Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Nov 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3476592)   #26
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian,
No problem ! I spoke to a young gent called Harry who seemed fully clued-up and the decision had only just been taken not to offer the test.
Nick
Old 19 Nov 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3476609)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Funny just had e mail from Motor Racing Medics. Stressed ECG and Medical £370.00 plus VAT.They will be at Autosport and Race Retro.You got to ring and book.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3476624)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Funny just had e mail from Motor Racing Medics. Stressed ECG and Medical £370.00 plus VAT.They will be at Autosport and Race Retro.You got to ring and book.
I've used their service at a show last couple of occasions have needed ECG, and it's worked perfectly.

I'd also add that my right knee joint is worn and gives me gyp at times, but the treadmill didn't cause any pain....

Old 19 Nov 2014, 17:55 (Ref:3476627)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having had to undergo yet another ECG stress test recently, it was conducted at a local private hospital on behalf of my NHS trust.

Having "googled" 'private ECG stress tests', it would appear that many private health institutions are able to offer the tests in locations around the country. Might be worth a call to some of them.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3476687)   #30
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We had a bum steer then Nick. Sorry.
oh dear, that was me. Sorry gents. Cracking place too....
Old 20 Nov 2014, 06:49 (Ref:3476812)   #31
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Makes my €35 sound like good value Iain-you coming over anytime soon.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3477531)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Renewal form arrived, thankfully! All looks very familiar......

Old 24 Nov 2014, 15:21 (Ref:3478247)   #33
Normal Bloke
Rookie

Normal Bloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fellas,
As a physio working in private practice and amateur racing driver, I can tell you what you probably already know......that as soon as you mention the word "motorsport", everyone adds a nought or two to their usual price.
Unfortunately I am not a doctor (I am a health professional but not medically qualified - there's a BIG difference) so I cannot offer any ECG (stressed or otherwise) test and measurement services. However, my tip would be.....use all the connections and networks you may have, including the old school tie, etc to get a fair deal. No way is a stressed ECG worth £375+VAT, it's barmy!
Old 24 Nov 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3478249)   #34
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It wont let me complete mine online, it did the year before last, and I thought the price hadn't gone up, I don't remember paying £90 last year.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3478257)   #35
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It wont let me complete mine online, it did the year before last, and I thought the price hadn't gone up, I don't remember paying £90 last year.
Neither do I - it was £85.
MSA speak with forked tongue.
Wouldn't be the first time, nor last I expect.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3478279)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
If you need a med or either ECG, or are UNDER 18 years old, Tim, you can't renew online. But you probably know that....

Int C only gone up 6 Squid, so less percentage wise!

Agree re stress ECG costs.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3478344)   #37
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I don't need a medical but I think it's down to the fact I ticked yes to being treated for high blood pressure
Old 24 Nov 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3478355)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I don't need a medical but I think it's down to the fact I ticked yes to being treated for high blood pressure
Ahhh, so 'the computer says No'....... Presume nowhere to put details in 'box provided' like on the form!
Old 24 Nov 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3478364)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ah was that after you fitted that door Tim
Old 25 Nov 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3478562)   #40
Alex Morton
Rookie

England
Hampshire
Alex Morton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Further to my mail of 14th Nov, SCVC £240 for treadmill SR ECG. See web page below.
www.scvc.co.uk/services/racing-stress-test-ecgs.aspx
Old 25 Nov 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3478609)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So glad I got mine done over here! Harlow used to charge £130 for new customers, that then dropped to a hundred after going there a while.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 22:45 (Ref:3478711)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I used to know a young (bit of stuff) doctor with a mini skirt that did the ECG and medical for nothing, but when she used to take my blood pressure it was always a little on the high side !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Nov 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3479915)   #43
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I sent my licence form off on Monday and on Wednesday afternoon I got an email saying it was going to printing and my credit card is now £90 lighter.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3480375)   #44
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
IIRC it's only the Nat B licences that haven't gone up. You Nat A drivers only want them so you can beggar off sur le continent so can afford the price rise.

Not sure whether I'm going to renew mine this year or not. My helmet expires and retirement beckons!
Old 2 Dec 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3481138)   #45
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Ninety quid or not my licence turned up today, 8 days so not bad.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3481143)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I posted my application yesterday, and got email this afternoon to say that it has gone for print.....