Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Jun 2016, 23:31 (Ref:3647824)   #1451
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The front livery on that Eurasia Oreca actually looks quite a bit like the old Rebellion colors

Anyway, I find it quite interesting that the Rebellions scored better times on Sector 1 than the Toyotas, but not on Sector 2 where you would think their top straight line speed would've mattered the most.
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...ial%20Test.PDF
Old 7 Jun 2016, 05:10 (Ref:3647859)   #1452
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The front livery on that Eurasia Oreca actually looks quite a bit like the old Rebellion colors

Anyway, I find it quite interesting that the Rebellions scored better times on Sector 1 than the Toyotas, but not on Sector 2 where you would think their top straight line speed would've mattered the most.
I think that the S2 is a very good example of the advantage that the hybrids have. Speed trap figures don't mean that much with these cars. S1 is interesting. The Toyotas would seem to lack downforce, which affects them also in S3. Also the Rebellions matched the Toyotas in the Porsche curves.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 06:02 (Ref:3647862)   #1453
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I saw that on the timing and scoring page. But Toyota ran with their package for only the second time so more setup work could give them some bigger gains. Anything new on the Rebellion? The car seems similar to every other race.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3647895)   #1454
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Overall top speed is not as important as how quickly you reach your top speed, and for how long you stay there.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3647918)   #1455
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Overall top speed is not as important as how quickly you reach your top speed, and for how long you stay there.
Absolutely right. As Paul Truswell might have said, it's not the height of the curve that matters, it's the area underneath it.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3647922)   #1456
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wasn't questioning the speed thing itself (I always use Force India 2008 as example of top speed meaning nothing if rest of the package is inferior), but why it's specifically S1 where both of the Orecas lead Toyota
Old 19 Jun 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3653605)   #1457
fefe
Rookie

fefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does anyone know what happend to car #13 in 24h le mans ?

So annoying when the live timing said "Run" but they didn´t, they had retired.
Also annoying when @RebellionRacing on twitter always tell us when they win, but never when they DNF or what problem as caused stops.
Maybe their twitter feed isn´t for their supporters... more likely for their partners/sponsors ?
Old 20 Jun 2016, 13:08 (Ref:3653829)   #1458
fefe
Rookie

fefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to Mathéo Tuscher's IG I got the answer - injector failure caused the retirement.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3653999)   #1459
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh how ironic that after all the talk of Rebellions possibly winning LM, due to reliability, that they were the ones that most suffered of them!

Last edited by Artur; 20 Jun 2016 at 23:51.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3654449)   #1460
Deleted
Veteran

I have been debating which was more embarrassing, the general repeat of last year race's disastrous performance, or climbing up to the overall podium first before any of the others including the Porsche-Toyota-Audi trio, to receive giant trophies for 29th place finish in glorified sub class where the other two competitors didn't even finish, and position which was behind LMGTE-AM winners...

Shameful. I'm sorry Rebellion but it is.

Last edited by Deleted; 22 Jun 2016 at 14:35.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3654485)   #1461
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd don't understand why it's shameful for Rebellion but ByKolles are declared heros for setting fire to their car at every opportunity, whilst being slower too.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 17:29 (Ref:3654492)   #1462
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'd don't understand why it's shameful for Rebellion but ByKolles are declared heros for setting fire to their car at every opportunity, whilst being slower too.
Rebellion is my favorite team on the grid so I'm not biased here.

Of course Kolles is gonna get "lighter" treatment whenever they manage to perform less terribly than usual, because that's the role of the underdog, lowered expectations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQQT3ljDdw

You expect way more from Rebellion than you do of Kolles. And whenever I "praise" Kolles it's not really for their underwhelming results or admittedly dog of a car, but more that they still want to try. They are bringing new stuff everywhere and supporting a class other privateers have rejected. They are also vocally saying why LMP2 isn't that great (for them).

If ByKolles had "won" the sub class in the same 29th place I would've still said the same thing about it being embarrassing. JUST as I have in the past, even last fall in 6 hour races.

But that's more reference to the sub class as whole than either Rebellion or Kolles. There shouldn't be a separate podium ceremony...

Last edited by Deleted; 22 Jun 2016 at 17:44.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3654512)   #1463
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Rebellion is my favorite team on the grid so I'm not biased here.

Of course Kolles is gonna get "lighter" treatment whenever they manage to perform less terribly than usual, because that's the role of the underdog, lowered expectations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQQT3ljDdw

You expect way more from Rebellion than you do of Kolles. And whenever I "praise" Kolles it's not really for their underwhelming results or admittedly dog of a car, but more that they still want to try. They are bringing new stuff everywhere and supporting a class other privateers have rejected. They are also vocally saying why LMP2 isn't that great (for them).

If ByKolles had "won" the sub class in the same 29th place I would've still said the same thing about it being embarrassing. JUST as I have in the past, even last fall in 6 hour races.

But that's more reference to the sub class as whole than either Rebellion or Kolles. There shouldn't be a separate podium ceremony...
After the Le Mans 24 this year I hope the Rebellion will finally get the better sense to get out of this no mans land of a "sub class". I think they would make a great factory supported GT team for some manufacturer out there.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 19:14 (Ref:3654513)   #1464
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I think they would make a great factory supported GT team for some manufacturer out there.
I don't know their full history, but hasn't it always been in prototypes? Also, how many manufacturers with a suitable GT, and the desire to fund such a program are out there?
Old 22 Jun 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3654514)   #1465
Deleted
Veteran

Always protos

I wonder, had the #13 not failed but kept going on the similar projected pace as in the first half of the race til the finish, would they have managed to beat either of the much delayed Audis?
Old 22 Jun 2016, 19:36 (Ref:3654520)   #1466
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Always protos
Thanks! That is what I was thinking, and it allows them to showcase their sponsorship, where on a GT car it ends up being overshadowed by the manufacturer, at least to my thinking.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 05:19 (Ref:3654589)   #1467
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Always protos

I wonder, had the #13 not failed but kept going on the similar projected pace as in the first half of the race til the finish, would they have managed to beat either of the much delayed Audis?
I think they would have ended up fourth without the issues. I said it in the Kolles thread, but I think it's time for another engine.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 12:29 (Ref:3654660)   #1468
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The truth is that under the current regulations, privateer LMP1s have no chance of being competitive, and so few teams have taken up the challenge that the sub-class looks pretty pathetic.

Is it impossible for a privateer team to run a hybrid, if the manufacturers were willing to sell on year-old cars? I think of Champion Racing's efforts with the Audi R8, and indeed Team Goh. Surely it would be an income stream for the manufacturers?
Old 23 Jun 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3654665)   #1469
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I don't know their full history, but hasn't it always been in prototypes? Also, how many manufacturers with a suitable GT, and the desire to fund such a program are out there?
Rebellion racing is the current name for what was speedy racing team sebah in 2008 and 2009. Team Sebah as Sebah automotive won the 2004 and 2005 LMS GT2 titles in a Porsche
Old 23 Jun 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3654674)   #1470
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Might they not be better off in Blancpain?
Old 23 Jun 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3654676)   #1471
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suppose they who'd recognize "Rebellion" as a luxury watch manufacturer would recognize "Blancpain" as well... Wondering whether Blancpain has similar restrictions to advertising (luxury ?) watches as Tudor (then USCC, then IWSC, let's call it IMSA) has/had back when it was called tudor...
Old 23 Jun 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3654688)   #1472
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's fine saying that a team might be better off elsewhere, but that doesn't take into account what the team wants to do. It'd be easier for them to run in P2 as well, but they clearly don't want to. And it'd be easier to run a GT car, but they clearly don't want to.

If it was only about business and what's easy, we wouldn't have the lovely P4/5 or the SCG003C either. Maybe Rebellion want to run a prototype in the top class, as their first option no matter what.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3654706)   #1473
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And they could probably just shove the new Gibson LMP2 V8 in the back of their car and run it as a Rebellion-badged Oreca (tubs between the R-One and the Oreca 05/07 are virtually identical in all important facets). But that does mean that Rebellion would have to get rid of some of their gold and platinum rated drivers, especially in the #12.

Maybe the desire to run an all-pro line up in at least one of their cars also deters them from running in LMP2. Also, for Rebellions platinum and gold drivers, there's not really any room at the inns at Audi, Porsche and Toyota unless they fire/lay off several drivers, or several drivers leave those teams.

And even then, Audi, Porsche, and Toyota have several others in the driver development pipeline to replace a driver who retires or leaves the team. And with the possible exception of Buemi (RBR reserve/test driver and has been linked to a return to F1 with Renault in a deal brokered between RBR and Renault), I don't see any of the factory drivers defecting from their current employers anytime very soon.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 23:06 (Ref:3654781)   #1474
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Rebellion racing is the current name for what was speedy racing team sebah in 2008 and 2009. Team Sebah as Sebah automotive won the 2004 and 2005 LMS GT2 titles in a Porsche
Thank you! I had forgotten that.
Old 24 Jun 2016, 08:53 (Ref:3654854)   #1475
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty sure I recently heard Bart Hayden mention GTs as a possibility for Rebellion, but I can't remember where.