Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 4 Jul 2002, 18:31 (Ref:327216)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Today At The Jordan Factory

I spent a great morning at the Jordan factory today to meet
Takuma Sato for a print signing! Takuma signed 100 prints of a new painting I have done for a Japanese gallery. The prints are for the Japanese market. He also signed the painting in silver pen.
My good old friend Jeff Bloxham took a few shots and I thought some fellow members might like to take a look at EJ posing with Taku and my painting! The showcar in the photo by the test team truck was due to be wheeled over to the Jordan stand within the circuit ready for the weekend.

Job done now back tomorrow...hope it doesn't rain! Wish everyone who is going a great weekend.

Last edited by Andrew Kitson; 4 Jun 2009 at 12:24.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 12:18 (Ref:327642)   #2
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one
Old 5 Jul 2002, 15:57 (Ref:327791)   #3
Herminator
Racer

Herminator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you know you have one of the best jobs in the world. How do you know when to stop with your paintings? I'm not too bad at ar myself but I am never happy with what I do, peopple tell me it looks good but I just always find something I don't like. Although I haven't done mush drawing in a while, I could do with finding some nice model cars to draw. Unfortunatly all my money goes on RC cars, which aren't that well proportioned.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 10:26 (Ref:329234)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks very much guys.
I think if you are ever completely 100% satisfied with the finished painting it is time to stop doing them! I look at my work and there is always a little something that could be done better, you learn by mistakes and are always seeking perfection. I would hope they are 99.9% correct though. It's the same with a driver on a qualifying lap I suppose, there is always a corner they could have gone quicker through.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 05:40 (Ref:329912)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew, that drawing looks incredible - are there any larger versions on the internet anywhere suitable for a windows wallpaper ?

Keep up the great work, Cheers Buck.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 14:20 (Ref:330215)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew , please help me out here !!!....how do i get to buy one of these signed prints ??? can you point me in the right direction .

Brilliant painting , the detail looks amazing !
Old 9 Jul 2002, 20:12 (Ref:330492)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic painting. Shame I'd never be able to afford one.
Old 12 Jul 2002, 11:47 (Ref:332514)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andrew, your style is very different to many of the other motor racing artists I've seen. They go for a very artistic look, with soft focus and softer colours. Your style is very graphic, with solid edges and very bright colours. Your paintings look almost like photographs. Is that someting you've set out to achieve or does it come to you naturally?

Also, what is your media? Oil or water, canvas or paper, etc.?
Old 15 Jul 2002, 07:21 (Ref:334025)   #9
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks for your interest David. I use acrylics on most of my works but have also used oils and gouache.
My works look very photographic when rewduced to a small size as viewed here on ten-tenths, but the originals themselves and Limited Edition prints are anything but - paintings yes but very accurate in detail which my customers seem to like ( many are repeat customers who have commissioned more than one painting ). I guess my accuracy comes from my training and having worked as a Technical Illustrator in my early career.