Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 29 May 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3081504)   #1
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam Doran @ Greinbach

Liam Doran is definately the most controversial driver of the ERC. What do you think of his driving in the A-final at Greinbach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnW954uHClA&
At around 0:30 the moment with De Keersmaecker and Hvaal and at around 2:35 with Hedström.
Old 30 May 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3081690)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched that video a couple of days ago and thought that Liam looked quite aggressive in it, but I was waiting for more video of the A Final to emerge before I commited to an opinion.

I'm not certain if the moment shown at 0:35 was entirely his fault. It looks like Hvaal pushed him wide (seems to be contact at 0:23?). He then goes onto the grass, comes back onto track and cuts across on MDK (0:29), the impact of which pushes him onto Hvaal again (0:31, is repeated at 0:35 from a different angle).

2:35 didn't look like an especially hard touch? (It did look like there was definately contact though). Sure there was a comment on Facebook implying that Hedström already had a broken driveshaft before the contact?

Would like to see if anymore angles of the racing come out before I point the finger.
Old 30 May 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3081742)   #3
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hedström claimed a broken driveshaft already in the second lap and another one after been hit by Doran.
Old 30 May 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3081751)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Hedström claimed a broken driveshaft already in the second lap and another one after been hit by Doran.
Ah, didn't see that he had two broken driveshafts: cheers for the info Guru!

Doran was definately pushing Hedström, but does that look like an overly-aggressive move to you guys?
Old 30 May 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3081771)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I haven't seen it yet but was it just Doran making contact with people or were the others at it too? Maybe with Liam we're just looking for it a bit more and aren't noticing what the others are doing?
Old 30 May 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3081813)   #6
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I haven't seen it yet but was it just Doran making contact with people or were the others at it too? Maybe with Liam we're just looking for it a bit more and aren't noticing what the others are doing?
Other than the attached video I likewise haven't seen it properly yet, but due to his past misdemeanours I think your observation is spot on. Don't get me wrong I think some of his past antics have been disgraceful but as a result people always tend to assume the worst now. I'll draw conclusions on this latest incident once I've seen more of it.
Old 30 May 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3081943)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be interesting to hear the views of any judges of fact from circuit racing on this.

Rallycross is supposed to be non-contact - you are supposed to avoid unecessary contact. In the first incident Doran goes off the track and then comes back on showing no consideration for other drivers, cutting across the track to take out an innocent victim. In the second he drives into the inside of another car on the loose with the intention of using force to push it wide or spin it out. Those of us who follow stock car racing know these tactics all too well! In both cases contact was completely avoidable.

I don't actually blame Doran - he is young and is trying (too hard) to win. I blame organisers for gradually becoming more tolerant of unacceptable driving standards. These cars are just too fast to be used as weapons.
Old 30 May 2012, 17:26 (Ref:3081980)   #8
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha, can't believe that youre surprised by Dorans dirty driving?! Has he ever actually won (or even been in) a race without punting people off and overdriving?
Old 30 May 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3082159)   #9
rallyxxx
Rookie

rallyxxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dorans driving is disgusting and gives the sport a bad name, event back in the saxo days he was a danger to other drivers not to mention when pat let him use the rs200 as a weapon.

The problem is this is what he wants us all talking about him, yes its giving him exposure now but this kind of behaviour impresses no one but 15 year old boys, adults like ourselves just think he's a danger and a ****ING KNOB.

the ERC needs to clamp down on this behaviour before it is excepted and is started to be used by other drivers because they know they can get away with it.

I wish i had a rich daddy to buy me everything id be on that grid a punt the **** of in the first corner, and wait for his strop and beat him senseless teach him a lesson

Last edited by BertMk2; 31 May 2012 at 10:57. Reason: Edited autocensor dodge
Old 31 May 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3082293)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Bert summarises what I was trying to say in my earlier post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
...after the Lydden incident(s) we are obviously looking at him harder than the other drivers. I'd like to see the full race as many angles as possible (or hear from a few of the spectators) to get a full view on the race.

(Though, as leonidas says, even if Doran was making as much contact as everyone else, it doesn't make it right)
Old 1 Jun 2012, 06:23 (Ref:3083032)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure he was staggeringly out of order with his driving, maybe moving over far too early on Jeanny in a heat and also trying to dot he same freom the outside in the final, the incident with Hedstrom was tricky coz he was inside the lad if not in front.

Driving was just as bad in 1600 class.

And for me I thought Procter drove far worse with regard to avoidable contact and has also done for some time.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3084287)   #12
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is the current leader of the championship
Old 3 Jun 2012, 11:09 (Ref:3084409)   #13
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My god I just seen Liam making a pass and winning a heat without ramming or punting anybody made a clean pass and all
Old 3 Jun 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3084549)   #14
GOLDFINGER
Racer

Saw his car being towed on the m25 saturday middle lane passing other vehicles without any contact
Old 3 Jun 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3084601)   #15
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam Doran in hospital after heavy contact in A Final shocker.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3084891)   #16
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam mentioned that he was pushed into a concrete wall by I think Hvall while trying to get through the field after a poor start, taken to hospital as a precaution, seen pictures of the car not good. Least he's ok.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3084996)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
First video from the "A" Final in Hungary is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3r3UU8MIM

Looks like quite a few near misses! The Doran incident is interesting though, looking at the clip at 3:37 Doran is clearly at the back of the group, he then appears to go flying past both Jeanney and Hvall, only to impact the wall a few seconds later. Were Jeanney and Hvall both tangled up? Would like to see an outside view of those two corners to see what was happening.

Ironically I see Liam is now moaning on Facebook about being taken out...
Old 4 Jun 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3085014)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I unsubscribed!

But doesnt amaze me much, boy who cried wolf I am afraid
Old 4 Jun 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3085101)   #19
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the last few rounds I wonder how many ERC regulars thought "the next time that a$$hole comes near me I'm going to put him in the wall..."

Goes back to what we were saying earlier - if you allow poor driving standards problems will escalate out of control. Eventually it gets dangerous. Drive like this at somewhere like Mallory where the barriers and bridge parapets are right next to the gravel chicane and you have the recipe for a very serious incident.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 14:14 (Ref:3085122)   #20
GOLDFINGER
Racer

Cant wait for Valkenswaard !
Old 5 Jun 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3085519)   #21
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
First video from the "A" Final in Hungary is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3r3UU8MIM

Looks like quite a few near misses! The Doran incident is interesting though, looking at the clip at 3:37 Doran is clearly at the back of the group, he then appears to go flying past both Jeanney and Hvall, only to impact the wall a few seconds later. Were Jeanney and Hvall both tangled up? Would like to see an outside view of those two corners to see what was happening.

Ironically I see Liam is now moaning on Facebook about being taken out...
What seems to of happened is doran has gone down the inside, gone wide in the corner and come back across hvall or jeanney... They both took a wider line into the corner and were on dorans inside (and on the racing line) when he came across..

Its the standard racing incident, someone forgot to look left.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 5 Jun 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3085820)   #22
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the best that liams ds3 has looked all year ,most rounds it been a write off ,its on the cards each round ,would like to see full video but we all have this feeling he has got a big part in it .
Old 5 Jun 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3085875)   #23
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cannot believe him moaning on facebook about it. Doesnt like it when the shoes on the other foot does he!
Old 6 Jun 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3086202)   #24
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
After the last few rounds I wonder how many ERC regulars thought "the next time that a$$hole comes near me I'm going to put him in the wall..."
Very true. What goes around comes around.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3086215)   #25
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://hajoka.hu/index.php?view=cate...llery&Itemid=9

Ill just leave this here...

Last edited by Cryos; 6 Jun 2012 at 12:42.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..