Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:13 (Ref:1872628)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Walkinshaw Performance Owns Skaife Sports!!

... according to MN this week... half of it anyway.... but according to the shiny new deed of release with the TEGATitans this week... doesnt control the franchise licence slot...

... according to the article there were some extra expenses in HRT over and above the sponsorship income.. reported to be ~$2 million for the single season!!

And the control of the franchise licence slot was a swapsie for the dollars outstanding....

So what do they do next year if there is a funding shortfall? The rest of the franchise licence slot position reverts to Happy Tom?

Odd... Amazing... But not surprising
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1872634)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all i can do really, not really unexpected.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 00:06 (Ref:1872708)   #3
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's sad to think I never really believed Skaife owned HRT inthe first place, so this comes as no surprise........ Integrity is somewhat lacking in the walkingshaw circus
Old 21 Mar 2007, 00:45 (Ref:1872720)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I reckon Happy Tom NEVER lost HRT, it was just a spin put on by HOLDEN'S PR punks to keep the cashorts at TEGA & VE$A happy, Nothing new here.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:10 (Ref:1872733)   #5
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other part of the confidential memo revealed by MN (where it confirms TW has 1/2 of Skaife's company) states that Skaife has been dumped ie sacked from the board of both TEGA and V8 Supercar Australia. Why wasnt this is the press release, and why are they always trying to cover for Skaife????????
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:16 (Ref:1872738)   #6
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS Good work MN, once again the only media to have the full story
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:22 (Ref:1872742)   #7
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator22
PS Good work MN, once again the only media to have the full story
Don't know what AA have but they are unlikely to bit the hand that feeds them.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:35 (Ref:1872746)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
well done MN filling in the fans that make this sport possible, unlike the official people .

but i had a funny feeling that Skaife didn't own HRT outright and uncle Snappy had something to do with this as i couldn't see Holden beeing so welcoming on his return after the poo heap he left them in, so i had a felling that he always had a piece of the pie albiet a small one to now again come half the pie.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:51 (Ref:1872753)   #9
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reckon TEGA will be ****ed off that there confidential memo made it into a journos hands???
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:57 (Ref:1872756)   #10
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only good news

VE$A, TEGA & all associated with V8 Supercars only want good news.

Ford fans need to accept their teams are ALL in this up to their necks, ditto Holden teams.

We are entitled to know everything - Dick, who's making the coffee? Why? See who has got a red cup, ah .....
Old 21 Mar 2007, 02:06 (Ref:1872759)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty05
Reckon TEGA will be ****ed off that there confidential memo made it into a journos hands???
Allegedly they shouldnt have given them a copy then should they Allegedly
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Mar 2007, 02:43 (Ref:1872772)   #12
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unless i have missed something here. nothing is solved. Toll Run cars built, prepared and managed by WP, and he owns 50% of Skaife sports, then the rules are still being broken...

are toll and HRT still in the same building complex?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 04:58 (Ref:1872812)   #13
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Allegedly they shouldnt have given them a copy then should they Allegedly
i astound myself with my naivety sometimes
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

Old 21 Mar 2007, 04:58 (Ref:1872813)   #14
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe TW doesn't own 50% but 49% which still leaves Skaife with the controlling half.......then agian Bernie owns less than 20% of F1 these days and still has control, nothing to stop TW from setting up the same deal.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 05:36 (Ref:1872824)   #15
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone
unless i have missed something here. nothing is solved. Toll Run cars built, prepared and managed by WP, and he owns 50% of Skaife sports, then the rules are still being broken...

are toll and HRT still in the same building complex?
Thats what I though aswell
Old 21 Mar 2007, 05:38 (Ref:1872828)   #16
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
one of the more interesting things i read today is that they're considering 'grouping' the 4 cars over the race weekend, therefore limiting the amount of laps they can run on the friday

Old 21 Mar 2007, 05:48 (Ref:1872831)   #17
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walkinshaw Owns HSV who just happen to be one of the major sponsors of the TOLL/HSV Team.

Teams tend to do what big $$ Sponsors say? but wait the sponsor also supplies the race cars... and the team personel...

All Tega have done is create one large festering sore. how do they explain all of this to the other teams.......
Old 21 Mar 2007, 06:07 (Ref:1872837)   #18
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
... and they all lived happily ever after at Uncle Toms Cabin ... little Nosey, Baby Toddler and that funny old Kelly family with their dog Silly who live in the apartment at the rear.

It all began when Uncle Tom forgot to pay a few thousand people back in the old country and had to go on a quick holiday to the Antipodes. Before he went, he told trusty Nosey to look after the House of Rorts and Trickery (HRT) for him. Good old Nosey signed all the Magic Papers with the Invisible Ink that Uncle Tom had given him and was told never to reveal the details to The Evil Government Association (TEGA) or he would get spanked when Uncle Tom came back. Or worse, he would incur the wrath of his master Holden Vader, the dark force of the universe.

Uncle Tom told him to look after the Kelly family too because they were simple country folk and could not do their own chores. Nosey and Baby Toddler had to give them all their toys when they were finished with them.
But soon it became apparent that Nosey could not do it without Uncle Tom ... he was making a mess of all his chores and it was affecting Baby Toddler too. But that funny old Kelly family were having no trouble with their chores and they had much more fun with their toys.

So Uncle Tom came back.

He soon took over all the toys, did all the chores and made Nosey play with the Kelly family's dog Silly but Nosey broke their billy cart and poor Silly had no fun. He even made them all gang up on The Kid from up the road and take his trophy. They were all learning how to do things Uncle Tom's way ...

But poor Nosey was STILL having trouble with his chores, trouble sleeping and having no fun in the playground (breaking all his toys) because he could see the men from TEGA spying on him and checking the Magic Papers. The TEGA men came and took Nosey and Uncle Tom away - it looked like trouble for the House of Rorts and Trickery - their house might be pulled down because it was not made of the right stuff.

But everybody had forgotton that Uncle Tom is the master of tricks. he simply reached into his bag and pulled out some more papers and gave them to the TEGA men (along with some other paper material hidden in his handshake) while his Eagles watched over menacingly.

Uncle Tom said to little Nosey "You see, my son, you can fool some of the people some of the time and you can fool all the people some of the time but you can definitely fool the all of the TEGA people all of the time".
Old 21 Mar 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1872844)   #19
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 08:48 (Ref:1872900)   #20
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Outstanding effort there Deeks, sure you haven't missed your calling.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 08:49 (Ref:1872903)   #21
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I have said zillions of times, I'm a HRT fan.

But this is getting utterly rediculous. Bob owns the farm, but leases the paddocks to Steve, who runs and operates the farm, leasing cattle form George, who also has a 49% stake in the tractor who is operated by Bob, who lends this to Steve to run the cattle. BUT WAIT!! Bob ALSO owns the competition farm, and George runs it. So, where does that leave Steve?

Silly, Silly crap. What will happen if another guy decided to do this? TEGA will not have a leg to stand on.

I'm tempted to go get a few million dollar loan and do just that to see what happens!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 09:19 (Ref:1872927)   #22
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are you talking about deeks? Are you on drugs?????

Where can I get some?

Very funny, WD.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 09:53 (Ref:1872949)   #23
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
... and they all lived happily ever after at Uncle Toms Cabin ... little Nosey, Baby Toddler and that funny old Kelly family with their dog Silly who live in the apartment at the rear.

It all began when Uncle Tom forgot to pay a few thousand people back in the old country and had to go on a quick holiday to the Antipodes. Before he went, he told trusty Nosey to look after the House of Rorts and Trickery (HRT) for him. Good old Nosey signed all the Magic Papers with the Invisible Ink that Uncle Tom had given him and was told never to reveal the details to The Evil Government Association (TEGA) or he would get spanked when Uncle Tom came back. Or worse, he would incur the wrath of his master Holden Vader, the dark force of the universe.

Uncle Tom told him to look after the Kelly family too because they were simple country folk and could not do their own chores. Nosey and Baby Toddler had to give them all their toys when they were finished with them.
But soon it became apparent that Nosey could not do it without Uncle Tom ... he was making a mess of all his chores and it was affecting Baby Toddler too. But that funny old Kelly family were having no trouble with their chores and they had much more fun with their toys.

So Uncle Tom came back.

He soon took over all the toys, did all the chores and made Nosey play with the Kelly family's dog Silly but Nosey broke their billy cart and poor Silly had no fun. He even made them all gang up on The Kid from up the road and take his trophy. They were all learning how to do things Uncle Tom's way ...

But poor Nosey was STILL having trouble with his chores, trouble sleeping and having no fun in the playground (breaking all his toys) because he could see the men from TEGA spying on him and checking the Magic Papers. The TEGA men came and took Nosey and Uncle Tom away - it looked like trouble for the House of Rorts and Trickery - their house might be pulled down because it was not made of the right stuff.

But everybody had forgotton that Uncle Tom is the master of tricks. he simply reached into his bag and pulled out some more papers and gave them to the TEGA men (along with some other paper material hidden in his handshake) while his Eagles watched over menacingly.

Uncle Tom said to little Nosey "You see, my son, you can fool some of the people some of the time and you can fool all the people some of the time but you can definitely fool the all of the TEGA people all of the time".
very well writen , and true.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1872954)   #24
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote deeks 6 "

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 10:12 (Ref:1872958)   #25
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pure class Deeks , loved it