Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Sep 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3770001)   #626
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It looks as though a considerable amount comes from Kuwait, as well as Italy and/or Switzerland. During 2016, the holding company raised £200 million in a flotation of preference shares, and for the year ending December 2016, the holding company recorded a loss of £162 million. The preceding year the loss was just under £73 million.
I'm not on expert on company finances so I find this very difficult to understand. In layman's terms how does a company with such a poor financial track history become a major sponsor in F1?
Old 26 Sep 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3770005)   #627
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'm not on expert on company finances so I find this very difficult to understand. In layman's terms how does a company with such a poor financial track history become a major sponsor in F1?
sounds like a perfect fit for F1!!
Old 26 Sep 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3770006)   #628
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
sounds like a perfect fit for F1!!
Sad but true I fear
Old 26 Sep 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3770010)   #629
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
One way to keep long suffering investors sweet may be to give them multiple jollies across the world watching the brand they underwrite run around the racetrack..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Sep 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3770407)   #630
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Massa: "I'm sure I have most of the team on my side, especially the engineers and people who know about motor-racing, but at the end of the day you have some other things around that it's maybe not the talent that decides."

God I hope he's not on the F1 grid next year!
Never could like the bloke. Just another whinger who managed to somehow stay in the game longer than he should have.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/15983
Old 29 Sep 2017, 00:22 (Ref:3770412)   #631
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
The same whinger that took the most heart-wrenching WDC loss with the utmost grace?
Old 29 Sep 2017, 01:38 (Ref:3770420)   #632
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Massa: "I'm sure I have most of the team on my side, especially the engineers and people who know about motor-racing, but at the end of the day you have some other things around that it's maybe not the talent that decides."
This bit...

"but at the end of the day you have some other things around that it's maybe not the talent that decides."

...is it not true and also something we complain and talk about here quite frequently?

Richard
Old 29 Sep 2017, 01:48 (Ref:3770424)   #633
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
None of the Williams choices seem particularly sparkling..
Old 29 Sep 2017, 09:27 (Ref:3770502)   #634
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Jolyon Palmer?
Old 29 Sep 2017, 09:52 (Ref:3770503)   #635
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Williams don't seem to have any better options atm than Massa, di Resta and Kubica
Old 29 Sep 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3770562)   #636
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Williams don't seem to have any better options atm than Massa, di Resta and Kubica
*cough* Maldonado *cough*
Old 29 Sep 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3770567)   #637
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
*cough* Maldonado *cough*

Is he still tyre testing?
Old 29 Sep 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3770578)   #638
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Is he still tyre testing?
Yup, still making sure that all the tyre barriers around the world are safe!
Old 29 Sep 2017, 15:34 (Ref:3770590)   #639
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Kubica would make for great press.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 18:21 (Ref:3770611)   #640
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Yes and i think that's what Williams are trying to milk...

Maybe they will rotate the drivers of that car next year with Bob Kub doing the circuits that are the least arduous....
Old 29 Sep 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3770647)   #641
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It is a great story, absolutely

But is MrvKubica going to be able yo drag the team up by the boot straps and win them races?

None of the options mentioned seem to have that on their horizon
Old 30 Sep 2017, 00:38 (Ref:3770655)   #642
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It is a great story, absolutely

But is MrvKubica going to be able yo drag the team up by the boot straps and win them races?

None of the options mentioned seem to have that on their horizon
Mr Kubica at his best was not that flash.

Massa is the only serious choice if Williams are trying to build success.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 05:52 (Ref:3770679)   #643
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Mr Kubica at his best was not that flash.

Massa is the only serious choice if Williams are trying to build success.
Massa is not that quick now, inconsistent and years past his best.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3770714)   #644
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Brendon Hartley...
Old 30 Sep 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3770762)   #645
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Hartley? Didn't he write a fishing book?
Kubica a must. Whether they win or lose with him doesn't matter. It's all about money and sponsors. With him in the car the cameras will never be off him, which is sponsor names on TV screens, which adds to value of advertising space on the cars and loads of money rolling in...So what if they finish 10th in every GP?
Old 1 Oct 2017, 03:34 (Ref:3770836)   #646
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Stroll gold ??
Old 1 Oct 2017, 04:11 (Ref:3770841)   #647
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Hartley? Didn't he write a fishing book?
Kubica a must. Whether they win or lose with him doesn't matter. It's all about money and sponsors. With him in the car the cameras will never be off him, which is sponsor names on TV screens, which adds to value of advertising space on the cars and loads of money rolling in...So what if they finish 10th in every GP?
Back in the old days, winning was ALL that mattered at Williams
Old 1 Oct 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3770860)   #648
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Back in the old days, winning was ALL that mattered at Williams
Sad to say that died a decade or so ago.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3770913)   #649
peebee2
Veteran

With days like today you have to wonder if there could be a change at Haas, to try to get a driver more sensitive to car behaviour in.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3770958)   #650
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Could Mr Bottas find his way back to Williams in 2018?