots to discuss with Alan Morgan over a couple of pints or three.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3470823)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I see they got 29 entries for the closed wheel Ladies Handicap race- that's impressive. Cars from a Gallardo to an MG Midget. Excellent idea, hope it get's some publicity.

Old 2 Nov 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3470862)   #12
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got there at about 1100 today but could not see anyone either! Great racing though and in some pretty foul weather

Award for bravery of the day goes to the lunatic in the CanAm motor.... Apparently 850 horses of it in the wet!
Old 2 Nov 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3470876)   #13
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
First time at the WHT for me today. Great event.

Mallock's historic win was great and Boyd's charge to the WHT was brutal. I was up t Becketts and those chaps were all working for it today. Brilliant.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3470942)   #14
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the lunatic in the CanAm motor
Dave Coyne in a March 717, apparently only three in the world.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3470948)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I saw the orange helmet, but contrived to be pointing the lens elsewhere every time you went by.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3470956)   #16
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Dave Coyne in a March 717, apparently only three in the world.
That must of been worth the admission price alone!
Old 3 Nov 2014, 00:45 (Ref:3471002)   #17
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I saw the orange helmet, but contrived to be pointing the lens elsewhere every time you went by.
Obviously a man with sound judgement.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3471231)   #18
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
The beast!
Attached Thumbnails
10301129_10152798066218948_3121019836206421674_n.jpg  
Old 3 Nov 2014, 17:44 (Ref:3471253)   #19
Cookie2000
Rookie

England
England
Cookie2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
The beast!
Looks very similar to the photo on my facebook page Ian!!
Old 3 Nov 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3471269)   #20
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ladies race

Hi guys , Just seen your post Mike. I was in the ladies race in the Warwick. Stupid weather, more water than track visible, couldn't see a thing but good fun. Warwick oldest car, Gaillardo newest and everything in between! I have put a couple of posts on the club racing forum as unfortunately not everyone there agreed with it and thought that it was patronising to the women. Oh well, so I had to put my point and if anyone is interested in having a look they will see what I mean. I despair sometimes!
Old 3 Nov 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3471293)   #21
Beany
Rookie

England
Aldershot, Hampshire
Beany should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first time racing at the WHT and the most fun i've had all year. Plus as it's the last race of the year you can give the car a proper spanking!

It's already scribbled in my 2015 calender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loDjQb3DYV8
Old 3 Nov 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3471345)   #22
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave Coyne - Rock Ape, wonderful drive - oh what he could/should have been….

BvB
Old 3 Nov 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3471383)   #23
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The WHT - as my friend says the best kept secret in motor racing....

I always go for the finest, most exciting, precise and perfect racing anywhere in the world - and get it every year. Becketts is best but then probably anywhere 'round the circuit is- such is the action.

The reality of winning for this meeting is to win your heats and stay on....a formula that makes for very close and beautiful racing.

PS Brilliant support races too BTW ESPECIALLY the Ladies race. Thanks Celia & co for a great multi type car spectacle.

PS I was the idiot leaping and waving at Becketts.......to the embarrassment of my friends..

Last edited by dikko; 3 Nov 2014 at 23:26. Reason: manners.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 07:23 (Ref:3471458)   #24
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
That must of been worth the admission price alone!
The noise it made certainly was!
Old 4 Nov 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3471460)   #25
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed another fabulous Walter Hayes trophy meeting! Fantastic racing and lots of drama. Can't wait til next year!

I've uploaded some photos from the weekend, hope you like them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/992298...7648708174540/