Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jun 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3543823)   #76
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
You're getting him mixed up with David Coulthard there, Mike. Hill was promoted to a race seat after Mansell left.
What can I say - I blame age!
Old 1 Jun 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3543838)   #77
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I believe that his colour, and his obvious talent singled him out, (and there are no racist undertones intended)* just as some day it will be a female who gets the nod.

* It was Lewis himself who said; "It's because I'm black."

No I don't care for the guy as a person, but I am not so bigoted as to deny his ability or success.

Cheers,

Bauble.
you are entitled to your opinions, and i applaud you for saying them even though you knew how unpopular they would be.

to be fair though i have never seen anything from Ron Denis and/or Mclaren that would indicate that they use anything other than talent and results delivered as a reason to pick a driver.

imo colour of skin, religion, ethnicity dont even factor into to their equations.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3543892)   #78
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You are looking at ten equally talented people intending to choose just one to take your team forward, nine have blonde hair, one has red hair.
The red haired one stands out, and you think to yourself we have had any number of blonde haired winners, perhaps a red haired on might attract more interest.

They are equal to the job, but only one looks different why not go for that one?

Maybe one of the ten was Asian/Chinese/female.

I hope you take my point that it was not because Lewis was black, but that he was different by virtue of being black.

Anyway it is just my own personal thinking and it certainly does not detract from anyone's achievements.

I am considering shooting myself
Old 1 Jun 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3543895)   #79
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure that more than half of the world's population is Asian, bauble.

And everyone knows that only a ginger can call another ginger 'ginger'.

I understand your pov. Don't shoot yourself. Some of the PC brigade will willingly do that for you despite you having not said a bad word.

But Hamilton has this extra spark that I can't imagine many others McLaren could've taken had at that time. It's paid off too, and that spark is what separates him from Rosberg, and most of the current F1 grid. I don't think that was the thinking behind it. Also, Dennis seems to be the sort of person who puts results before PR and stuff (hence the move to Honda )

But if Lewis was a girl (lol!), that would be a big pull. Just look at the hype around Sophia Florsch. Two wins in Ginetta Juniors (ableit mega wins, and not bad for a 14yo karting rookie) but suddenly everyone's on about Formula 1. A bit premature! Although perhaps the not the best example considering with her backing and ability a very good career looks likely...

...how about Lucile Cypriano getting a TCR drive...
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:09 (Ref:3543919)   #80
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
You are looking at ten equally talented people intending to choose just one to take your team forward, nine have blonde hair, one has red hair.
The red haired one stands out, and you think to yourself we have had any number of blonde haired winners, perhaps a red haired on might attract more interest.
so if you had ten equally talented drivers...9 of the ideal weight and one over weight you would pick the heavier one because he might attract more attention?

sound decision making process!
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3543930)   #81
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so if you had ten equally talented drivers...9 of the ideal weight and one over weight you would pick the heavier one because he might attract more attention?

sound decision making process!
Now! Now! Chilli, don't be silly,
They wouldn't do that because he's fat.
But cut me some slack, the might if he's black.
This is meant in fun, now where is my gun.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:32 (Ref:3543931)   #82
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada

OK that was funny!
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3543932)   #83
bauble
Veteran

England
Biscuits.
Don't tell me about Asians, I live in Luton!!! (And that is only about a dozen miles from Stevenage, us locals know a thing or two).
Old 6 Jun 2015, 08:50 (Ref:3545444)   #84
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
No wonder Lewis was confused.

This is like Monty Python:

http://www.pitpass.com/54015/Hamilto...ls-made-public