Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Jun 2012, 01:32 (Ref:3098155)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lime Rock: The Northeast Grand Prix

It is time for the meat of the ALMS schedule. The Lime Rock weekend is short, with all practice and qualifying on Friday with the race on Saturday. This round brings the return of the #20 Dyson entry, but we still have no Black Swan Racing. GT will be tough as ever, and the challenge classes will provide tight racing as well. This is usually a good race as the track is tight and short.

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

ESPN3 Video

ALMS Video

Weather

World Times

Track Map
Old 26 Jun 2012, 01:43 (Ref:3098160)   #2
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah... my first ALMS live, looking forward to it!
Old 26 Jun 2012, 01:43 (Ref:3098162)   #3
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
i'll be there for the 5th straight year.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3098266)   #4
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So unfortunately no SRT Viper yet, but have there been any other additions besides the #20 Dyson?
Old 26 Jun 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3098273)   #5
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
So unfortunately no SRT Viper yet, but have there been any other additions besides the #20 Dyson?
There's a second Green Hornet in GTC (partly thanks to early 'demise' of Black Swan I'd think) but that's all I'm afraid. Libra, Muscle Milk LMPC, CM GTC and second TRG Porsche from Laguna are also missing. Obviously no more Aston either but that was to be expected. And of course as with Long Beach, this is one track you don't want to have too many cars running around because of the traffic and space issues

This track always provides good racing so I'm confident. I wish that the PC guys could behave this year though, 2011 race was a bit of a dummy crashfest on their behalf.

Hopefully no more performance breaks for the Evora...

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Jun 2012 at 09:25.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3098374)   #6
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm actually starting to like LMPC, at the end of races you get guys like Bruno Junqueira, Colin Braun, Butch Leitzinger, Alex Popow and Kyle Marcelli in the cars and it has produced some great racing this year, especially at Laguna with a Spa 2000-esque pass.

GT will be as good as ever, Conquest has made me remotely interested in LMP2, and if Dyson wins this year it will probably be here.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3098385)   #7
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We can't wait! The crew is working hard on the car this week and Monday it heads to Lime Rock. Half of the crew will arrive on Wednesday, the other half, Thursday. If you're at the race, please stop by and say hello!
Old 26 Jun 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3098551)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
im just wondering what will happen if the URC doesn't actually show up.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3098565)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
im just wondering what will happen if the URC doesn't actually show up.
What do you mean? Nothing will happen.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3098570)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well as a replacement mr Panoz could ask Deltawing to perform a 2 hour demonstration run on the circuit I'm sure there's a great marketing ploy for Darren Cox there somewhere (or rather, his U.S counterpart)
Old 26 Jun 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3098584)   #11
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
What do you mean? Nothing will happen.
man that'll be a lot of dead track time....
Old 26 Jun 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3098703)   #12
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9th straight year for me, and 14th at LRP overall

A bit of a short weekend, with only URC on the support bill (WTF is that anyway? I legitimately don't know.)

We'd all love to see more cars, but we'll still get Muscle Milk vs Dyson, and the battle royal that is the GT class.

I will shoot way too many pictures, probably get a bit of a sunburn in the one spot I forget to put sunblock, and my feet will likely hurt.

But you won't be able to beat the grin off my face with a brick
Old 26 Jun 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3098704)   #13
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_44 View Post
9th straight year for me, and 14th at LRP overall

A bit of a short weekend, with only URC on the support bill (WTF is that anyway? I legitimately don't know.)

We'd all love to see more cars, but we'll still get Muscle Milk vs Dyson, and the battle royal that is the GT class.

I will shoot way too many pictures, probably get a bit of a sunburn in the one spot I forget to put sunblock, and my feet will likely hurt.

But you won't be able to beat the grin off my face with a brick
URC is the series with the cars that look like the old CanAm cars.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3098709)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Anybody know what the Libra team is doing next weekend?
Old 26 Jun 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3098715)   #15
Deleted
Veteran

Taking a weekend off? The last race was only two months ago after all, let the boys rest...
Old 27 Jun 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3099113)   #16
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those attending Lime Rock, we'd of course LOVE to meet you, so please do stop by.

Also, every race event, we hold a contest on twitter and allow the winner and a friend to have lunch with Bryan Sellers and Wolf Henzler at the track. This event, it will be a caption contest on Thursday July 5th and the lunch will be Friday, July 6th. I don't want to get spammy on the forum, so if you're interested, just follow on twitter @FalkenALMS for details. It'd be great if a forum participant won!
Old 27 Jun 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3099129)   #17
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will be my 4th straight year attending the race. Hopefully URC put on some kind of show worth watching. Surpised they don't even have the IMSA Lites show up. The support races really have gotten worse year to year. 2009 was awesome with the Atlantics, Formula BMW, and IMSA Lites. Last year the GT3 Cup porsches were pretty good.

The prices have also gotten a bit too high as they are asking $80 for saturday at the gate. Still looking forward to it even though it might be a bit underwelming this year after going to the Candian GP just a couple weeks ago.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3099135)   #18
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8r View Post
This will be my 4th straight year attending the race. Hopefully URC put on some kind of show worth watching. Surpised they don't even have the IMSA Lites show up. The support races really have gotten worse year to year. 2009 was awesome with the Atlantics, Formula BMW, and IMSA Lites. Last year the GT3 Cup porsches were pretty good.

The prices have also gotten a bit too high as they are asking $80 for saturday at the gate. Still looking forward to it even though it might be a bit underwelming this year after going to the Candian GP just a couple weeks ago.
I completely agree with you on the support races. I've attended every event since the first ALMS race there in 2004, and it will be eerie to not have any support races. Does anybody know if the URC cars will actually make it out to the track, if any show up at all?
Old 27 Jun 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3099191)   #19
Deleted
Veteran

Well if we look at the schedule, the URC cars aren't actually racing at all, just doing some brief demonstration runs on Friday/Saturday/Sunday... assuming that some cars actually show up that is. Someone on other forum said that there were, umm, four cars at Laguna (strange considering that they weren't even listed on the official event schedule), which is quite hilarious I must admit

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Jun 2012 at 23:02.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3099203)   #20
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
should bring in some SCCA GT classes for some regional races, GTL and 3.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 02:07 (Ref:3099239)   #21
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it the ALMS or Lime Rock that are in charge of installing support races? While Grand-Am, Trans-Am and the ALMS all have weekends to themselves at Lime Rock, World Challenge doesn't come to Lime Rock this year and I think IMSA should have GT3 Challenge and IMSA Lites at all of their standalone rounds.

It's probably pressing it too close to Le Mans, but I'd like to see ALMS take over the Memorial Day Classic weekend Grand-Am vacated and race Monday afternoon. If not, making it a 4th of July event again would be cool (Friday, Saturday practice and support races, Sunday Car Show and autograph sessions, tech talks and such, Monday two support races in the morning after ALMS warm-up and then the ALMS race Monday afternoon before Independence Day celebrations).

Chris
Old 28 Jun 2012, 04:40 (Ref:3099249)   #22
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
who doesn't like watching tube frame fiberglass tercels racing around!
Old 29 Jun 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3099675)   #23
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Feel sorry for the fans showing up to Lime Rock, its time the ALMS needs more local series to show up on their weekends, I don't find the Porsche GT3 Cup interesting at all and field numbers aren't that great for IMSA lites. But only 4 Faux-am cars driving around a track is unacceptable for a support weekend.
Old 29 Jun 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3100036)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

Unless you wanna ->

there are some adjustments to check before the weekend rolls over
Old 30 Jun 2012, 00:33 (Ref:3100066)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They give the 458 a restrictor break , when the only issue with it in the ALMS is the driver line ups !!!

Whens April the 1st coming around ffs ............