Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Oct 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3684300)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Historic Racing Today Xmas brunch

Annual get together. Now confirmed as Thursday 29th Dec............
Old 31 Oct 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3684301)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've plugged this in as a place holder. Again I will be in far flung place(s) but hopefully some of the gang will attend.
Old 21 Nov 2016, 22:59 (Ref:3690063)   #3
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
XMAS MEET UP

Is there any appetite for a meet again over the Christmas season?... Ace Cafe etc?

Let me know your thoughts

Ta
C
Old 21 Nov 2016, 23:02 (Ref:3690065)   #4
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd come........

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 22 Nov 2016, 00:23 (Ref:3690078)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
27th / 28th / 29th all good for me...
Old 22 Nov 2016, 06:31 (Ref:3690130)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Peter had plugged the date of 30th into the calendar yonks ago, but we can move that if peeps can agree on a date that suits the majority.

Ace is good for me, and any of the days mentioned incl 30th. As Xmas is on a sunday, 27th will be a bank holiday, so maybe best avoided?
Old 22 Nov 2016, 07:15 (Ref:3690136)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm probably 'out' this year, going testing on 28th and 31st.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Nov 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3690250)   #8
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Peter had plugged the date of 30th into the calendar yonks ago, but we can move that if peeps can agree on a date that suits the majority.

Ace is good for me, and any of the days mentioned incl 30th. As Xmas is on a sunday, 27th will be a bank holiday, so maybe best avoided?
Lucky old you! France doesn't take an extra day off just because Christmas Day is on a Sunday - it's back to normal on Monday.

Having said that, I may consider a day trip across if the weather is nice...
Old 22 Nov 2016, 23:35 (Ref:3690365)   #9
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
30th would be hard for me.... but could do 29th ... would not fancy Bank Holiday.... so 29th anyone??????
Old 23 Nov 2016, 06:32 (Ref:3690423)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Lucky old you! France doesn't take an extra day off just because Christmas Day is on a Sunday - it's back to normal on Monday.

Having said that, I may consider a day trip across if the weather is nice...
Can't the unions call a strike for the Tuesday? (Isn't 'Boxing Day' 26th a B/H over there?)

John, if you're prepared to travel from across the channel to attend, then would be nice to see a few tenthers closer to the venue making the effort as well! How about it, people?

29th OK for me, so are we going to agree for that thursday? If so I'll change date on thread title....
Old 23 Nov 2016, 07:32 (Ref:3690429)   #11
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Can't the unions call a strike for the Tuesday? (Isn't 'Boxing Day' 26th a B/H over there?)

John, if you're prepared to travel from across the channel to attend, then would be nice to see a few tenthers closer to the venue making the effort as well! How about it, people?

29th OK for me, so are we going to agree for that thursday? If so I'll change date on thread title....
No Boxing Day here. The tradition is to have a Christmas dinner in the evening of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day is a holiday & that's it. If holidays happen to fall on a Sunday there are no days/weeks off in lieu as happens in UK.

Not making any promises for 29th as weather etc play a part at this time of the year but I'm on my own so it might be an opportunity for a day out...
Old 23 Nov 2016, 08:46 (Ref:3690443)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
then would be nice to see a few tenthers closer to the venue making the effort as well! How about it, people
Hmmm. I not sure that having Mr Elwin on the bill would pull in the fans in droves, however, I MIGHT make the effort.
Old 23 Nov 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3690445)   #13
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Hmmm. I not sure that having Mr Elwin on the bill would pull in the fans in droves, however, I MIGHT make the effort.
Baubles should be fully occupied dangling from a Christmas tree at that time of year - or isn't that very PC in Luton these days???
Old 23 Nov 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3690469)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Baubles should be fully occupied dangling from a Christmas tree at that time of year - or isn't that very PC in Luton these days???
Dangling Baubles? I shudder at the thought.....

Appreciate that weather conditions could affect your travel plans, John. I can do the journey totally by train and shanks's pony, but last year or year before there was a strike on, just called off in time, then 'overhead line failure' when time to go home!

I did get a full refund though....
Old 23 Nov 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3690471)   #15
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:

Appreciate that weather conditions could affect your travel plans, John. I can do the journey totally by train and shanks's pony, but last year or year before there was a strike on, just called off in time, then 'overhead line failure' when time to go home!

My plans may be short-lived, Mike. I've just been looking at travel options - the Tunnel claims to have sold out of cheap day trips & neither P&O or DFDS are exactly cheap.

Might have to go the people smuggling route - at least that might get me a free hotel in England!
Old 23 Nov 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3690475)   #16
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
29th it is then
Old 23 Nov 2016, 13:00 (Ref:3690491)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
29th it is then
OK, I'll change it on the calendar when I get home!

John, I'm sure there are plenty of willing 'passengers' still lurking in the area....
Old 23 Nov 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3690509)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
As it's a Thursday I might be able to get up there this year
Old 23 Nov 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3690558)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Excellent, Tim.
Old 23 Nov 2016, 22:42 (Ref:3690612)   #20
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike,

as I have never been to a 10/10ths Ace Café Christmas extravaganza, and the fact that I can have my Christmas "Fry Up" Dinner there (wife is in Australia for six weeks over Xmas and New year), I,m happy to be your taxi and save you getting the train. Room for four if there is anyone else going from our "Snettertonish" area . Let me know as soon as, and I can promise my stomach a seasonal treat !!
Old 24 Nov 2016, 06:29 (Ref:3690664)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sounds like a plan, Graham! Thanks. We can discuss details nearer the time, but disappointed you're not suggesting we travel in the 917 or T70!
Old 24 Nov 2016, 09:19 (Ref:3690687)   #22
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully I can make it as it's the Thursday as long as none of the little blighters break their toys on the Wednesday. Would dearly like to see the T70 Graham......

Old 24 Nov 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3690770)   #23
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds like a plan, Graham! Thanks. We can discuss details nearer the time, but disappointed you're not suggesting we travel in the 917 or T70!
OK Mike, how about this. Do you have any brown trousers ?
If it is completely dry and absolutely no salt/grit has been put down, we could go in the GT40. ONLY if the weather is really stable though, as I,m not going to have corrosion damage.
The 917 is not road legal, and the T70Mk3b is in a thousand bits and will be at least a year in putting it back together properly.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1076.jpg  
Old 24 Nov 2016, 18:49 (Ref:3690775)   #24
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Hopefully I can make it as it's the Thursday as long as none of the little blighters break their toys on the Wednesday. Would dearly like to see the T70 Graham......

Max, be patient with me regarding the Lola. As I,ve just said to Mike, it is a thousand pieces now, but the rebuild is about to commence in a big way over this winter period. Lots of replacement "goodies" beginning to pile up, and I even picked up new windscreen from Pilkingtons yesterday. (Shippers cracked the original one in delivery).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20160208-WA0014.jpg   IMG_0215.JPG  
Old 24 Nov 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3690781)   #25
midgetman
Veteran

Awesome! Looks like the Tenths Christmas meet 2017 is your target ;-)