Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Apr 2007, 12:34 (Ref:1886363)   #1
Jamie G
Racer

England
Faversham, Kent
Jamie G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recommendations for exhaust builders?

I need to have an exhaust made for my Honda CRX, I can't seem to make anything available as standard fit (and believe me I've tried!).

Can anyone recommend an exhaust builder for a good price in the South East? I'm after a relatively simple system but cost is really important after the winter I've had!
Old 8 Apr 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1886680)   #2
GordonG
Racer

GordonG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Powerspeed in kent have done a couple of systems for me. Decent quality work at a very competitive price. I've been very happy with their work, and they've been happy to either recommend a decent design or follow my precise requirements.

www.powerspeed.co.uk/

I've dealt with Dave Parris, who is one of the main men (both confusingly called Dave).

G
Old 11 Apr 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1889224)   #3
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simpson exhausts.

Another option is to head for silverstone, overshoot, and end up in Daventry.
That's BTB.

I can vouch for Mr Ellis' wares. I have a system of his on my old Nova GSi. Which in fact has been on the car since 1994 and is in very good condition, and still meets MSA noise regs easily.

He may well be able to make you one "off the shelf" as he's done CRX's in the past.

Rob.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 20:59 (Ref:1889307)   #4
Jamie G
Racer

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Rob and Gordon,

car is booked in at Powerspeed next week. It's about 10 miles from me and they've done me a good price for a custom setup in stainless, so I'm more than happy.

One more step toward the car being finished
Old 11 Apr 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1889329)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
Simpson exhausts.

Another option is to head for silverstone, overshoot, and end up in Daventry.
That's BTB.

I can vouch for Mr Ellis' wares. I have a system of his on my old Nova GSi. Which in fact has been on the car since 1994 and is in very good condition, and still meets MSA noise regs easily.

He may well be able to make you one "off the shelf" as he's done CRX's in the past.

Rob.
I have two Joe Ellis (BTB) mufflers I originally bought in about 92 they now reside on my black car and are still solid.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1889621)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie G
car is booked in at Powerspeed next week. It's about 10 miles from me and they've done me a good price for a custom setup in stainless, so I'm more than happy.
I'm fairly sure it was powerspeed that built the exhaust for our rally car (it was someone down that way I know Zero exhausts are Ashford based too). That system survived a fair amount of abuse (bits of it were distinctly squared off after a while!) and we'll be going back for another - they also built it with our required noise limit in mind, we needed to be under 100db, readings usually gave us at 95db so that was a nice margin
Old 13 Apr 2007, 02:15 (Ref:1890119)   #7
Jamie G
Racer

England
Faversham, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
I'm fairly sure it was powerspeed that built the exhaust for our rally car (it was someone down that way I know Zero exhausts are Ashford based too). That system survived a fair amount of abuse (bits of it were distinctly squared off after a while!) and we'll be going back for another - they also built it with our required noise limit in mind, we needed to be under 100db, readings usually gave us at 95db so that was a nice margin
Bert, I'll make sure I post a bit of feedback on the system once it gets fitted.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 07:52 (Ref:1890214)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ta, it's always good if you can find a good company locally.