Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 1 Feb 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3019994)   #1
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Iceman13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm back (with new tracks!)

It must be like 2 years or so, since I´ve last posted here (so i guess many of you don't even know or remember me ), but now after browsing through some old threads on this forum, my inspiration has returned. I've been doodling around on google earth quite a lot recently, mostly editing current circuit, but also making a couple of original and few street tracks aswell.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3020000)   #2
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
I'll start with an edit of Magny-Course. It has always been difficult to point out what is the problem with the layout, since I quite like it, but the racing it provides just isn't too good. I've straighten out the small kink between Grande Courbe and Estoril (it just doesn't seem necessary) then I've relocated Adelaide to be slightly earlier (still a potential passing spot though) to make room for a little extension giving a longer and faster run to the final complex and therefore hopefully make passing easier there. Also Imola is now a bit more interesting with a bended exit. And yes I know the extension runs through a stand, but it's a very hard track to edit without doing so.
Attached Thumbnails
Magny-Cours Edit.jpg  

Last edited by Iceman13; 1 Feb 2012 at 21:54. Reason: spelling...:D
Old 1 Feb 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3020015)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to have you back with us, and looking forward to seeing more of your circuits again.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3020576)   #4
Himlar
Rookie

Himlar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see more people doing their track designs! I like your additions, the sweeping kind of esses looks great.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3021052)   #5
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman13 View Post
I'll start with an edit of Magny-Course. It has always been difficult to point out what is the problem with the layout, since I quite like it, but the racing it provides just isn't too good. I've straighten out the small kink between Grande Courbe and Estoril (it just doesn't seem necessary) then I've relocated Adelaide to be slightly earlier (still a potential passing spot though) to make room for a little extension giving a longer and faster run to the final complex and therefore hopefully make passing easier there. Also Imola is now a bit more interesting with a bended exit. And yes I know the extension runs through a stand, but it's a very hard track to edit without doing so.

Looking through the archives, I remember a discussion happening, so I searched. The thread I recall is here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=Magny+Cours.

However, like in that thread, I'd say you broke Adelaide, but not by modifying Estoril. I'd keep Adelaide as it is, and make the entry into the new loop wider. It'd be better to shorten the run to 180 and remove the Esses between Adelaide and Imola, and try to come up with something that has a variety of lines into a corner.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3021226)   #6
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome back to the boards.

Magny-Cours would be nice without that silly final chicane. And with the regard to EJ Viso's scary flipover accident there, I wonder if they have done anything to the walls lining the inside of the track by now.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3022656)   #7
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Hawaii Speedpark

I found Magny-Cours to be very hard to edit because the corners are nice as individuals so I didn't want to alter them too much. I wasn't so sure about my edit being a huge succes at the first place This one is more a completely new track than an edit. It's very loosely based on a small track in Hawaii (can't remember the name now) quite close to Honolulu. About 4.6km long and driven anti-clockwise.
Attached Thumbnails
Hawaii Speedpark.jpg  
Old 8 Feb 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3023035)   #8
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman13 View Post
I found Magny-Cours to be very hard to edit because the corners are nice as individuals so I didn't want to alter them too much. I wasn't so sure about my edit being a huge succes at the first place This one is more a completely new track than an edit. It's very loosely based on a small track in Hawaii (can't remember the name now) quite close to Honolulu. About 4.6km long and driven anti-clockwise.
That shape reminds me of the Sachsenring, for some reason. good effort.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3023226)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's deceptive as the straight is about 650m long, if the return can have the right hand bend flat it would easily be 1km into a 90 degree braking zone.

Trouble is other than T1 the above mention 90 degree corner would be the only 2 overtaking places.

Perhaps to make a third, and also make the entry onto the S/F a bit safer, how about an Ascari type chicane. Overtaking into the first part, with the pit entry opposite the apex of the 3rd part.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3023311)   #10
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
I intended the last corner to be an overtaking spot, but it seems like it came out looking a bit too fast.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3026366)   #11
Gullwings
Rookie

Gullwings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Hawaii Speedpark is quite good, but I would like to see a little bit more variety in the corners. How about some really long straights, chicanes, hairpins, and maybe even a crossover bit (like in Suzuka)?

But on the whole... good job!
Old 21 Feb 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3028967)   #12
Iceman13
Racer

Finland
Vantaa, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gullwings View Post
The Hawaii Speedpark is quite good, but I would like to see a little bit more variety in the corners. How about some really long straights, chicanes, hairpins, and maybe even a crossover bit (like in Suzuka)?

But on the whole... good job!
Well, not every track has to have a bit of everything but thanks still!