Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3688317)   #76
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It seems like Ron Dennis will be leaving McLaren shortly but it will not be his choice.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127064

I can't see it being the same team without Dennis being involved as he has been its leader for over the last 30 years.
You reap what you sow.....
Old 15 Nov 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3688345)   #77
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Ron Dennis is going on gardening leave and will no longer be chairman and chief executive of the McLaren Technology Group.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127123

What will McLaren be without RD involved, interesting times ahead.
indeed interesting times ahead. sounds like he still has some fight left in him so i hope he can find a way back!
Old 15 Nov 2016, 20:58 (Ref:3688350)   #78
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the way the world is. Those that put all the hard work in, spending time away from there families to make a company into the automotive and technology giant it is today, thrown to the wolves by the money men.
Old 15 Nov 2016, 22:37 (Ref:3688365)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpolinski View Post
That's the way the world is. Those that put all the hard work in, spending time away from there families to make a company into the automotive and technology giant it is today, thrown to the wolves by the money men.
Don't think for a moment that Mr Dennis didn't have a hand in his own demise... there were said to be options... and they didn't get activated...

I don't think Mr Dennis will be short of a bob..

Be nice to see him take over a small team and go again... does he have that kind of fight left in him at 69 years old?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Nov 2016, 23:00 (Ref:3688368)   #80
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted for him. What he's done at McLaren is exceptional. Remarkable. Ronspeak - fascinated to see what he does next.

I think the BBC has guessed right on who will take over, and the move probably happened a month or two back.
Old 15 Nov 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3688373)   #81
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
All of the money men have an inflated sense of their own importance, and will now damage their investment in McLaren trying to prove just how important they are.
Ron needs to go and have a chat with Bernie on how to handle them.

Be interesting to see what Ron could do at Manor with $1.65Bn and his own resources and contacts.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3688379)   #82
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Zak Brown would be a big change. This does leave Jost Capito's position looking shaky.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 01:22 (Ref:3688392)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
All of the money men have an inflated sense of their own importance, and will now damage their investment in McLaren trying to prove just how important they are.
Ron needs to go and have a chat with Bernie on how to handle them.

Be interesting to see what Ron could do at Manor with $1.65Bn and his own resources and contacts.
Force India might be more fun...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Nov 2016, 06:14 (Ref:3688421)   #84
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Force India might be more fun...
Very good point!
Old 16 Nov 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3688476)   #85
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
i ship it.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3688480)   #86
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This really does not surprise me, Ron has made just too many enemies in F1, and its gone around and finally caught up with him, his war with Max Mosely effectivley resulted in the 100m$ fine when they finally got caught red handed via Alonsos e-mails, then the final straw happened when Ron tried to oust Mansor when he was in hospital having a lung transplant.......what a nice bloke - not.

Also the word Autocratic is very relevant here, Rons style of management is very much dated, I know many people that work at McLaren and they fear for their jobs on a daily basis, McLaren have this efficiency spot-light, and when they shine it upon you, it can inevitably end up in you losing your job and livelihood, as has happened to many people, you cannot manage people by fear, you must inspire, and Ron does not inspire people, he scares them. Every top designer he has ever had he has royally upset them and they left to achieve better things at other teams, Barnard and Newey to name a few.

Also the elephant in the room is the lack of a headline sponsor, a complete failure on Rons behalf.

I must say I do think Zak Brown is without a doubt the man for the job, and a shrewd move by the remaining investors. Zak occasionally takes both of his sons down to Buckmore for the MSA kart race days which we also race at with my son in cadets. He turns up with his united Autosports team, he parks his Lamborghini Aventador in the paddock, and has Terry Fullerton coaching his 2 sons, epic!....... its great to see this sort of guy turn up to a grass roots karting event, he definatley understands the sport and its commercial aspects thoroughly, which I think was Rons downfall, I can imagine he just turned off potential sponsors with his abrasive style. For sure Honda need to up their game significantly, but the McLaren chassis and team is still well below acceptable standards.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3688519)   #87
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't cry for him. The creator of the Pirahna Club who shafted Frank Williams whilst he laid in Hospital and yet claimed to be a friend and it seems did the same to long time friend Ohjie .....Live bythesword etc....
Old 16 Nov 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3688520)   #88
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Don't think for a moment that Mr Dennis didn't have a hand in his own demise... there were said to be options... and they didn't get activated...

I don't think Mr Dennis will be short of a bob..

Be nice to see him take over a small team and go again... does he have that kind of fight left in him at 69 years old?

I cannot for a moment see him "slumming it in a Poop team"!
Old 16 Nov 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3688552)   #89
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But Zak Brown is already running Motorsport Network - is he likely to give that up for McLaren?
Old 16 Nov 2016, 16:38 (Ref:3688559)   #90
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
along the same lines, i noticed autosport.com published a very tactically timed letter from the chairman today...
Old 17 Nov 2016, 02:02 (Ref:3688758)   #91
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i ship it.
Sorry Bella, too subtle for me, I have no idea what you mean!

Peter Windsor's take on Ron's departure - Purely Personal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Zhw5lK6dc
Old 20 Dec 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3697339)   #92
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Pat Symonds leaves Williams?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 13:53 (Ref:3697341)   #93
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Pat Symonds leaves Williams?
Is that to make room for Paddy Lowe?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 13:58 (Ref:3697342)   #94
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My impression from a few weeks ago was that Symonds was likely to retire or take up a less taxing role somewhere else.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3697399)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bit of a shock, just like that Pat leaving, lot of staff have left teams in the past 12 months
Old 20 Dec 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3697413)   #96
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Bit of a shock, just like that Pat leaving, lot of staff have left teams in the past 12 months
Autosport just confirmed massa back at Williams for 2017.....I bet Bernie had a hand in that, he needs a big south american driver to satisfy the biggest TV viewing audience.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3697436)   #97
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe I'm a bit cynical,or as Frank Williams might say,realistic.Pat Symonds may well be stepping down from his position thats not quite the same as leaving the team and it may mean they will invent a job for him to keep him tied up until his knowledge of the new car is of no use to anybody else.His move will presumably leave a Paddy Lowe sized hole in the organisation and the cost of Mercedes engines may be substantially reduced if Mr Bottas is released to fill the Rosberg sized hole at Brackley.I can't imagine Williams will want two drivers who in F1 terms have L-plates and if Felipe Massa can overcome the embarrassment of aping Frank Sinatra,we know what comes next.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 08:43 (Ref:3697541)   #98
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Autosport just confirmed massa back at Williams for 2017.....I bet Bernie had a hand in that, he needs a big south american driver to satisfy the biggest TV viewing audience.
Martini had a hand in it, as they need a driver over 25 for contractual reasons.
Old 21 Dec 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3697676)   #99
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Is that to make room for Paddy Lowe?
Lowe seems to be the F1 version of the Dark Knight! When ever he arrives senior legends leave by the nearest exiT!
Old 11 Jan 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3701772)   #100
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Frederic Vasseur has resigned from Renault after differences with senior managment.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38582110

I wonder what is going on behind the scences?