Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Aug 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1689721)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bristol Motor Speedway - Food City 250 and Sharpie 500.

NASCAR Busch and Nextel Cup series heads to the rough and tumble Bristol "bullring" this week! Always an entertaining one this, bit early in the morning for us Brit viewers though! Still, we'll battle through...all three of us.

The Nextel Chase is starting to take shape now and there is only really one guy outside the top ten who can break into it now IMO - Kasey Kahne. But from memory he didn't get any good results here last year.....so perhaps he will slip away. I don't envisage any top ten breakthroughs this weekend anyways.

As for the Busch Series, hopefully Mr Harvick will take the racers decision and go lie on a beach somewhere for the weekend as opposed to winning like he did last year.

Roll on the racin'!
Old 23 Aug 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1689877)   #2
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was hoping to be there for this weekend, but due to family issues, we can't go. I was going to cheer my "cousin" Stacy on.

There are some awesome photo shots from the back of the stands, which puts the whole place in perspective.

I think "43 cars in a goldfish bowl" is more apt than Bull Ring!

What a place!

Alongside Spa, Nurburgring, and LeMans, it's on my lists of "places I would most like to drive"

Rob.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 05:22 (Ref:1691183)   #3
fullSPEED
Rookie

fullSPEED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The series is down to just three races in the regular season. This week at BMS, Labor Day weekend at the California Speedway and then another Saturday night shootout at the Richmond Motor Speedway will determine the players for this year's "Chase for the Nextel Cup." Those sweating out the final three events are Mark Martin, defending champion Tony Stewart, four-time series champion Jeff Gordon, Busch, rookie Denny Hamlin, Burton and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1691389)   #4
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of my favorites Bristol action a plenty
Old 26 Aug 2006, 02:36 (Ref:1691858)   #5
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, great driving by Kenseth and he wins the Busch race. He gives Harvick a lesson in racing.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 01:00 (Ref:1693196)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had a panic attack when the baseball overran big time.....so instead of the Sharpie 500 I had to watch a lot of men standing around doing nothing at all for an age.

I assume I'm watching a tape delayed race here....
Old 27 Aug 2006, 02:55 (Ref:1693242)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Kenseth wins again! Two Nextel wins in a row and a Bristol "clean sweep".

Not a bad weekends work that.

Entertaining stuff, as ever from Bristol.

Kurt Busch seems unable to get some luck at the minute...
Old 27 Aug 2006, 03:00 (Ref:1693244)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Scott Riggs and Jeff Gordon upset with each other for no apparent reason...
Old 28 Aug 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1695385)   #9
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I finally got enough time to catch a highlights package.

As an aside I don't like 1hr highlight packages, but It got the general gist of teh race across.

Well done to Matt, but mostly well done to Dale, solid run from him, I'm sure glad that he and Carl weren't up against each other on the last lap.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1695425)   #10
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Kenseth will take the championship in the end. Johnson is an excellent driver but he seems to be moving into the mid/late season slump he typically has. Granted a slump for him means he finishes 10th versus 1st, but it might still be enough to keep him from winning the title. Kenseth on the other hand seems to be gaining momentum and if he do what he did to win his first title (i.e. consistency) he will be the one to beat.

J.D.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1695573)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Dale has hit some good results at the right time, it seems. Shame he slid wide out of the lead, but he really had nothing for Kenseth anyways....