Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Mar 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3811550)   #626
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivozet View Post
Do they have intention to publish any entry list?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...37872516304232

Just published. 13 for round 1.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3811583)   #627
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
so that’s confirmed; only 9 full season entries
doesn’t matter how anyone wants to dress it up, thats just pathetic
Old 28 Mar 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3811584)   #628
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks good for Moffat... or Moffatt, as the list says...
Old 28 Mar 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3811600)   #629
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Thanks for posting that, again.

So out of curiosity what woukd you suggest the organisers do differently to get a bigger field?
Old 28 Mar 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3811609)   #630
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Almost as pathetic as what the BTCC had in 2001 with the BTC-T class which i believe had less than 9 of the full season entries the TCR UK has (For a main class btw). Look where that is now

I hope TCR UK does prove successful over the coming years and the fact that the 1st round is actually happening should be applauded. There have been a few upstarts that have tried but never got to the first round.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3811611)   #631
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Thanks for posting that, again.

So out of curiosity what woukd you suggest the organisers do differently to get a bigger field?
By not throwing in yet ANOTHER championship/series into an already highly congested mess that is UK club racing.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3811614)   #632
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Too late for that now, the horse has bolted.

Quite simply they are trying to sell a product into a crowded market, they've dismally failed with marketing and the costs are not much of a saving over a well known household alternative. Add lack of a unique selling point, no big name drivers or teams and you're lacking box office appeal.

I have VIP tickets and the reality is I don't think I'm going to waste my time and money going... unless I'm seriously bored by then. Allotment could do with some work...
Old 28 Mar 2018, 21:18 (Ref:3811615)   #633
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
By not throwing in yet ANOTHER championship/series into an already highly congested mess that is UK club racing.
But TCR isn't a club series. It's only being given that label by the organiser to get it off the ground!

TCR is a national or international level category, no?!
Old 28 Mar 2018, 21:19 (Ref:3811616)   #634
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Are the costs really higher than running a BTCC car?
Certainly if we're talking Continental jollying. Young Josh Price will tell you that. For UK I think you're potentiality at or around #HARD money, although paying Tony for a ride is just that: a ride. The motor ain't yours to keep.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3811628)   #635
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
Almost as pathetic as what the BTCC had in 2001 with the BTC-T class which i believe had less than 9 of the full season entries the TCR UK has (For a main class btw). Look where that is now

I hope TCR UK does prove successful over the coming years and the fact that the 1st round is actually happening should be applauded. There have been a few upstarts that have tried but never got to the first round.
If they manage to have 12 cars every round I would be satisfied. It's a brand new series, give it a season time to grow.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3811633)   #636
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yet for some reason, the entry list for the meeting published on the event page of the BRSCC web site doesn't show a list of TCR entries at all which is odd for the promotor of the series.

http://www.brscc.co.uk/sites/default...try%20List.pdf

Still, a decent entry for everything else and the weather looks like holding out so I'm looking forward to this.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3811637)   #637
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Still, a decent entry for everything else and the weather looks like holding out so I'm looking forward to this.
Some good supports running, that's for sure.

I'll be there in an orange role of one sort or another on Sunday.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 22:46 (Ref:3811640)   #638
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some interesting names on those entry lists.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 22:52 (Ref:3811641)   #639
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
But TCR isn't a club series. It's only being given that label by the organiser to get it off the ground!

TCR is a national or international level category, no?!
I think the term 'expensive club racing' is quite right for TCR UK.

I don't think it really matters what it is labelled as, anyway. Everyone will have a different view on what counts as 'club' racing and what doesn't! It still doesn't change the facts- the UK racing (national, club- whatever) market is overflowing and has been for a while.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 22:54 (Ref:3811642)   #640
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I have VIP tickets and the reality is I don't think I'm going to waste my time and money going... unless I'm seriously bored by then. Allotment could do with some work...
You should still go, most of the other championships in attendance (Civic Cup, MX5s, Formula Ford) are fantastic and have 30+ car grids. The HRDC races on Sunday are also full and provide a great mix of cars. Having TCR there is just effectively replacing what would have been one or two extra (and much better) BRSCC categories in previous years. Just use their sessions as time to walk the paddock or grab a bite to eat.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3811671)   #641
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
In the UK series? Where?
Not in the series, but in the development of the cars worldwide.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 06:49 (Ref:3811680)   #642
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Too late for that now, the horse has bolted.

Quite simply they are trying to sell a product into a crowded market, they've dismally failed with marketing and the costs are not much of a saving over a well known household alternative. Add lack of a unique selling point, no big name drivers or teams and you're lacking box office appeal.

I think one thing it does show (and to be honest I don't think this is something we didn't already know) is the absolute dominance that the BTCC has on the UK racing scene in terms of marketing and exposure- Given the scenarios that 850Estate suggested a few posts back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Creates an interesting question. Put yourself in one of two scenarios:

1. You're a hot young talent, but underfunded (lets say a Jake Hill type).
2. Your a gentleman driver who won't be troubling the front end of the grid, but want maximum business exposure (lets say a Martin Depper type)

Given the greater prestige, coverage and audiences I can't really see why anyone would choose TCRUK over the BTCC.

A front-running car in TCR vs a Team Hard or AMD (with no disrespect intended to those teams) drive? Which would you choose?
....it genuinely does seem that the ambitious young tin-top racer would rather spend his/her budget on a season of finishing somewhere around 15th in the BTCC, presumably hoping that it will bring enough TV exposure to help find the sponsorship needed to buy a more competitive ride for next year, than taking a different route and actually standing the chance of winning something...
Old 29 Mar 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3811689)   #643
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
I think one thing it does show (and to be honest I don't think this is something we didn't already know) is the absolute dominance that the BTCC has on the UK racing scene in terms of marketing and exposure- Given the scenarios that 850Estate suggested a few posts back...

....it genuinely does seem that the ambitious young tin-top racer would rather spend his/her budget on a season of finishing somewhere around 15th in the BTCC, presumably hoping that it will bring enough TV exposure to help find the sponsorship needed to buy a more competitive ride for next year, than taking a different route and actually standing the chance of winning something...
Especially now the btcc gives points to 15th, there's the Jack Sears Trophy for a podium visit and the reverse grid now goes down to 12th. Midfielders now have some more things to aim for.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 09:38 (Ref:3811710)   #644
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And it's also the whole field has never been closer in the BTCC
Old 29 Mar 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3811748)   #645
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Streaming will be on motorsport.tv unsure if they will show it anywhere else 😔
Old 29 Mar 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3811752)   #646
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
LIVE STREAMING AVAILABLE VIA:
• TCR UK Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/tcrukseries/
• TCR UK website - http://www.tcruk.co.uk
• TCR hub - http://www.tcr-series.com
• TCR UK YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcX...6Igi0Sohld6bNg
• Motor Trend On Demand - https://subscribe.motortrendondemand.com
• Motorsport TV online platform - https://motorsport.tv/
Old 29 Mar 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3811769)   #647
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BRSCC YouTube channel will have a stream as well.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 16:22 (Ref:3811772)   #648
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More sources of live streaming than actual entries?
Old 29 Mar 2018, 16:31 (Ref:3811775)   #649
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit gutted that I wont be able to make it this weekend, was looking forward to seeing the new cars out and also to show a bit support as after going to Not-Media Day test i quite like the look and sound of the TCR cars.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3811793)   #650
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Leave your ticket on the gate for me then. I'm not too worried about the VIP side of things, but saving £15 is another matter