Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 26 Jun 2003, 20:21 (Ref:644083)   #1
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Digital Memory Card Problems

A good friend of mine is having problems with her SanDisk Compactflash 128 MB digital memory card. It became corrupted before she could get the photos off of it and has tryed recovery software with no luck. Just keeps getting told there are reading errors.

Does anyone know how to recover these photos if at all?

Any help will be greatfully recived.

Simon
Old 27 Jun 2003, 12:58 (Ref:644726)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My Smartmedia cards will on occasion fail to read or throw the camera into a fit as it tries to read them. I lightly clean the brass contacts ion the cards with a pencil eraseer and the problem generally goes away. I am not familiar with the Compactflash cards but this may work for her. Otherwise she needs to format the card and call it a loss.
Never forget #99
Old 28 Jun 2003, 17:55 (Ref:645535)   #3
Jeff
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bristol, England
Jeff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon,

If the card keeps repeating this error get the retailer to swap it for a new one, maybe a different make. Most cards come with 5 year guarantees.

Never used it but for data recovery you could try Isobuster which is free from http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster It was recently recommended in a digital camera magazine.
Old 28 Jun 2003, 17:57 (Ref:645537)   #4
Jeff
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bristol, England
Ah that software is designed for CDs I'm afraid, sorry

Try looking at the ads in a digital photography magazine, there are normally some people advertising data recovery in them

Last edited by Jeff; 28 Jun 2003 at 17:59.
Old 29 Jun 2003, 02:06 (Ref:645762)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i assume she's tried reading it both in a reader and in the camera itself?

bad luck, there's nothing much you can do i don't think. all these recovery things tend to be that little bit expensive.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 21:27 (Ref:647766)   #6
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anybody had any problems with using the "all in one" fax/scanner/printer machines with the built in card readers? I'm about to buy a HP machine as it sounds a good idea so any info would be great!
Old 30 Jun 2003, 21:52 (Ref:647795)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, my mum had one in her office, and now it only receives faxes. it's an hp one, but i'm not sure exactly what was wrong with it. not the memory thing, cause i think the photocopier still works.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 22:20 (Ref:647821)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Can you actually transfer files from the card to PC with those, or only print direct from the card ?
Old 1 Jul 2003, 08:23 (Ref:648075)   #9
Jeff
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bristol, England
I've got a Canon MPC200 Photo
Photo quality print, copy, scan, built in PCMCIA slot, but no fax. When connected to a PC it also acts as a card reader. Very impressed so far and no problems with the card slot.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 19:42 (Ref:648809)   #10
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
Has anybody had any problems with using the "all in one" fax/scanner/printer machines with the built in card readers? I'm about to buy a HP machine as it sounds a good idea so any info would be great!
I have a HP printer with card readers. HP Photosmart 7550. Done me proud so far but it has a few niggly problems like going offline with out being asked, and the ink does not last very long. Print quality is extremly good though.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 20:31 (Ref:650123)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think this is going to be the way I'm going to go. There are plenty of cheap places to get printer inks at good prices on the net etc so lets see...all I need now is some money...anybody got any spare???
Old 4 Jul 2003, 20:32 (Ref:652752)   #12
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
going back to the original problem i know that Bella mentioned getting the information direct from the camera AND trying it from a card reader.

My Microdrives went through a few corruptions a while back but as i use a PCMIA Card reader and stick the Microdrive straight into there i can selectively save every picture that HASN'T corrupted onto the hard drive fine, hence saving the pictures and saving the day.

you've probably tried it, but good luck otherwise, i know what its like!