Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 May 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2199862)   #1
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rounds 5 & 6 British F3 - Monza

First of the three overseas trips for British F3 this weekend. Twenty nine entries with two additions in the Invitation Class for Matteo Chinosi and Federico Leo, but Oli Oakes and Niall Quinn wont be going to Monza.

Preview here with entry list, timetable and lap of Monza with Max Chilton.

Jeff
Old 12 May 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2200284)   #2
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's a shame about Oli Oakes and Niall Quinn. Even if they don't think they are up to speed yet, you'd think they would want to go to get some more mileage and learn Monza for the future. Mind you, both their cars were amongst those damaged at Croft, so maybe money is a factor.

Still, all the big guns will be there and there should be some cracking racing.

One random point still puzzles me. The Regulations refer to the Series being run over 22 races to be held at 11 meetings, so shouldn't this simply be Round 3? That's the way other Series like GP2 and WSR deal with it and they have two races at each meeting as well.
Old 13 May 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2201253)   #3
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's probably not exactly cheap to get the trucks and stuff all the way to Monza, especially for smaller teams. Also, I guess if you're not quite up to speed you'll be at a bit of disadvantage.
Old 14 May 2008, 10:34 (Ref:2201987)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The first point is very valid, Mike, and I sort of referred to it in my post. It's just that if you can afford to go to Monza, I think you should, even if you're not completely up to speed yet. Surely no-one can expect to come into the Series now and expect to be on a par with the teams and drivers who have been testing and racing since the middle of February? The answer is more mileage, and the opportunity to learn Monza could also be handy for the future if they plan to stick around in racing.

Anyway, right now, I'm more bothered about the weather forecast. It's warm enough over there, but they (Yahoo) are saying the next couple of days will be mostly cloudy with rain on Saturday and Sunday.
Old 14 May 2008, 11:24 (Ref:2202022)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well someone like Eurotek already missed a few races, so its not like they've got points to worry about. With Rockingham being the weekend after, I can see why you really wouldn't bother with Monza in those circumstances.
Old 14 May 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2202036)   #6
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Max Chilton describes a lap of the 5.8km Monza circuit
What no video?
Old 16 May 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2203692)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
The first free practice session starts in about 20 minutes. So far it is dry, which will give the guys a good start to the weekend.

This week, go here for the live timing and here for the session times etc. You have to click on the British F3 International Series tab.

It looks as though Ali Jackson will not be running and Salman Al-Qualifa is due to make a late appearance.
Old 16 May 2008, 10:20 (Ref:2203844)   #8
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sergio Perez P1 early in session 2.

Edit: all new machinery for these guys today I see.
Old 16 May 2008, 14:16 (Ref:2204057)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
No, L2lLO, the entry is split into International (2008), National (2005-07) and Invitation Classes as usual. The two Italians are the Invitation entries.
Old 16 May 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2204188)   #10
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Qualifying has been abandoned...
Old 16 May 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2204241)   #11
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying for race 1 will now be decided by tommorrow's Q2 session counting for both.

Each driver's best time will count towards race one, with their second best qualifying laps will decide the grid for race two.
Old 16 May 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2204258)   #12
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What caused Quali to be abandoned?

British F3 site doesn't mention anything.
Old 16 May 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2204414)   #13
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rain I believe
Old 17 May 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2204554)   #14
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
What caused Quali to be abandoned?

British F3 site doesn't mention anything.
Torrential rain made the track unsafe. The story went up onto the BF3 website once a decision had been taken to how the grid was to be decided for Round 5 - Story here

Jeff
Old 17 May 2008, 08:24 (Ref:2204566)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
See above.

The back-up plan, should Q2 also be lost to the weather (quite likely at the moment), is to base the grid on Series points positions.

Last edited by strider; 17 May 2008 at 08:27.
Old 17 May 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2204595)   #16
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
No, L2lLO, the entry is split into International (2008), National (2005-07) and Invitation Classes as usual. The two Italians are the Invitation entries.
Yeah, 10-4 Strider. Bit of a display fault in nationality and vehicle columns yesterday when I first opened the link, one of the support races I think, good for a laugh - an inside joke I reckon.

Is it 20 mins or so to qualifying? Anyone happen to know if it's still raining?
Old 17 May 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2204607)   #17
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Boom...Sergio, again.

Gawd, Phil, seem like a bright kid, keep the ride and work something out with Dan Morad, you got that kinda coin. Oy!

Real easy for me to say I know.
Old 17 May 2008, 10:12 (Ref:2204612)   #18
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
http://www.mstworld.com/live/LiveTimingGTSupport.html

Am I seeing things, or is Andy Meyrick, in a last generation car, really on pole???

I can only assume that the weather was on and off, and he managed to set his time in the dry...
Old 17 May 2008, 10:25 (Ref:2204620)   #19
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Looks like KMJ, seems to be working properly. That'll spice things up at the front.
Old 17 May 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2204623)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv
Am I seeing things, or is Andy Meyrick, in a last generation car, really on pole???

I can only assume that the weather was on and off, and he managed to set his time in the dry...
I think Matteo Chinosi, the Italian guest driver, set a faster time at the very end.

Meyrick's time was set by short-cutting one of the chicanes, but plenty of drivers are in trouble for that, so any order you see at the moment is very provisional indeed.
Old 17 May 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2204629)   #21
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Times not yet announced

The Officials are working to get the official times and grids sorted as soon as possible. Story here.

Ignore what you saw on live timing, the conditions were very slippery and drivers were cutting the chicanes regularly.

As soon as we have some news I'll post it on the series website

Jeff
Old 17 May 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2204633)   #22
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Wetter track than I thought, thanks Mac.
Old 17 May 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2204638)   #23
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
OK, thanks for the news guys
Old 17 May 2008, 12:25 (Ref:2204677)   #24
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Round 5 Grid

Chinosi on pole ahead of Chilton. Full rundown here
Old 17 May 2008, 14:44 (Ref:2204745)   #25
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chilton on pole for race 2 ahead of Chinosi, row 2 Mustonen and Devaney with Hohenthal and Guerrieri on row 3

Full grid
http://http://www.autosport.com/news...t.php/id/67495

I would like to see Devaney get a good run starting from p4, after his rotten luck at croft and looking at live timing is out of race 1 on first lap.

Talk about luck of the Irish