Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jan 2003, 15:50 (Ref:489544)   #1
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Industrial Placements.

Right quite a serious request.

I am in the middle of applying to companies with regard to a year placement for the periods of summer 03 to summer 04, and i was wondering if any one has any ideas on who would be good companies to contact. This is just me putting out a request for information, as i have so far applied to a total of 9 compaines with nil response, and its getting a bit late to sort out housing etc for next year if i dont get a placement.

I am studying for a Materials Engineering BEng at Loughborough University, and my Cv can be seen here
Ed's CV

Now I am really looking into going into the compisite field when i graduate, and as i have always been fascinated by putting things together, it seems to me that a logical step for involving these two interests would be some form of composite manufacture, hopefully involving race teams (really dont see any pleasure in working for a run-of-the-mil automotive company)

So i'm putting it to you guys to see if you can help out, I'm not asking for defintes, just information and ideas on the best routes/compaines to apply to.

I'll leave you too it
Regards
Ed Clark

Last edited by Try Hard; 29 Jan 2003 at 15:51.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 09:28 (Ref:490309)   #2
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you tried The Engineering Recruitment Show, it travels around the country and you could get a good lead from it. I went when it was held at the National Motorcycle Museum down by the NEC, it also visits Manchester.

I don't mean to criticise but your c.v. does not sell yourself to well, you have a lot of info but this may tend to be a bit dull for the reader. If you are aiming for placement in an industry that employes people with your qualification I don't think they need to know the course content.

From what I've picked up from different people is that you make sure the front page of your c.v. grabs the attention of the reader and makes them want to read the rest, and remember no more than 2 pages.

This may be the reason you have had no luck finding a job placement so far.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 13:19 (Ref:490538)   #3
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Cheers for the advice, I think I'll sit down this afternoon at re-write the CV.
Old 3 Feb 2003, 17:49 (Ref:495126)   #4
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
right i have modifyed my cv, if any body could let me know what they think, that would be great.
if you don't want to post, email me at
try_hard@hotmail.com