Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jul 2000, 09:56 (Ref:22720)   #1
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... we think. Check this out, from the founder of the Yahoo! Club V8 Supercars 2000 Championship.

Quote:
It has been officially announced that Craig Lowndes and Mark Skaife will share the No. 1 HRT car at Bathurst this year.

The second car will be driven by Yvan Muller and Jason Plato.

Its almost certain that the HYL car will be driven by Todd Kelly and Mark Noske.

Thank you

Justin
Well, your thoughts?
Old 12 Jul 2000, 16:03 (Ref:22783)   #2
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy **** batman! Woohoo! Let's pray it's true - what a battle that'd be between the two Holdens!
Old 12 Jul 2000, 16:24 (Ref:22788)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well at least they have put the aussies together..allthough i think this may change as the end of the season gets closer...im hoping to head to Winton this weekend for the V8's so i may snoop around and see what I can find out..at first i didnt like the idea but now its growing on me Muller and plato in a HRT car...would be great to see..there was also talk that Mark Blundell wanted to race there as well and lets not forget john cleland who loves the place..this could be our own Bathurst silly season.

BTW welcome back Danielson
Old 12 Jul 2000, 17:34 (Ref:22799)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly question but will Muller move over so that Plato can sit down!!
Old 12 Jul 2000, 18:55 (Ref:22815)   #5
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
BTW welcome back Danielson
Who's Danielson?

Yeah, I would have thought that HRT would do the usual thing, now that the Enduros basically make up the major part of the Shell Championship Series, in terms of points anyway.

Putting Skaife and Lowndes together would seem to hint that - disaster aside - Mark will be 'allowed' to win the Championship. Of course, it could be a good thing, as Lowndes does tend to have much better luck in long distance outings, so maybe HRT are relying on that fact to get Skaifey home...

I can just envisage it now: top of Mount Panorama, there's a flag with Ten-Tenths Motorsport roughly painted on it. Underneath Chris' 'gazebo' is a bunch of Pommy yobbos shouting "MULLER" at the top of their voices, while around the corner lurks a drunken Welshman.

Now that would be something, wouldn't it? Some group of idiots actually clearing a space along Skyline. God help us all...
Old 13 Jul 2000, 07:14 (Ref:22927)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HRT wanted to have international drivers, not locals, so all of their secret "go-quick" bits remain secret...

Also Kristienson has put his hand up, and Cleland hasn't gotten a drive yet...remember Menu will be racing with Larkham...
Old 13 Jul 2000, 12:41 (Ref:22981)   #7
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
... and Matt Neal was supposedly going to race with Cam McLean until he decided to go with factory support with DJR.

Oh, it is official: check out the HRT website...
http://www.hsv.com.au

Yes, fatbloke, I will be asking Mr Crash Test to record the whole thing for me. I wonder if he'll do it for me, given that Mr Falcadore (Hellooooo????) seems to have gone AWOL again?
Old 13 Jul 2000, 12:56 (Ref:22985)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What if there is a corker this weekend from Winton??

I could sort something out where i get all of the good stuff from the rest of the year on a tape...

Hey o you guys over the pond get the ASTC, cause we dont get much of it over here?
Old 13 Jul 2000, 16:51 (Ref:23012)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
what is ASTC ???

im hoping winton is a corker as Im going
Old 13 Jul 2000, 17:42 (Ref:23023)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
I hope the racing's totally krap and it's another HRT whitewash. Can you tell I'm not in the country at the moment?

Yeah, on the serious side of things, it would be nice to see something really different to happen. Maybe Lowndes could have some more trouble and give Skaifey a totally clear run at the title (!) or - better still - there could be a temporary end to the bitter battle over equality in the two makes and see a Ford driver on the top step of the podium. Just make it the bloke they call 'The Rat.'

The Championship is in much need of some spicing up and if there is a 'corker' at Winton (I seem to recall that happened at this track last time out) that would greatly help things.

And just think: in a couple of months' time, y'all can be on top of the Mountain shouting like a mad Pom (I know a few of them already, believe it or not!):
MULLER!! PLATO!!
MULLER!! PLATO!!
MULLER!! PLATO!!
Old 14 Jul 2000, 00:08 (Ref:23102)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
"I'm hoping winton is a corker as Im going"

Well take a good book, because Avesco (or whoever runs the show, i guess thats for the courts to decide...) have scheduled 3 support classes:

FHOLDEN - 16
MIRAGE - 19
PORSCHE - 17
Total -52

Which i would consider to be **** poor...once attrition had done its bit, there int going to be many cars circulating.

Formula Holdesn were fairly boring at QR, there was some close racing, but no real battles (and a lot of breakages to machinery).

Porsches never really race that hard becausethey dont want the cars to get bent, and the Mirages are a Luff benefit becuase his old man prepares the cars...

Enjoy it all the same
Old 16 Jul 2000, 00:59 (Ref:23425)   #12
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've often wondered why AVESCO go out of their way to put on the most boring support program imaginable. Is it because they are trying to make their precious show seem better than it really is by ensuring that their is no chance of being upstaged by another competition.

Although to be fair, the trucks have undercut the V8s for the next meeting at QR.
Old 16 Jul 2000, 12:04 (Ref:23473)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Your just unhappy cause the Group Ns are on at the same day at Warwick
Its a shame the NASSA wont be there, but a few of those boys are going to the Lights round, but also where are the Mirages, F3 etc?? Oh well...