Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 20 Dec 2007, 23:06 (Ref:2093038)   #1
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ace Vehicle Delivery

Ok my first post on this section, but am I looking in the wrong place or does no-one from the Ace vehicle delivery championship not post here ????
I only ask as I am entering my car for the 2008 season...

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 22 Dec 2007, 16:18 (Ref:2093832)   #2
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi pit bull i race in the ace vehicle delivery championship in black and orange MG midget next year well be entering a black and orange vtec mini as well what will you be racing ?
Old 22 Dec 2007, 17:46 (Ref:2093856)   #3
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, in the fear of looking like an idiot, What the hell is the Ace Vehicle Delivery Championship? Is it like SEMSEC of the north or something?
Old 22 Dec 2007, 18:17 (Ref:2093862)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit bull
Ok my first post on this section, but am I looking in the wrong place or does no-one from the Ace vehicle delivery championship not post here ????
I only ask as I am entering my car for the 2008 season...
Only you and big andy by the looks of it.
As Kelvin said, what is it?
Old 22 Dec 2007, 18:34 (Ref:2093873)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88
What the hell is the Ace Vehicle Delivery Championship?
BARC NW Centre Sports/Saloon Championship

Also known as (old sponsors) Europas or K&Ns...
Old 22 Dec 2007, 18:36 (Ref:2093874)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
As Kelvin said, what is it?
It's BARC NW's sports/saloon championship.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 18:39 (Ref:2093876)   #7
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.barc.net/regional_centres...west/champ.php

its the north west sports/saloon car championship run by the BARC not to be confused with the northern sports /saloon car championship run by the ddmc
Old 22 Dec 2007, 18:44 (Ref:2093880)   #8
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds very good! What are the entry fees like?
Old 22 Dec 2007, 20:19 (Ref:2093894)   #9
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was planning on doing the Ace Vehicle delivery in 2008 as well im just worried that my car wont fit in (Triumph Spitfire about 120bhp) plus im a fairly inexperienced driver will i have anyone to race ! i have spoken to the Organiser and he said come along but im really worried i will just be lapping on my own i checked out last years entries and noticed a lot of cars are really modsports.Can anyone tell me if i would have anyone to race with if i were to enter the championship.

Last edited by IAN #51; 22 Dec 2007 at 20:21.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 20:35 (Ref:2093898)   #10
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN #51
i checked out last years entries and noticed a lot of cars are really modsports.Can anyone tell me if i would have anyone to race with if i were to enter the championship.
I'm sure you'd find somebody to play with! While there are some very fast cars out there, there are also some relatively low-powered cars, such as a more-or-less stock XR2.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 22:00 (Ref:2093919)   #11
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The diversity of the grid is one of its most appealing factors. Rovers SD1's and Minis to a Darrian an Tuscan.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 22:55 (Ref:2093927)   #12
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
ian 51 theres always somebody to race with most of the cars are of the special/modified saloon, modsport type car but there is a few road saloons as well
http://www.msttiming.com/barc/2007/73522.pdf
Old 24 Dec 2007, 23:35 (Ref:2094638)   #13
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy
hi pit bull i race in the ace vehicle delivery championship in black and orange MG midget next year well be entering a black and orange vtec mini as well what will you be racing ?
Hi Andy and all, look forward to seeing you next year, many of you in the Championship prob know me best as (sometimes) chief pit marshal, especially at Angelsey, All being well I will be racing my Nissan 200SX 1991 model, Dave Taylor said I should be in class D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN #51
I was planning on doing the Ace Vehicle delivery in 2008 as well im just worried that my car wont fit in (Triumph Spitfire about 120bhp) plus im a fairly inexperienced driver will i have anyone to race !
I have only recently passed my ARDS test, so will be carrying the novice badge too, one of the major things that attracted me to this championship was, the respect of the drivers to each other.

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 26 Dec 2007, 19:17 (Ref:2095038)   #14
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will give it a try im not an absolute novice i have completed about 8 races plus the Birkett ! so i will probably see you on the grid next year.

Thanks

Ian
Old 26 Dec 2007, 20:05 (Ref:2095042)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
If you enter a BARC event at Oulton there is invariable a round on, bit like DMN but as i see it one suttle difference, no class breaks for more mundane roadcar based vehicles i.e. basically like DMN Class A split into cc breaks. Seen some good races over the years and the tubular space frame Camaro car I have in the garage was raced in it at one time at least thats what the stickers say!
Old 27 Dec 2007, 03:41 (Ref:2095187)   #16
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all i would say ian is what was in the pm, all us guys in orange love the ace series as it gives some crackin racin spread over several classes and incorparates everything from dtm astras and sierra thunder saloons right down to completly standard xr2i's. always good racin and someone to race with with and a plus from our side of the bank always clean racing aswell
Old 27 Dec 2007, 10:14 (Ref:2095252)   #17
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've raced in NW sports & saloons for a few years in my 100bhp Caterham (and even won my class last year), though only got out in it once this season. I'm normally in amongst the tail ender SD1s, Europas and saloons but have to pick my circuits (Cadwell and Oulton Island are good for low powered cars; I don't find Croft worth it because of the long straights) - I once nearly won outright at old Anglesey and have put it on the front row of the grid a few times in damp qualifying. Let me know when you're entering and I'll see if I can make it - I'm sure we'll be around each others pace. There does seem more slower cars in the series this season.

Don't think it'll be called Ace Vehicles in 2008...
Old 27 Dec 2007, 12:41 (Ref:2095305)   #18
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MMM - Sounds interesting, but too far up for us southern softies - we get a nose bleed if we go as far as Mallory ! But - as it's organised by the BARC NW, and the DMN's are organised by the BARC SE, a NW-SE Challenge at the end of the year at a Neutral circuit might make cracking entertainment if people have any money/cars left at the end of the season - Throw in the SE TinTops against the more standard NW cars, and you should be able to fill a few grids I'd have thought -Good idea or stupid ? Would JP cut a deal for such a show at one of his circuits for an end of season special ?
Old 27 Dec 2007, 21:10 (Ref:2095508)   #19
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
For that I'd guess you would have to have a chat with our co-ordinator Oop ere in north, Mr John Leck.
P.S. I'm a soft southerner living here Op north...

Old 24 Jan 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2112806)   #20
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
dates for this years championship sorry to see no cadwell

1/2 29th March 2008 Oulton Park BARC(NW) – Double Header

3 19th April 2008 Rockingham BARC(HQ)

4 26th May 2008 Oulton Park BARC(HQ)

5 21st June 2008 Oulton Park BARC(NW) - Dave Simpson Trophy

6 20th July 2008 Mallory Park BARC(HQ)

7/8 2nd/3rd August 2008 Anglesey BARC(NW) - Double Header

9/10 30th/31st August 2008 Croft BARC(HQ) - Double Header

11/12 27th September 2008 Oulton Park BARC(NW) - Double Header

(Rd 12 - Double Points
Old 25 Jan 2008, 09:57 (Ref:2113235)   #21
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell is my favourite circuit and can't get a race there in 2008, what is happening!!
The Classic Modified Saloons are not there this season,
The LMA's have cancelled their meeting there too!! Now you boys are not there!! I am really pi***d Off!!
Old 25 Jan 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2113411)   #22
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
ross thiers no northern sports/saloons either only race i can see to race in at cadwell this year is a allcomers race with the 750mc or cssc

why is no one using the best track in the country
Old 25 Jan 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2113418)   #23
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'JOSS' Not Ross!!!....I'm sure you do that on purpose Pandy, sorry Andy!!
I had seen the CSSC Future Classics race but it conflicts with an LMA Championship Double Header at Anglesey! Mind you at least Anglesey is the next best to Cadwell for ups and downs!!
I will have to keep my eyes open for the 750mc allcomers race there, If you see any other races there that we can enter let us know please
Cheers J-O-S-S lol
Old 28 Jan 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2115795)   #24
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Are these deffo comfirmed date, as when I last spoke to John Leck, he said that nothing was confirmed yet ??? Also I haven't got any emails from anyone confirming dates....

Old 29 Jan 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2116374)   #25
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit bull
Are these deffo comfirmed date, as when I last spoke to John Leck, he said that nothing was confirmed yet ???
Fliers with this year's dates were handed out at the 'Big Night Out' on Saturday; I didn't get one, so I can't be sure, but I think the dates are finalised.