Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Nov 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3692199)   #26
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
So... shall I ring and book the table... from what time?..11 onwards? or later?
Old 30 Nov 2016, 07:19 (Ref:3692282)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
1100hrs OK for me, hopefully for GT917 as well?
Old 30 Nov 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3692384)   #28
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'll probably not be able to get there until a little bit later but don't hang on me in case I can't get there at all.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3692420)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
but don't hang on me in case I can't get there at all.
We won't! Usually peeps come and go in their own time, and with luck there is a cross over point in the middle somewhere.....
Old 30 Nov 2016, 16:46 (Ref:3692431)   #30
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
1100hrs OK for me, hopefully for GT917 as well?
That's fine for me Mike, and it is now set in stone and in my calendar in black ink. Just have to confirm where and at what time you want me to pick you up.

Graham.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3696595)   #31
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I,m rather looking forward to this International event on the 29th and the predictable huge turnout of bright eyed and bushy tailed Tenthers et al, following Christmas celebrations.

As I am treating this sumptuous venue and its culinary delights as my Christmas dinner (wifes away in Australia for six weeks), may I just ask what the dress code is please, and do my jeans and shirt have to be ironed ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 Dec 2016, 10:13 (Ref:3696606)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
I,m rather looking forward to this International event on the 29th and the predictable huge turnout of bright eyed and bushy tailed Tenthers et al, following Christmas celebrations.

As I am treating this sumptuous venue and its culinary delights as my Christmas dinner (wifes away in Australia for six weeks), may I just ask what the dress code is please, and do my jeans and shirt have to be ironed ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Certainly not, it's a biker cafe! Although couple of years ago a group (prob ex bikers) arrived in a brand new Roller......

I'll pm you later re travel arrangements.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3696639)   #33
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Certainly not, it's a biker cafe!
Does that mean it'll be full of ruffians?
Old 16 Dec 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3696659)   #34
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Does that mean it'll be full of ruffians?
Only after Bauble arrives!
Old 16 Dec 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3696724)   #35
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Only after Bauble arrives!

It depends on which version of Bauble turns up.
Attached Thumbnails
3.jpg   001 - Copy.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 16 Dec 2016, 21:54 (Ref:3696747)   #36
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top Cyclo Cross pic there Baub

Chain ring protectors too - serious stuff
Old 17 Dec 2016, 07:36 (Ref:3696790)   #37
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
Top Cyclo Cross pic there Baub

Chain ring protectors too - serious stuff
Well spotted Adrian, you clearly know your Criss Cross racing, the venue was in Wales.
Did you identify the driver being interviewed?

See you at the POM no doubt.

Cheers,

Bob ex LCCA, BCCA, BLRC
Old 17 Dec 2016, 09:55 (Ref:3696805)   #38
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tarquini?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 17 Dec 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3696815)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Tarquini?
Give the man a cigar.
Old 17 Dec 2016, 13:01 (Ref:3696823)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Going completely off topic- cyclocross on TV at the moment! Freeview Channel 251 'BIKE'......
Old 17 Dec 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3696832)   #41
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well spotted Adrian, you clearly know your Criss Cross racing, the venue was in Wales.
Did you identify the driver being interviewed?

See you at the POM no doubt.

Cheers,

Bob ex LCCA, BCCA, BLRC
I did a few CC events in the winters to keep competing but I was primarily a road racer.

Pom should be on - different car planned for '17 in an effort to leverage the reg changes.

Nova will also run but in new hands as the driver from the last few years is unfortunately not at all well and no longer driving.

Adrian ex CT&C CC, H CC & Anglia Sport
Old 18 Dec 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3696956)   #42
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
I did a few CC events in the winters to keep competing but I was primarily a road racer.

Pom should be on - different car planned for '17 in an effort to leverage the reg changes.

Nova will also run but in new hands as the driver from the last few years is unfortunately not at all well and no longer driving.

Adrian ex CT&C CC, H CC & Anglia Sport
I became a 'cyclist' by riding to race meetings back in the '50's, when it was the only way to get to club events, (there were excursions to the Daily Express Trophy and GP). Riding from North London to Silverstone taught us lads that we needed better equipment, and so we graduated on to pukka lightweights, which took us to Snetterton, Brands Hatch, Goodwood, Crystal Palace, and few other sprint courses.
Eventually I joined the Edgware Road Club, and started Road Racing, however while training for my second season I suffered a couple of collapsed lungs, ending my career as a potential Tour winner. I did a few 25's and as the club was big in Cross racing I dabbled for a few years, without any level of success, but became first, Membership Sec of the BCCA, then Secretary of the London CCA, before taking the position of Treasurer at national level. The then Secretary, Ray Richards, and I organised the 1973 World Cyclo Cross Championships at Crystal Palace.
I never made a name for myself in competition, but like to think that I added something to British Cycling.

When we moved to Luton I used to ride to Borehamwood to work every day, ending up with an annual mileage of about 10,000 miles. Boy was I fit back then.
Attached Images

Old 18 Dec 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3696992)   #43
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Respect!

Are you joining us at The Ace, Bob? (Cycling there not compulsory... )
Old 18 Dec 2016, 18:01 (Ref:3696996)   #44
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Respect!

Are you joining us at The Ace, Bob? (Cycling there not compulsory... )
I certainly hope to be there, if events do not overtake me, by events I mean Mrs Bob.
Old 18 Dec 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3696999)   #45
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I certainly hope to be there, if events do not overtake me, by events I mean Mrs Bob.
Why, is she chasing you with the rolling pin, or a rolled Women's Weekly (with acknowledgement to the late Victoria Wood) ?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 08:20 (Ref:3697303)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Why, is she chasing you with the rolling pin, or a rolled Women's Weekly (with acknowledgement to the late Victoria Wood) ?
Well. Victoria would I suppose.

Mrs B has no need of implements, her tongue does all the damage needed to keep me in line.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3697432)   #47
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't it about this time last year Mrs B had a nasty injury and our Bauble had to cook his own Christmas fare. I do hope she's restored to the rudest of rude health Mr B

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Dec 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3697438)   #48
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Wasn't it about this time last year Mrs B had a nasty injury and our Bauble had to cook his own Christmas fare. I do hope she's restored to the rudest of rude health Mr B

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
How kind of you to remember, Max, Dear Judith will never fully recover the strength in her right arm (phew!), but otherwise is in rude (one might even say obscene) health, thank you.
So unless she organises another 'crash for cash scam', I should be able to sit back on Christmas Day eating chocolates and contemplating the washing up.

Luckily number 2 daughter has no better offer for Turkey dinner, so will descend on her aged parents, and probably take over many of the cooking duties. The bad news is she will bring her 'partner' and his mate John, and he does love to tell you all about himself. Ah! Well there is always the Ace to look forward to.

Kindest possible regards,

Bob AKA Bauble.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 10:30 (Ref:3698509)   #49
bauble
Veteran

England
If Mike & co are making their way from the wilds of Norfolk, could they not bring Mr Tuner with them?

That would make the journey worthwhile for the rest of us.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 10:42 (Ref:3698510)   #50
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know who this Mr Tuner is but if it's me, it would be quite a deviation for Mike. I am capable of driving myself ..... just about ..... but will probably be working that day, at local hospital.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!