Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 25 Apr 2003, 19:57 (Ref:580966)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FF1600-needs help

Midlands Star of Tommorow has full grids (at Mallory at least) yet Brands over the weekend( and the previous meeting) had six entered!:confused: Whats happening to FF1600's in the South or could it be that old bugbear Entry Fee's? They seem to be doing a deal in the Midlands so why not help out the now suffering "Kent" series before it dies altogether!
Old 25 Apr 2003, 20:31 (Ref:580988)   #2
mpj
Rookie

mpj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
although the star of the midlans gets good grids this season they still arnt as good as what they where a couple of years ago.
most of the top lads went in to radicals and the uni royal challenge for some strange reason.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 07:23 (Ref:581293)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There were only 15 out at Mallory last weekend, Barry - one of the smallest entries I can remember for a race on the full circuit rather than the oval. The NW Championship didn't get big entries at Anglesey - will see what they are like on home turf at Oulton today. Maybe some consolidation is required.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 08:59 (Ref:581336)   #4
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmm...this doesn't bode well for a Kent FF Festival entry at all!
Old 26 Apr 2003, 17:20 (Ref:581529)   #5
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't worry Snapper

Castle Combe FF1600 grids have been full at both of the races this year, There is no FF1600 @ castle combe in June or July so I am sure a few of us will be down at brands now that the race meetings don't clash. I think tight budgets this year and price upping on entry fee's and BRSCC membership and Championship entry fees have put a tighter budget on doing extra races, so normally i would have liked to do 2 races per month (1 at brands) but moneys tight and Brands is further a field and more expensive so I'll only go there when there is nothing else on, which is gutting as it is a GREAT track. The festival will be full though
Old 26 Apr 2003, 18:09 (Ref:581560)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just got back from the PMC Silverstone meeting on the international circuit. The Midlands FF1600s were out but only 8 cars!
Series sponsor Peter Daly won easily.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 18:46 (Ref:581573)   #7
mpj
Rookie

im glad daly won, top bloke. how did stuart kestenbaum get on.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 19:09 (Ref:581578)   #8
goughy
Racer

goughy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
22 cars in class A at Oulton today, 7 in class B I think. At Anglesey there were more class A cars racing than there ever had been last year, so I think the class is still strong for the NW championship.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 22:09 (Ref:581708)   #9
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the BRSCC entry fees at Brands are putting people off, then try the locally based BARC "On Line Landlord" single seater series. For example TWO races at Snetterton on May 31st/June 1st for just £175. Yes thats for 2 races not 1. Or how about 2 races at Silverstone for £150 on May 18th.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 06:08 (Ref:581843)   #10
pit/boy
Rookie

pit/boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All racing is suffering big time ? and its only the start to the season ? nobody has much money at the moment.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 08:09 (Ref:581882)   #11
mpj
Rookie

as well as the money side of things there are far to many championships these days, that are meaning smaller and smaller grids across the whole of club meetings.
the sooner some championships are scrapped the better, to many meeting clashes, to many championships and to much money is killing the sport.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 08:47 (Ref:581890)   #12
darcym
Veteran

Too many championships is a problem, as to enter a race at that track you have to enter the championship and championship entry fee's are not cheap when you enter more than one, especially for just one race.

Perhaps a few non-championship races would draw a few more poeople, although this doesn't contribute to the grids for championship races.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 18:02 (Ref:582252)   #13
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
I did the Combe meeting which Josh won and it was a decent grid-as most Combe meetings are but why do you do a Combe meeting (FF1600)? Forget the local circuit bit...is it the circuit that appeals, the entry fee's or what? I'd like to know. What Kent festival will get the best entry then Brands or Combe...I understand that last years Combe meeting didn't have a great entry?
Old 28 Apr 2003, 10:39 (Ref:582686)   #14
darcym
Veteran

Hello snapper.

You raise an interesting point.

I personally try to do the local combe races, in addition to a non local race, Brands/Snet/Silvestone etc etc if possible down to cash/competition/distance/time

the entry fees at combe are "ok" (a little lower would be really nice) and the championship is a regular race, that is at a local track so cuts travelling costs and to be honest is good fun. To race at Brands on a more regular basis would be again the championship entry fee, further travelling costs and more time as it is non local I would have to stay over night. the honest thing is I don't have the money or the time to do this on a regular basis, and imagine if I had to do this on each circuit, entry fee's, championship entry fees, travelling etc etc etc etc.

The Brans festical last year was great, full grids great atmos, great driving that will be full again this year, the combe festival was before the brands festival and I think most of the travelling racers had already booked into brands. the 2 heats of the combe festival was around 20 cars per grid for a 30 car final. There was some good racing, but the "buzz" was not there.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 10:40 (Ref:582688)   #15
darcym
Veteran

FYI from a circuit point of view the more varity the better. I really enjoy the different circuits, I don't got to combe because I think it is the "best track"
Old 29 Apr 2003, 16:25 (Ref:583976)   #16
formulafordster
Racer

formulafordster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mpj
im glad daly won, top bloke. how did stuart kestenbaum get on.
Top bloke indead, Kestenbaum was fifth. How long has he been racing? Does anyone know?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 18:53 (Ref:584143)   #17
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Iv'e always had a great interest in FFord racing and have been to every festival at Brands since 1976-superb meeting and have some great memories-including a Mr Daly (Vivion or Dereck M?)landing on the bank just a few feet from me at Paddock (Adrian Fernandez also hit the bank there during that race...hope he stay's away from it this weekend!) I almost started a FF racing magazine a few years ago but never got round to it. I have never done the Combe Festival as it has always clashed with another meeting but I am surprised that Combe constantly gets good grids (nothing against the circuit at all)...surely all the entrants are not local though? darcym, some interesting points and I also hope that the Brands Festival this year will be another great event but recent thin grids down south does make me wonder if the entries will be good enough to warrent a Kent race/races?
Old 30 Apr 2003, 20:02 (Ref:585560)   #18
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Staurt Kestenbaum has been racing since 1844, when he won the Dunlopillow/Autosportable Star of Next Century Series, in his works Reynard 44F (engine by Valvedropper)
Old 30 Apr 2003, 23:12 (Ref:585741)   #19
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1844 ??
Old 2 May 2003, 19:41 (Ref:587898)   #20
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, it was definitely 1844 because I started FF 1600 in 1845 and regularly competed against Stuart in my wooden wheeled Tiga. Soon both Stuart and I will be racing bath chairs round an old peoples home!

Last edited by ss_collins; 3 May 2003 at 17:17.
Old 2 May 2003, 20:30 (Ref:587970)   #21
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol