Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3718746)   #901
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
did you just nick that from Lewis?
Only the last line
Old 15 Mar 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3718775)   #902
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shoeless Rap

Like a spreading infection,
The Historic section,
Can cause a breakdown
A complete shakedown
Posts from members
Like sitting on embers
Of a fire from hell
There’s mod Mike Bell
Posts helter skelter
From that chap Delta
Not by chance
Trash from France
Ex patriate Jean
Sure as your born
Quite absurd
I say Merde
Not too hard
There’s Gerard
A real Frog
The whole hog
MGDavy
Rich as gravy
Smooth on the palate
Peter Mallet
Like a preacher
Gordon Streeter,
Gary with a number
Oh! For slumber
Take some facing
Does Just Racing
I’ve no axe
To grind with Max
Pull a lever
Up pops Viva
And please don’t start
On that Mike Harte
Is he a faker
Lancsbreaker
Now here’s a thing
Terence at the ring
Consider GrantP
Well not me!
A touch of colic
Oh Alfaholic
Another man
Come’s Jasper Clan
Oh ay
C McKay
And seldom seen
Mike Broadbent Bean.
Now don’t get Brahms
If you’ve been missed.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3718786)   #903
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!

Bob you really really need to get out more.....

Best find those shoes quick.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3718787)   #904
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

I've a better idea, let's find out what size he takes and club together to buy him a pair (or two)!
Old 15 Mar 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3718788)   #905
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I've a better idea, let's find out what size he takes and club together to buy him a pair (or two)!
I think he's a sandals-&-socks man. Pretty much standard wear in Luton.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3718845)   #906
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I think he's a sandals-&-socks man. Pretty much standard wear in Luton.
Sandals a plenty round here John, but never with socks, well only the Liberals.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3718849)   #907
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Robert you can't hide from being a really nice person. A poet too. You dont need any orchestra the music is in your words.

As to socks along with sandals I guess Jean can find something very German in Essen for you. The pairs with the big toe separated from others for instance!
Old 15 Mar 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3718850)   #908
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
VIVA I go for it. Honest. But may be we've better find the guy who went away for several miles with Robert's shoes before… He could help!
Old 15 Mar 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3718862)   #909
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Mike, if my shoes return in time I expect to be at Snetterton on the
1st. April (honestly no fooling), so will settle up with you should you be present.

Smatzboy.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3718863)   #910
bauble
Veteran

England
I gratefully accept the two pairs of shoes on offer, size 8 broad, slip-on style, one pair in black the other in dark brown please.
I assume that they will be hand made by Church. Naturally.

Sabots? Non.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3718875)   #911
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Made by Church, Robert? Damn good shoes ya mean then… What should we do with the German style socks already ordered then?
If this doesn't stick to the thread to your eyes what the heck could ?

Youre right about sabots but please note that our national René Arnoux use to wear a pair between two GP's!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3718963)   #912
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Made by Church, Robert? Damn good shoes ya mean then… What should we do with the German style socks already ordered then?
If this doesn't stick to the thread to your eyes what the heck could ?

Youre right about sabots but please note that our national René Arnoux use to wear a pair between two GP's!
Gerard, Mon Ami, you are too kind. German socks? Knee high in black I assume. If surplus to my requirements maybe they could be stuffed with straw, and tied around the wheels of you Capri as racing tyres?

More later o the subject.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3718995)   #913
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well Ami Robert ya no what a good suggestion you made here. If the socks are warming style it might be forbidden in certain category… Unless they have red pompoms! Socks is the nickname we give to tires. And when you say "this takes the cake" we say ben alors ça, c'est le pompon!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3718999)   #914
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
This thread is a constant source of entertainment and education. Thank goodness I have something like this to distract me when I should be working...
Old 16 Mar 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3719109)   #915
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bauble Rap

I see you bottled out or rhyming something with Broadbent.
heaven sent, hot air vent, sky torn and rent....
I could go on, but there is an outside.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3719122)   #916
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 'Bean' Broadbent View Post
I see you bottled out or rhyming something with Broadbent.
heaven sent, hot air vent, sky torn and rent....
I could go on, but there is an outside.
Just be grateful I did not bring 'position'* into the opus, I feel that there are certain aspects of your character best left out of the Historic Section.

*OBscene; Radio speak for an Outside Broadcast location.

A Frisky old marshal, named Broadbent
When asked what position he meant
Said in the future
Try the Karma Sutra.
But not during the season of Lent.

I rest my case.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3719127)   #917
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
This thread is a constant source of entertainment and education. Thank goodness I have something like this to distract me when I should be working...
Actually Viv I know everything, I don't know of anything I don't know, that's how clever I am.

"With proper schooling I could be even more famous than I am now."
(Open All Hours)
Old 16 Mar 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3719149)   #918
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Actually Viv I know everything, I don't know of anything I don't know, that's how clever I am.

"With proper schooling I could be even more famous than I am now."
(Open All Hours)
I don't know about your shoes Bob, but I think you'll be needing a larger hat size!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3719151)   #919
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I don't know about your shoes Bob, but I think you'll be needing a larger hat size!
Whatever size hat he ends up getting I bet the box it comes in will be a better fit...
Old 17 Mar 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3719289)   #920
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't give him a hat he'll only lose it along with his shoes

While you lot are enjoying the balmy Goodwood weather, according to the latest forecast my northern sojourn will explain exactly why there are so many lakes in Cumbria! Enjoy yourselves one and all, stay safe if you're racing. I'll try and catch up in the hotel when I get back each evening, I'm expecting some tales of daring-do from Tenthers next week

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by midgetman; 17 Mar 2017 at 06:56.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3719302)   #921
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Don't give him a hat he'll only lose it along with his shoes

While you lot are enjoying the balmy Goodwood weather, according to the latest forecast my northern sojourn will explain exactly why there are so many lakes in Cumbria! Enjoy yourselves one and all, stay safe if you're racing. I'll try and catch up in the hotel when I get back each evening, I'm expecting some tales of daring-do from Tenthers next week

At last a touch of sanity returns to this forum, thank you Midgetman.
Some of the recent posts from various contributors have been ... well! Silly.

I name no names but I am sure you all recognise them, and maybe they will now endeavour to stick to the main purpose of this particular section, which is to amuse and entertain..............

Oh! Oops! Er! Ahem!

Sorry got go to go........................
Old 17 Mar 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3719349)   #922
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Heading up M5 and Mark Walker's Edwardian beastie was on a trailer going south. A little disappointed he wasn't driving it

Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3719380)   #923
midgetman
Veteran

Nearly full lock in the rental van to get over Shap Fell in a straight line...

Old 17 Mar 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3719429)   #924
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Whoops!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-39304047
Old 17 Mar 2017, 18:05 (Ref:3719434)   #925
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
35 in a 30! I've seen pushbikes go faster with a following wind....

OK, she already had 9 points, so should have been more careful.

Bob, you're right about another tenther at Goody. My apologies to 'Burfs'!!